Does anyone else keep touchin' themselves?

Options
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone else (other than myself) keeps touching your body as you lose weight...or if this is something I should feel like a weirdo for?

For me it's my waist...it's kinda cool to put my hand on my waist and feel an indention there instead of a roll.

That, and when I'm on my side (which isn't saying much, because I know when you're on your side, things slide anyway...but it's still "something" for me) I like to put my hand on that little "dip" between my inner hip and my lower belly? It used to curve outward right away (my big stomach). My stomach is still humongous, but now there is a dip between my hip (and I can kinda feel my hipbone too) and my stomach...it's sort of concave instead of convex.

And my anklebones...omg I have anklebones (I haven't seen them in a long time) and I keep touchin' them.

I technically started at 344, but I didn't count the pounds I'd lost on accident (was very sick with the flu and lost 10 lb). I'm at 295 and while I still have a LOT of weight to lose...just that amount is changing my bod and it's nice to kind of "feel" in areas where there used to be a lot of fat.

Am I strange or is this a *somewhat* normal behavior when you're losing weight? :embarassed:

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This isn't strange at all! In fact I do the exact same thing and was going to eventually post and ask if anyone else did this. I'll be undressing to get in the shower and I'll slide my hand down my side and realise there's a curve there and I'll just feel it for a bit because I'm proud. I use it to motivate me, because I haven't really noticed any change in the mirror yet but I can feel the change when I touch. Really makes me wanna keep going :drinker:
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Haha yes! I frequently put my hands on my hips, and also feel the front part of my stomach several times a day. It's really cool, it feels kinda firm. I think it's actually good for me...it kind of works as a reminder and motivator cause I'm like Gollum/Smeagol: "Oh look how awesome our body feels now, lets not ruin it...and then I do something constructive, as it keeps me in check.
  • mswoodsy
    mswoodsy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm always checkin' my butt, feelin' if its smooth or actually has a shape yet. I even jump or shake a little to see how much still jiggles lol
    And since running/walking so much more I'm fascinated with the shape my leg muscles are forming, all the defined creases and lines between them. How firm they are. Even without flexing! Its cool! :)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    All the time No, seriously, all the time. And not just the parts you think I mean. I do this all the time with my thighs as it still freaks me out a little. Now, if I could just get my arms that rock hard.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Yep definitely. It used to be just grabbing my backside when I got bored, but now I have moved onto feeling the curve of my stomache and marvelling how firm it feels.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You're not weird at all. I feel myself up all the time. I've never had collarbones, so I have a tendency to catch myself just absently feeling them up. Not to mention my waist/hip area has started to smooth out a lot more. And I have a jaw line! It's just another way to confirm that you're really losing the weight and your body is changing. Feel away!
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I find myself always patting my belly. Or lack of it thereof. Then I feel like a weirdo. But I do find it fascinating to be that flat. I totally get it and I think that if it helps you continue on the right path, why the heck not? It's not like your giving lit cigars to babies.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I do. I think most do especially when muscles start coming in.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    All the time! legs, arms, hips, neck, everywhere!

I also sometimes find myself moving my shoulders around in the mirror to look at my collarbones, which are my new friends!

I feel like losing weight is like a gradual lesson about the human skeleton/muscular system!
    I still have a long way to go so lots of new things to reveal themselves!
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I love that everyone does this. It makes me happy. I do it too!
  • trillion30
    trillion30 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The newly formed dip between my shoulder and collarbone fascinates me at the moment....
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yep, nice to feel the curves instead of rolls :bigsmile:
  • rocktheboat1
    rocktheboat1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Definitely! It's crazy to me that I can feel my hipbones now and my ribcage, haven't seen those or felt those in a long time! I find it really encouraging because I'm not really losing anything on the scale as yet... I keep putting my hands on my hipbones all the time. And I'm shocked that I can feel my back hip bones (? not sure what the word for this is, basically the lower back area). This used to have a thick layer of back fat which is slowly going away. I love it!
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I do it too and i think it's natural. It's part of the self assurance process. That yes .. you are changing. And it's always awesome when you find a spot that has changed since last time you gave yourself a quick feel up lol.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    OMG, I touch myself ALL the time. More so now that I have started lifting. I'm constantly feeling that pointly little bone of my shoulders, my emerging biceps and my awesome (well, almost awesome) quads. Now that much of the fat is gone, I love watching my muscles move under my skin, esp when I walk!! When I'm driving, I look at my slimmer thighs with amazement.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Haha! Nope....I kind of do, too. I've lost almost 25 pounds and have been lifting weights and spending 45 minutes a day on the treadmill. So, my legs are getting for muscular/toned and defined. And, I'm starting to feel muscles and see a bit of definition in my arms. I'm always checking out my arms and calves, for sure. And, I'm developing a waist and my stomach is going down. Constantly checking myself out. Lol!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    In for self touching....

8zKyhbV.gif
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I am in just to have this show on my feed. I can't let my friends down. :laugh: