What can calisthenics do for you? Let me show you.

Options

Replies

• lee134
    lee134 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The proof is in the pudding. Rock that body girl , no shame in your game .
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Amazing! I can't tell you've lost 125 pounds! what loose skin??? Where??? you hide it well. :flowerforyou:

guess i need to add back the push ups into my routine... ugh! LOL!
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    wow you look great!! Great job with the calisthenics!! I hope to be able to do a similar post!! I do weights though-- but you make a good case for incorporating some calisthenics into my routine!
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    great results, congrats and thanks for sharing! cute kiddo, too!
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • slvrsrfr
    slvrsrfr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'd like to offer up http://sworkit.com for those looking for
    calisthenics' resources.

Free calisthenics' exercise routine to follow online as well as
    an app free/premium.

Take it easy though, because their routines will kick your *kitten*!
  • llysenw
    llysenw Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Will definitely check this out.
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'd like to offer up http://sworkit.com for those looking for
    calisthenics' resources.

Free calisthenics' exercise routine to follow online as well as
    an app free/premium.

Take it easy though, because their routines will kick your *kitten*!

Thanks for the link. It looks very useful, particularly if you're travelling.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Can't believe no one has challenged this
    NOT A WEIGHT HAS BEEN LIFTED IN 8 MONTHS

are you kidding me sister!!!! You weigh something!!!! You're DOING weight training =)

just a different kind- I adore that kind- not so much the parkour- but the calisthenics/plyo section- I break to easily to do parkour.

But don't sell yourself short- you're lifting things- YOU. It counts- it's just a different flavor. And you look fantastic!!! Great job!
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am curious, OP, can you give us some details around your own progression? I am a woman and although I'm in decent shape, I cannot do a single pull-up; can't even hold myself up in that position on the bar for a full second. How long did it take you do to progress to doing a full pull-up? Did you just follow the CC progression in the beginning?

If you can't do holds or negatives I would definitely try to find a place where you can do something similar to an Australian pullup like here (at 15 seconds in): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5awp7uAem3k

I wasn't able to do a pull up at first, and not for many months! It definitely should be a long term goal for most females.

are you kidding me sister!!!! You weigh something!!!! You're DOING weight training =)

just a different kind- I adore that kind- not so much the parkour- but the calisthenics/plyo section- I break to easily to do parkour.

But don't sell yourself short- you're lifting things- YOU. It counts- it's just a different flavor. And you look fantastic!!! Great job!

Of course, but I think we could chock this up to semantics. There are huge differences between lifting external weights (which is what I meant when I said that) and using your own body weight as resistance. But they are both forms of strength training and I understand what you're saying. Thanks. =)

Thanks everyone for the comments! <3
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump for resources.

+1
  • NYfirefighter
    Options
    Calisthenics and walking/rucking are my main form of exercise
    I always liked it and during my military career it was mandatory
    Now it's a safe way to stay in shape and can work around my injuries when neccessary

I incorporate some dumbbells (nothing over 22lb) to mix things up every now and then
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Just to reiterate – NOT ONE WEIGHT HAS BEEN LIFTED IN THE LAST 8 MONTHS.

Lies. I see one weight that you have lifted...and it is small and adorable:flowerforyou:

Seriously though you look great. I might add some of this into my routine, but I personally love the heavy lifting. I feel really good after doing a bunch of squats with the bar on my back. But I really want to be able to do a pull up (just one at this point would be enough!) My BF rock climbs and as you can see from my profile pic that I occasionally join him. I cannot do ceilings; partially because of a lack of upper body strength and partially because I haven't figured out the balance/use your legs thing yet.

However I have been thinking about doing a routine at night before bed because lately I have not been feeling tired, but I need to go to bed, so some calisthenics might be the ticket. And financially, I might have to drop the gym membership next year. Yay student loans!

Remembered my question: Yoga. I didn't see anything specific about it. I have been looking for a good yoga DVD or Program (although i am better off with someone demonstrating the move. I have bought a few and the camera moves so much that you can't figure out the move or the sound is crap quality. No, you don't need great sound for yoga, but the crackles are distracting and when the mouths are moving and it takes a second for the sound to catch up aggravates me. I'll go back an relook at the OP, but any suggestions are appreciated!
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Probably a daft question but does anyone here do weights and calasthenics? I am enjoying learning to use the free weights at the gym but am definitely interested in calasthenics as well. I'd chose strong over skinny any day.

Will DL Convict conditioning for a read as I have days I cant gym it and will see if I can work it in 2-3 times a week.
  • hannahjames295
    hannahjames295 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later, thanks very much!!
  • MomiTia
    MomiTia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! It's nice to see that results can be achieved outside of the gym. Makes me want to dust off the old Sworkit app.
  • psychRN83
    psychRN83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your perspective. I keep trying to start lifiting and only last a few days. I will check this out!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!