dumb questions people that don't workout ask you

Options

Replies

• HamptonPhoenix
    HamptonPhoenix Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    "So... what don't you eat? I mean, there are certain foods you can't eat if you're losing weight."

O.o

I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't have a list :P
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    How can you jump rope that fast and still be fat?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Not a gym related question, but I rode my bicycle into work today. It was 10C outside when I did it. Every co-worker walked past me, say my helmet, and asked "you rode in today?" as if anyone who had attempted to do so would die from the cold. -.-'
  • _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    "For those who read this and get riled up, it's sarcasm."

<snort>
  • kenc1971
    kenc1971 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    "That looks boring." No, that looks like 500 calories with 70g of protein.

"You eat the same thing for lunch every day, that's ridiculous. There's no way I can do that" - says the person who gets the same muffin and giant Starbucks frappucino every single day for breakfast.

"I get my exercise by walking at lunchtime" - and stopping at Starbucks for a refill of the aforementioned giant frappucino monstrosity.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    howd you lose weight?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    My favorite.. "How do you run?!"

My answer.. "Well, i put one foot in front of the other, kind of like walkng..but a lot faster"

As someone who has tried to run and ends up on her front lawn gasping for breath ... I ask my runner friends how they got started without dying. It still eludes me, so I just shuffle along at a 15 minute mile with burning lungs. :ohwell:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    "How did you do it?!" Which wouldn't bother me so much if their eyes didn't immediately glaze over when I tell them I count calories and exercise.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options

OK, I know this is a rude thing for someone to say to you, but I have to admit it really struck me as funny. Keep up the jumping!! :flowerforyou:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

OK, I know this is a rude thing for someone to say to you, but I have to admit it really struck me as funny. Keep up the jumping!! :flowerforyou:

He through one of those "I don't mean to offend you then quote above". I told him my diet is trash. We had a good laugh together. It the truth though. If there was a way to outrun a poor diet I would of done it years ago.
  • MasterBroshi
    MasterBroshi Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    "Why are you watching what you eat? You're already thin."

*facepalms*
  • dinadeee
    dinadeee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    you don't need to count calorie's or lose weight you're so skinny.
  • linsdog
    linsdog Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Not really questions, but:

"It's too hot to be walking outside right now." (Yes, it's in the 90s over here. So what.)

In a few months it'll be,

"It's too cold to be walking outside right now."

Same as mine only its 105 average every day and I am riding....

"How do you stand the heat"
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    "How long are you going to be on your diet?" This drives me crazy! I am not on a diet, I have simply chosen not to stuff my face with processed food all day every day. -_____- It's not revolutionary.

"You are spending too much time working out" I LOVE that one.
  • acnoyes
    acnoyes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Not a question, but a statement I've heard a number of times -

"I don't follow a plan, I just do what feels right..." (And they look like it!)

THAT must be the secret to mediocrity, or maybe it's just the unfocused wandering in the gym consulting the "smart" phone for guidance in life...(hence including them in the category of "people that don't workout")...

Don't get me wrong, kudos for even making it to the gym...but then DO something!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

He through one of those "I don't mean to offend you then quote above". I told him my diet is trash. We had a good laugh together. It the truth though. If there was a way to outrun a poor diet I would of done it years ago.

I think it's easier for guys to talk like this to each other. We would never say that to a woman. lol
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    "You have a big chest.... you must drink protein shakes?"
    yep... i just drink protein shakes. It has nothing to do with the fact i bench heavy singles every week or do dips until i'm blue in the face...
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    "Why are you watching what you eat? You're already thin."

*facepalms*

OMeffingG, I get this one ALL. THE. TIME.

Also, after I lost about 100lbs, I've decided to re-focus my goals from weight loss to muscle building and I still get "how much more weight you gonna lose?" Grrrrr!!
  • rachaelmariegee
    Options
    I don't what is wrong with "where do you find the time?" Because I CANT!
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    "Are you going to come to my IT Works! wrap party?"

"No. You have been selling those things for 6 months now and you're exactly the same size. And stop linking that crap to my Facebook wall!"

Ahh, that reminds me of all the requests I got from friends trying to get me on Advocare supplements and the 24-day challenge. Is it 24 day or 21 day challenge? I don't know. Who the f cares.

Ugh can't stand all these. I have multiple people on my friends list trying to sell these.