dumb questions people that don't workout ask you

Options

Replies

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    .....So bench press must be bad for my boobs?

FYI,
    In case anyone wants to know....
    I will be working my boobs in about an hour.....just sayin

Just like people some lifters have Leg Day, I'm going to have Boob Day.

If you need help with those..... :wink:

Like a boob spotter? :laugh:
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    "You're gonna workout... again?! You already worked out yesterday." :noway:

:indifferent: Uh, yes I am. Duh. LOL!
    And... I'm gonna workout again manana. :bigsmile:
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    "Why do you take time away from your children to go to the gym? i could never abandon my babies like you do."...MIL...This one never fails to piss me the heck off...and i get this one often.

this - this would totally tick me off- does she ask your hubby /baby father the same thing? ARGH
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    .....So bench press must be bad for my boobs?

FYI,
    In case anyone wants to know....
    I will be working my boobs in about an hour.....just sayin

Just like people some lifters have Leg Day, I'm going to have Boob Day.

If you need help with those..... :wink:

Like a boob spotter? :laugh:

Well yeah that or.....I don't know, the Janet Jackson hand bra???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    they look to be just as good as a push up bra
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    "Are you going to come to my IT Works! wrap party?"

"No. You have been selling those things for 6 months now and you're exactly the same size. And stop linking that crap to my Facebook wall!"
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    "Why do you take time away from your children to go to the gym? i could never abandon my babies like you do."...MIL...This one never fails to piss me the heck off...and i get this one often.

the only acceptable answer to this is *throatpunch*
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    "Are you going to come to my IT Works! wrap party?"

"No. You have been selling those things for 6 months now and you're exactly the same size. And stop linking that crap to my Facebook wall!"

Ahh, that reminds me of all the requests I got from friends trying to get me on Advocare supplements and the 24-day challenge. Is it 24 day or 21 day challenge? I don't know. Who the f cares.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options

you always could respond with "Because taking them to the gym with me is frowned upon"...LOL

Our gym does not have a place for kids to play and their rules state that they cannot use the machines under 12 years old.. soo....

Not to mention, I get a better work out in without my daughter there aggravating me because she is bored..
  • matt_evans
    matt_evans Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get "you don't want to lose too much weight, it wouldn't suit you" ????
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options

For the record...my children are 15 & 11...so it's not like I'm leaving helpless little darlings!
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Embarrassingly enough....I got asked by my husband.... "Aren't all the squats going to tone your butt and make it disappear? I love your butt".....it took explaining it multiple times for him to understand to keep a butt and have a nicer one, squats were a good thing. I actually turned to MFP and showed him women who lift threads and some of the great booties. I also showed him Sarah2uk's story. On her profile page MFP had the ads next to her profile picture. He told me to quit buying into things because she obviously was selling something, then clicking on her pics...she has one of a freezer full of ice cream.... he saw that and said....see, she is selling stuff....me: what Ben & Jerry's?

Luckily for him and my sanity he now understands and has stopped with the stupid comments. The worst is no matter how mad it made me, overall he was trying to be supportive and is now very supportive.

At the gym, from people that are there a lot but haven't made progress, I get the "what's your secret" and my pet peeve is the guys who don't know me coming up and as they try to grab the 45lb plates from me state " you weren't going to use these, right?" ..every time I wonder if I will ever be strong enough to throw a plate like a frisbe...but instead I just glare and say "uhm, I need those"

Also Sarah if I got the user name wrong, sorry I always forget the ending and am on my phone. :flowerforyou:

Edited for wording
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to tell you all how amazing you are and how much I enjoyed this thread!! Sitting in the office it literally made me LOL!
  • tez4prez
    tez4prez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    " You lift weights?? You're going to look like a man!"
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    OH GOD!!!!
    Can you tear a d i c k doing DLs?????
    Srs???
    LMFAO!!!
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    "you keep doing those, and your but is going to dissapear"
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    This is not a question, but my mother constantly stresses out about me lifting weights, on account of the fact that it will "make my uterus fall out".

This literally made me laugh out loud. That is hilarious!
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    "You run? Don't you get black eyes from those things" as they point to my chest -.-
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    "How much protein do you eat??"

All of them...
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    "How do you keep track of your calories? It's too hard/time-consuming/ boring"

When they see me working out: "Why do you do that to yourself voluntarily? You're all sweaty and your face is red."
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

This is not a question, but my mother constantly stresses out about me lifting weights, on account of the fact that it will "make my uterus fall out".

Haha, I haven't heard that one before.