Valentines Challenge! Starts 1/1/2011!

Options

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am so in. Let me check... Right now I am at 65-65,5kg and normally I can loose 0,5kg a week, so I hope to get to -3kg till 14th Feb and that would be... 62,5 or even 62kg!
    Oh that would be lovely...
    So:

START: 65,5kg
    GOAL: 62,5kg
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i'll do this!!! :smile: i'm aiming for 8 pounds lost by V-Day.
  • rachel122986
    Options
    I'm in! I will post my weight friday! Im wondering about the jillian michaels shred I have never done a dvd and am looking for input on them before I buy one. Thanks everyone!
  • Mommamacaw
    Options
    Sounds like a great start for me!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm also in several challenges, but the more the merrier! I AM going to lose 10 lbs by VDay! I weigh in on Mondays, so I will check in next week. Today I was 155.8. GW by VDay is 145.0.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I will post my weight friday! Im wondering about the jillian michaels shred I have never done a dvd and am looking for input on them before I buy one. Thanks everyone!

I like the shred as a morning workout because it's quick and the circuits of cardio, strength and abs keeps it mildly interesting for me. They can be as much of a challenge as you want them to be as well, i.e. using heavier weights for the strength, maxing yourself out on the cardio.
  • cataclysm
    Options
    Great to see so many new faces! Feel free to add me!
  • MIREBELLA
    Options
    I'm in :) Will post my weight friday!!!
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm kinda new to MFP (have been browsing the forums for a while, I must admit), and I'd love a challenge like this to get the new year started. And mid-February is a great goal; I'll have worked with my personal trainer for a year then. Getting the final shaping up done for that little anniversary will please both her and me.

I haven't weighed myself in a few months now - but I've been working out really well. I'm guessing I'm at 75 kg now, and my goal weight is somewhere around 70 kg. I'm building a lot of muscle, though, so I'm not really sure if weight is the right parameter to measure my progress by.

I'll have my trainer put me on the scales ASAP (hopefully this week, though I hate, hate, HATE it) and post my goal weight, body fat percentage and measurements then. But some tentative goals for the challenge:

* Eat btw 1300 and 1500 kcals a dau
    * 5 workouts a week - three cardio, one weights session and one session with my trainer
    * NO alcohol what so ever
    * Some kind of physical activity on my non-workout days
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I'm there too! Count me in.
    A short goal but a strong one.
    :love:
  • Stephanie191991
    Options
    Count me in
    I will post my start weight on Friday and I want to lose 10 pounds by V day
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    I'm in the more challenges, the harder I work. I want to hit my goal weight by Valentines Day somewhere between 130 and 135. My weigh in day is Sunday so I'll start with that weight which was 140.2. Let's do this gang!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I am fairly new and haven't joined a challenge yet, so this looks like a good one to start with. I will post my weight on Friday. How do I do this????
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Me too, me too! I'm new here and don't have any friends (on this site, not in real life) and I need some motivation to kick it into high gear! I'm aiming for 12-14 pounds by Valentine's day. So how does this work--do we just post our updated weight each week? I like to do my official weigh-in's on Fridays, but if there is another day we need to do it let me know.
  • cataclysm
    Options
    Hi all!

Thanks to the people who ahve taken me up on the challenge!

I was wondering if there were any volunteers that would like to compile a list of losses each week for the members of the challenge? I did this on the last challenge I set and it kept me motivated. However, I am a busy trainee social worker going into a period of placement and exams so have little time free! Any takers?!

Perhaps for those keen to improve fitness we could set weekly mini challenges e.g walking 2 miles/ jump rope for 10 mins a day ect? Any suggestions welcome!

I hope all is well with everybody? The christmas period is terrible for weight gain! I am a little afraid to hit the scales now! Its double the trouble for me though, because its my birthday tomorrow which I am sure will involve cake, and probably vodka. Oh dear! Lol....

Anyway, welcome once again!

Feel free to add me!
  • momtodeshawn
    momtodeshawn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this too :) I would like to lose around 10-12lbs by then. Oh...and this will be my first "challenge" too. I'm excited!
  • erikaj819
    Options
    I would love to do this!!! i currently WI on Tues but I can WI on 12/31. I can use all the motivation I can get!!! These last 2 weeks have been rough! 14 sounds like a good goal!
  • suelynn62
    suelynn62 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will weigh in on Friday.
  • raycan86
    Options
    Count me in too
    I will weigh in on Friday
  • benbidder
    Options
    I'm in too! :)