What item did you cut out that made a difference?

Options

Replies

• pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    my ex lol

Love it!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I only cut out calories that put me over maintenance.

Yup.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    What item did you give up that was fairly easy to do and made the biggest impact on jump starting your weight loss?

Getting started, I'm starting small, baby steps, as I feel I can stick to a diet easier if I do it one step at a time. I thought this question might give me ideas on what I can give up and not feel like I lost something or that I'm doing an extreme diet. Where can I make a small cut for a big difference.

Excuses
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Processed foods, pop, all fast food, and the biggest one for me is SUGAR..I was the biggest sugar addict I can't believe I don't have diabetes and I'm sure my body is still going through shock! I don't use any butter or added salt on my foods either. Lucky for me I love the taste of whole foods without dressing them up a whole lot and love most foods so I have plenty of options. But really going back to basics and buying more fresh foods, and planning meals is the ticket
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Most carbs.
  • AmyDee1969
    AmyDee1969 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the perspective of "adding in" rather than "cutting out" - at least in the beginning. Add in more water, fruit and veggies and somehow junky stuff seems to cut itself out as the good "add ins" increase. I still have a ways to go myself, but this mindset works for me :)
  • rlh226
    rlh226 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Replacing diet coke with WATER has made a huge difference in my life!
    Ive also stopped the "little" nibbling on snacks during the day. It all adds up. I make my "meals" more purposeful so that I am in control of whatever it is i choose to eat. Be MINDFUL of your food!
  • DiamondCupCake
    DiamondCupCake Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Soda. definitely. U can see the bloat go down, significantly.
  • rlh226
    rlh226 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    so so true!!
  • Starlingwriter
    Starlingwriter Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "healthy" fads and hype that claim you need to increase your protein, eat massive amounts of vegetables, consume bizarre grains, count and "balance" your macros, cook with only certain oils, cut out ALL sugar, etc.

Once I allowed myself to eat and enjoy the foods that I found most psychologically satisfying.....the sky was the limit! I eat pasta, wings, chili, macaroni salad, ribs...even corn dogs and hot pockets if that's what I really REALLY want. Just count those calories, stay within the limits, learn to accept hunger, and pay attention to your mood and energy level as feedback :)
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Excuses!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I cut out sitting on my butt all day and eating huge portions of food.

Now I exercise regularly, and I track my food. I still eat whatever i want - haven't cut out any foods - I just eat less of them.
  • JHart0816
    JHart0816 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Two things:

Candy - I had gotten into a terrible habit of buying candy after lunch every day at work. At first it was just two Hershey's miniatures, then three, then four, then "what the heck, let's eat a whole candy bar". I was "wasting" so many calories and of course eating candy didn't fill me up one bit. Then I'd get home and feel like I'd already started eating candy for the day, so I'd sneak a few jelly beans or skittles out of hubby's candy jar every time I'd walk by. I'd log the candy I ate at work, but not what I ate at home, so who knows how many extra calories I was eating each day.

Kids leftovers - I'd also nibble up things on my daughters' plates that they didn't finish after dinner. A few bites of chicken, a garlic bread crust, two spoonfuls of rice, etc. Stuff that was hard to measure out so I never logged it.

I believe these two bad habits helped contribute to an almost 10 pound weight gain in a year and a half (I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'm short so it bothers me). I hope that by cutting these bad habits out and replacing them with healthy ones, I'll lose this extra weight!
  • nvmooch
    Options
    Read your food labels. I still pretty much eat what I want, leave out anything that's obviously unhealthy or has little nutritional benefit (fast food, candy, etc). I think everyone has their own kryptonite, and logging your food intake will help you discover what it is.
  • sandymayhew2014
    sandymayhew2014 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bread, sweets and drinks. Biggest difference now and I love it.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Fast foods, soda, candy.

Well actually I haven't cut it out completely, But I'll have like every once in a long while. I mean, I used have that constantly like almost everyday!! :ohwell:
  • Cheveliar
    Cheveliar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Totally!!!!! I've had one in 6 months cuz I thought I deserved it. LOL However cutting them has really helped excelerate the loss.
  • joyangbax
    joyangbax Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    candy
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Switched from regular to diet drinks. Lost a ton of weight pretty much on that alone.