DO I REALLY NEED TO GIVE UP CARBS

Options

Replies

• Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Only processed white carbs like apples and potatoes.

Never in my life. No apples are like the best for a tight tummy. An apple a day is a good thing... So all white is processed? lol
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not!!! Your body needs carbs. . You should be more concerned about the types of carbs you are eating and the time of day that you are consuming them. . . :bigsmile:
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    God I hope not, I LOVE carbs haha. :)

Carbs are an essential part of a diet. They are the quicker-burning energy that should be paired with protein for day-long satiety and energy.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    No, just no. If there's one thing I've learned on here, calorie deficit . Eat less, move more. Carbs are yummy!:flowerforyou:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not!!! Your body needs carbs. . You should be more concerned about the types of carbs you are eating and the time of day that you are consuming them. . . :bigsmile:

Ignore the time of day thing. It does not matter when you eat your carbs.
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options

^ Yep. Time of day stuff is more "if you're eating late at night, you've probably already eaten your meals for the day and are just snacking unnecessarily because you're bored". If you're just eating dinner later, then it doesn't matter.

Calories in, calories out. That's the key.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    At my last appointment my dietician actually told me to eat more carbs, so.....
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

I am about to certify as a physical trainer and yes if you eat complex carbs for dinner unless you are doing a late workout they just sit in your system while you are watching tv and sleeping. . .

now fruit and veggies in the evening are okay. but breads rices, and pastas should be eaten earlier in the day.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I just ate a dinner roll. Tomorrow I plan to have a big juicy burger with a bun. Carbs are my friend. I would be sad if I lost my carb buddies.
  • zenobia8
    Options

seriously? i do not think "processed" means what you think it means.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

I am about to certify as a physical trainer and yes if you eat complex carbs for dinner unless you are doing a late workout they just sit in your system while you are watching tv and sleeping. . .

now fruit and veggies in the evening are okay. but breads rices, and pastas should be eaten earlier in the day.
    Lol. I eat carbs at night and they don't "sit in my system". Stop spreading this crap information.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

So what if they sit in my system? You're telling me my body shuts down completely at night and that the activity I do throughout the day or even the next day doesn't matter? Game over? Or?

Because...this entire pint of gelato I'm eating tonight RIGHT before bed is still gonna happen because 53 lbs lost and considerably amount of body fat lost later....I think I'm doing okay. You can keep your quackery.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has already said it.......
    tumblr_lpist3gu7t1qbn4o5o1_500.gif?w=604
  • zenobia8
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    i'm trying so hard to post a gif for this!!! ugh....

Messaged the how to :)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    ivhger.gif
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Whoever is certifying you needs to have THEIR certification revoked for spreading misinformation.

OP and anyone else. Do not listen to personal trainers on nutrition. Go to a Registered Dietician.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

In that case could you give your thoughts on the studies from this article that seem to suggest the opposite?

http://iifym.com/carbs-at-night/
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ivhger.gif

25600-Ice-Cream-Gif_zpscb827a21.gif