dumb questions people that don't workout ask you

Options

Replies

• kileyloveall
    Options
    confused because i am watching my calories and working out -- "but you're not fat"

proactive maybe??
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    When my extended family sees me eating carbs or junk or pasta or pretty much any delicious food "oh, you must be taking a break from your diet right now?"

No. This is my diet.

i get that a lot too.

"no, i can eat this giant hamburger with all the fixings because i was out and back home from a 36 mile bike ride before you had your first cup of coffee."
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    this came from a 'trainer' at a gym I never went back to again:

'do you know that you are arching your back when you bench press?' me: :huh:

'How can you eat all of that and look like you do?' me: be a giant and lots of work

and a lovely statement:

'you are as strong as a man but still look fit' me: :noway: uuuummm I don't see why one doesn't come with the other
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My favorite.. "How do you run?!"

My answer.. "Well, i put one foot in front of the other, kind of like walkng..but a lot faster"

Hey, running ain't easy. Before I learned how I genuinely asked that question!

I haven't really been asked any dumb questions other than the general "How do you find the time."

Time machine - i totally have a time machine.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    "What are you doing?" my response is calorie counting and exercise. "Oh, I don't want to do that" b
  • hip_hop_honey91
    Options
    'Waarom heb je een 6 pack als je een meisje bent?'

:yawn:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Q: "Have you lost more weight?"
    A: "No, technically, I'm the same weight...just 4 sizes smaller."

Q: "How did you lose weight?"
    A: "Again, technically, I'm the same weight. I'm 4 sizes smaller, b/c I lift heavy."
  • juhnell2610
    juhnell2610 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    When my extended family sees me eating carbs or junk or pasta or pretty much any delicious food "oh, you must be taking a break from your diet right now?"

No. This is my diet.

Whenever Im eating anything junky or sweet "You're cheating on your diet"..I DONT DIET -_-
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Neighbor: "You didn't run that entire time, did you?"
    Me: "Oh yes. I'm training for a 5K."
    Neighbor: :smokin:
  • juhnell2610
    Options
    My favorite.. "How do you run?!"

My answer.. "Well, i put one foot in front of the other, kind of like walkng..but a lot faster"

i love you
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options

'do you know that you are arching your back when you bench press?' me: :huh:

Err, I meant to do that? Silly trainer.
  • ilenewilliams
    ilenewilliams Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just last week a co worker asked me about my lifting. I told her how much I could deadlift and she told me that I needed to be careful because I could twist my overies?????

She was dumfounded when I told her I was done with them anyway! LOLOLOLOL
  • juhnell2610
    Options
    "How do you find the time?" ALWAYS! The answer is I enjoy it, I MAKE time for it.
    "How do you have the will power?"
    "Are you calorie counting? That's not healthy...." This irks me to no end, yes I do. Trust me I eat quite a bit considering so feck off.
    Not quite a question but "You are going to get an eating disorder and be super skinny like those anorexic women!" Yes, I will get smaller but no I won;t look like anorexic women because I want muscle.....

The eating disorder comment is highly ignorant to make in the first place because an eating disorder is majorly psychological.
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    "As long as you work out, you don't need to worry about what you eat right?"
  • HamptonPhoenix
    HamptonPhoenix Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just last week a co worker asked me about my lifting. I told her how much I could deadlift and she told me that I needed to be careful because I could twist my overies?????

Twisting an ovary?!
    20uy929.jpg
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's more of a comment than a question, but people often comment on my arms then say something to the effect of "it's from carrying those big babies of yours. Mom muscles!" no, dumbass. If that was how I achieved these arms, then why don't your arms look better? you have kids too....
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options

Twisting an ovary?!
    20uy929.jpg

bahahhahahahahahahah
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Is it safe to be lifting that much weight, at your age? Says the 20 something that can't leg press 450 lbs, but thinks he can ...You know them, those awesome 4" speed reps ...LOL....

As I'm pushing 1000 lbs ....

WTF ... I'm only 47 yrs old .....
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Twisting an ovary?!
    20uy929.jpg

Seriously, where do people come up with this stuff?!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    "How can you stand to eat healthy like you always seem to do?"

"Aren't you afraid of getting bulky?"

"Let me get a cart guy to get that 5 gallon bottle of water for you."
    That's ok, I can get it.
    "Are you sure? It's really heavy."

"What's your secret?"

"How can you workout like you do? I can only manage to stick with it for a day if I'm lucky."