UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    <
    Achieved without giving up carbs

you go girl!!!
  • EFMcG
    EFMcG Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just had a small apple. I have a PT test in the morning. Carbs are good. :)
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    LOL - yeah get your facts straight....

Carbs are essential for your body, as well as fat and protein. Cut one of them fully and you will lose weight, but you won't function normally too long.
    Only processed white carbs like apples and potatoes.

Apples and potatoes are processed?
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    ivhger.gif

25600-Ice-Cream-Gif_zpscb827a21.gif

That's it.. You've forced my hand. ... I'll be in my fort if anyone needs me

m9pxcm.jpg
  • Revhealthy
    Revhealthy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have found that I need to stay away from processed carbs like crackers, cereals, etc. I also don't eat white bread, potatoes or rice. I focus on lean protein and get my carbs from my veggies. I don't do much fruit because it makes me hungry. Guess I'm really sensitive to the sugar In them -- even though it is "natural." Each of our bodies is unique. I think we need to find what works best for us.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! If a personal trainer is giving out specific dietary information and is not a registered dietician, you can lose you certification.

ACE Certified Personal Trainer :)
    Absolutely not!!! Your body needs carbs. . You should be more concerned about the types of carbs you are eating and the time of day that you are consuming them. . . :bigsmile:

Ignore the time of day thing. It does not matter when you eat your carbs.

I am about to certify as a physical trainer and yes if you eat complex carbs for dinner unless you are doing a late workout they just sit in your system while you are watching tv and sleeping. . .

now fruit and veggies in the evening are okay. but breads rices, and pastas should be eaten earlier in the day.

Whoever is certifying you needs to have THEIR certification revoked for spreading misinformation.

OP and anyone else. Do not listen to personal trainers on nutrition. Go to a Registered Dietician.
  • trazniewski
    trazniewski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Some trainers swear by carb cycling. (Lots of articles if you google it.) The problem I had with Atkins (no carb) is that once I had a high carb meal, I couldn't get control of my carb eating. The same is true when I simply lowered my calories. Worked great for a while, but then the weight eventually went up again because I started eating high calorie foods like chips and ice cream. It doesn't seem that these calories are way worse than other calories, only that once I started eating them I had the desire to keep eating them (and did.) Perhaps you could start by not eating 'junk food' like cookies, cake, ice cream, chips, etc. Replace them with 'real food' when you feel hungry and see how you do. The last 10 or 15 pounds though may require that you 'trick' your body, which is kind of what carb cycling is from the way I see it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Negative
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    Some trainers swear by carb cycling. (Lots of articles if you google it.) The problem I had with Atkins (no carb) is that once I had a high carb meal, I couldn't get control of my carb eating. The same is true when I simply lowered my calories. Worked great for a while, but then the weight eventually went up again because I started eating high calorie foods like chips and ice cream. It doesn't seem that these calories are way worse than other calories, only that once I started eating them I had the desire to keep eating them (and did.) Perhaps you could start by not eating 'junk food' like cookies, cake, ice cream, chips, etc. Replace them with 'real food' when you feel hungry and see how you do. The last 10 or 15 pounds though may require that you 'trick' your body, which is kind of what carb cycling is from the way I see it.

Funny, calorie deficit worked for me the whole time.

How does one trick the body? Do we tell ourselves we're doing cardio, go in blindfolded then yell, "SOOPRISE, it's weights day!!!"? Inquiring minds like mine want to know.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Don't let anyone tell you that you need to cut carbs to be lean, that is such a bunch of crap! I'm pretty darn lean and I never cut carbs, in fact I rarely pay too much attention to them. If you deprive yourself of something too much the chances are good you are going to binge at some point. GO eat carbs :wink:
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Only processed white carbs like apples and potatoes.

:laugh:

You know they say your brain doesn't need carbs ... but sometimes I wonder.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    carbs are death,..... to people like me...type 2 diabetic....i eat maybe 10 to 15 grams of carbs a day....but then again...im 61 and an old fart and not really concerned about a flat tummy....

PALEO eating has worked wonders for me though....PALEO in itself is not a low low carb diet but it can be....

i have been on this plan for 3 months now and have cured about all that is wrong with me....

just sayin....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ivhger.gif

m9pxcm.jpg

Damn your fort looks good.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    carbs are death,..... to people like me...type 2 diabetic....i eat maybe 10 to 15 grams of carbs a day....but then again...im 61 and an old fart and not really concerned about a flat tummy....

PALEO eating has worked wonders for me though....PALEO in itself is not a low low carb diet but it can be....

i have been on this plan for 3 months now and have cured about all that is wrong with me....

just sayin....

Oh, praise Paleo. What did it you cure of? Did you get turned into a newt?!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    ivhger.gif

m9pxcm.jpg

I'm all up for invaders
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ivhger.gif

m9pxcm.jpg

I'm all up for invaders

YAY! I'll bring my homemade ice cream. :bigsmile:

3143b82f-772e-4856-9284-525027ecc797_zps446a38e9.jpg

It's not terribly pretty, but it's delicious.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    ivhger.gif

m9pxcm.jpg

I'm all up for invaders

YAY! I'll bring my homemade ice cream. :bigsmile:

3143b82f-772e-4856-9284-525027ecc797_zps446a38e9.jpg

It's not terribly pretty, but it's delicious.

It's beautiful.... May I garnish?

2eofxis.jpg
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Lots of people consume tons of carbs and still remain very lean. There is really nothing to debate here.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

just sayin....

Type 2 diabetic here and I am doing just fine and dandy eating about 150 gr of carbs a day. They haven't killed me yet. In fact, I am off all diabetes medication and my A1C stays around 5.5.

I do agree that each person is different and you need to find what works for you.