My Success story, and advice for weight loss

Options

Replies

• alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Good job! I have only lost a fraction of the weight you have lost but I am at a very healthy BMI and body fat. I continue to enjoy life and food. I eat sugar, chocolate, ice cream, processed foods as well as whole foods.

So thanks but no thanks.
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.
  • Bellavita2888
    Bellavita2888 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Right On Sister!! Who to trust, Mother Nature or food artificially created in a lab? No brainer, but we are lured away sometimes.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    another know-it-all that is NOT a doctor NOR a nutritionist...

...and screw this - JUNK FOOD IS AWESOME! Moderation 1. Op 0.
  • DonnaDTW
    DonnaDTW Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great advice, especially for those still trying to figure things out.
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good advice, for me eating unprocessed foods makes me feel great and losing weight is a bonus. Exercise is the frosting on my vegetables and protein. :)
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Alisha, thanks for posting your thoughts. I am a brand-new member and this is the first post I have read. This is most inspiring to me as I begin my lifelong journey. Kudos on your release of so much weight!
  • optimaltouch
    optimaltouch Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yup. I agree.
  • optimaltouch
    optimaltouch Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Exactly.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well done :) you seem to have a firm grasp on the concept of fitness, and I nearly completely agree!

Junk calories are empty calories. They provide no nutritional value and should be avoided. Although an indulgence every blue moon is perfectly fine. And not eating junk doesn't mean not eating (4example) pizza. Pizza can be healthy, if made right. There's almost always a healthy alternative to the junk we love.

That and diets don't exists in the way people use the term. A diet is simply what you eat, healthy or not. The trick to losing weight is to change your diet to a healthier one, that includes less calories than what you burn. No matter age nor height, eating 3,000 cal is a diet, eating 500 cal is a diet. What you eat, no matter what, is your diet. That's where the "lifestyle" word comes into play.

As far as the organic thing goes, it's opinion. I would rather eat organic. But I have no proof or argument against non-organic foods.
    ^^^^:happy: :drinker:

♥ Also OP.... awesome job and fantastic post... love hearing the truth!!! This works best for myself as well:flowerforyou:
    Hi OP - great post and well done! I am doing similar. I have cut out all junk and lost 17lb, but more importantly, my awful arthritis is all but gone, no heartburn, bouncing with energy now whereas before my husband had to help me up the stairs every night.
    What a great post.... really glad you shared, it gives me strength because I know exactly what you're saying... stopping the junk food drops the weight for me, reduces inflammation in my body (specifically for me knee joints were the worst!) and just gives me a general all around good feeling of wellness. Far more energy, clearer thinking....the list goes on.

I just can't tell you how exited I am for you to have so much less pain and far more freedom all because you've changed the types of foods you're eating. Or should I say you now 'eat food' rather than chemicals and processed junk.

I really don't know how ppl that share that they eat ice cream every night, a box of pop tarts for breakfast and McDonald's for dinner.... I'd be a heap on the floor with all the sodium and sugar.

My workouts go so much better when the food I pick is 'real food'.:flowerforyou:

Thank you! And yes - THE KNEES :) I agree with you entirely. Plse friend me
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a drug, and those who are addicted can't be trusted to give you healthful advice on how it really effects your body. 100 years ago the average person ate 5 lbs a year of sugar. Now we on average are eating 150 lbs of sugar a year. WOW! With the rise of processed foods, sugar, and food chemicals, came the rise of diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Coincidence? I think not!
  • lionlady01
    lionlady01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and you truly 100% correct. I am so on board now.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Fat does not make you fat! - Sugar does! 

This made me laugh so hard I almost shot powdered donut out of my nose. Do you even science, OP?

Calorie surplus makes you fat. I'm all for getting a balanced diet and I know this might shock you but...you can still be healthy and consume fast food, ice cream, pizza! /mindblown
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    j4nash wrote: »
    Let's see.. she lost 144 pounds, so it obviously worked for her, just like it can work for others. There isn't just one way to do this.. do what works for you.

Good job OP and congrats on your loss!

There isn't one way to lose weight.
  • applejax86
    applejax86 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If it didn't exist 100 years ago it should be avoided on a daily basis. Organic is best but not always "doable" for everybody. You can indeed lose weight and yes even fat by only restricting calories however this does not necessarily make you "healthy". You're body is like a machine you can fuel it with nutritious foods or you can fill it with junk, the difference in results may not be visible ones but there will be a difference. Congrats OP. :)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    applejax86 wrote: »
    If it didn't exist 100 years ago it should be avoided on a daily basis. Organic is best but not always "doable" for everybody. You can indeed lose weight and yes even fat by only restricting calories however this does not necessarily make you "healthy". You're body is like a machine you can fuel it with nutritious foods or you can fill it with junk, the difference in results may not be visible ones but there will be a difference. Congrats OP. :)

Wasn't our life span shorter 100 years ago?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    jkramsey42 wrote: »
    Science says organic food has no additional nutritive benefits.

http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1355685
    I hate to admit this, but I was on this train for a season. All it did was lighten my wallet. And one of my local "organic" suppliers got busted buying produce from a Walmart and repackaging the stuff...lol
    Live and learn...
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    WELL DONE!
    My journey is a bit different, but no biggie! YOU DID IT!
    :)
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Moderation works wonderfully for me. I'm not a junk food junkie, but I'll eat what I damn well please because that's what works for ME. Being over-controlling and restrictive has never worked for me in any area of my life, especially my diet. We are all different and different things work for each of us. It's important that people on here know this and don't buy into a "one diet fits all" mentality because that can be toxic also.

Congrats on your success, just don't be so agro about it. You have to be aware that everything you said is opinion and should be stated as such.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!