Sugar is the CULPRIT!

Options

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    If people on here making such light of sugar addiction would of tried eat only what grows on trees diet they would of never been grossly overweight.

People responding to you probably have a better idea of how they became overweight (if they ever where) than you do.

Unless you ate from the tree of knowledge and now know everything.

Though, that would be an approved food on the 'grows on trees' diet!
    But not God-approved. And she said God only wants us to eat what grows on trees. Or that God wants us to eat everything that grows on trees? I'm confused.

I also want to hear more about how we shouldn't eat sugar, but it's OK to eat anything that grows on trees and where are these magical trees with sugarless fruit?

I don't know about you, but I have a money tree and a cheeseburger tree in my back yard.

Say you have a bacon tree and I'mma play backyard invader.

I do. Jesus loves me.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    If God wanted you to eat candy bars he would of made them grow on trees.

So if your diary were open we would only see things that grow on trees, correct?

Just back out quietly and don't make eye contact, you just may survive the afternoon.
  • emsainz23
    Options
    OMG! LOL you people eat your sugar if you want it is a free country! I am not sugar police. You would think I smacked the candy bar right out of some of your hands.

People are getting on your case because you're spreading misinformation. Sugar is only "DANGEROUS" if you have diabetes, and even then only if you take in too much. Sugar is in most things, and in many things that are a very nutritious and important part of a well-balanced diet. To tell people they should stay away from it or that it is super duper dangerous and causes cancer, is a) false and b) beyond extreme.

Also, to assume everyone who is / was overweight got that way purely because they ate a lot of sugar makes you appear to be an ignorant, rude individual. You are not a doctor, obviously, nor are you a scientist or a biologist, or else I'd assume you would / could back up your claims with some solid evidence. You're going off one book, and it's a bad book.

Sugar(high GI) foods are the culprit of obesity.

Why don't you explain to us how most people became over weight?

By consuming more food than they needed to and not using the excess energy - which was then stored in fat cells and caused them to balloon up to an uncomfortable and / or unhealthy weight. People can also lose weight by NOT cutting out sugar from their diets, any many do. Imagine that.

That doesn’t explain anything. For example the law energy balance in terms of weight gain/loss states. You get fat by eating more calories than you consume. That just states the obvious. Explains absolutely nothing. If I said to you, “It’s hot outside because it’s not cold” is a pretty idiotic statement. That’s how idiotic the statement of, “you get fat because you consume more calories than you burn” There is nothing that states the “CAUSE” of why people over eat, why people are obese. So try again.

BTW: There are certain types of cancers that feed on glucose. If you provide an environment for certain life forms to exist, it's very possible they will gravity towards that environment.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Is there sugar in that tree? :laugh:

SUGAR IS THE DEVIL

According to the bible so is knowledge, so if Sugar = Devil then Sugar = Knowledge. Eat the damned Snickers, people, and get all smart and ****

Do you ever wear a shirt?

No. I don't have a head or legs either. I'm a chatty torso

So are you like Krang with a brain in your belly?
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you, but I have a money tree and a cheeseburger tree in my back yard.

If you had a cheeseburger tree in your back yard, you wouldn't need a money tree :wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If people on here making such light of sugar addiction would of tried eat only what grows on trees diet they would of never been grossly overweight.

People responding to you probably have a better idea of how they became overweight (if they ever where) than you do.

Though, that would be an approved food on the 'grows on trees' diet!
    But not God-approved. And she said God only wants us to eat what grows on trees. Or that God wants us to eat everything that grows on trees? I'm confused.

I also want to hear more about how we shouldn't eat sugar, but it's OK to eat anything that grows on trees and where are these magical trees with sugarless fruit?

Well, don't eat the money!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options

If you had a cheeseburger tree in your back yard, you wouldn't need a money tree :wink:

I need the money to buy my sugary snacks :wink:
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options

Damn shame about your hands too.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    That is what I am going to do. Go buy a snickers, then go to the gym for 2 hours and lift weights to burn it off. Thanks, glad I posted today.

Punch out Maverick...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OMG! LOL you people eat your sugar if you want it is a free country! I am not sugar police. You would think I smacked the candy bar right out of some of your hands.

People are getting on your case because you're spreading misinformation. Sugar is only "DANGEROUS" if you have diabetes, and even then only if you take in too much. Sugar is in most things, and in many things that are a very nutritious and important part of a well-balanced diet. To tell people they should stay away from it or that it is super duper dangerous and causes cancer, is a) false and b) beyond extreme.

Also, to assume everyone who is / was overweight got that way purely because they ate a lot of sugar makes you appear to be an ignorant, rude individual. You are not a doctor, obviously, nor are you a scientist or a biologist, or else I'd assume you would / could back up your claims with some solid evidence. You're going off one book, and it's a bad book.

By consuming more food than they needed to and not using the excess energy - which was then stored in fat cells and caused them to balloon up to an uncomfortable and / or unhealthy weight. People can also lose weight by NOT cutting out sugar from their diets, any many do. Imagine that.

That doesn’t explain anything. For example the law energy balance in terms of weight gain/loss states. You get fat by eating more calories than you consume. That just states the obvious. Explains absolutely nothing. If I said to you, “It’s hot outside because it’s not cold” is a pretty idiotic statement. That’s how idiotic the statement of, “you get fat because you consume more calories than you burn” There is nothing that states the “CAUSE” of why people over eat, why people are obese. So try again.

BTW: There are certain types of cancers that feed on glucose. If you provide an environment for certain life forms to exist, it's very possible they will gravity towards that environment.
    Shirley, you can't be Sirius.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

SUGAR IS THE DEVIL

According to the bible so is knowledge, so if Sugar = Devil then Sugar = Knowledge. Eat the damned Snickers, people, and get all smart and ****

So are you like Krang with a brain in your belly?

And a super villain
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

What causes people to overeat? Really? They choose to. I didn't think I had to spell that one out for you or anyone else.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Jebus effin Christ I am getting tired of seeing this topic.

Listen, toots, ALL carbs are converted into sugar (glucose) and stored as glycogen via the glycogenesis cycle or lipids via the lipogenesis cycle. This is the way that the body stores energy. So yes, the human body IS made to deal with these amounts of sugar.

The only real issues that can arise is when sugar consumption leads to an energy surplus,and thus fat storage, or if sugar consumption takes such a precedence that other important macronutrients and micronutrients are ignored.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

Listen, toots, ALL carbs are converted into sugar (glucose) and stored as glycogen via the glycogenesis cycle or lipids via the lipogenesis cycle. This is the way that the body stores energy. So yes, the human body IS made to deal with these amounts of sugar.

The only real issues that can arise is when sugar consumption leads to an energy surplus,and thus fat storage, or if sugar consumption takes such a precedence that other important macronutrients and micronutrients are ignored.

+1
  • emsainz23
    Options

What causes people to overeat? Really? They choose to. I didn't think I had to spell that one out for you or anyone else.

That's also incorrect. Everyone who over eats doesn't get fat. For example children who over eat grow, people who lift weights and over eat grow muscles.

Over eating isn't the problem.

You state it's a choice, so I guess you never binged in your life.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Not mad. We are all entitled to believes and opinions. People can take what they want to not from information posted. It is a free world.

With that being said I do not believe all carbs are bad, do not believe all fat is bad, we actually need fat to live. I DO believe sugar has no nutritional value and people are addicted to it.

No. You are not entitled to your opinion.

http://theconversation.com/no-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion-9978

WOW. That link was one of the most reasonable and thought-provoking things I've ever read on the MFP forums. It perfectly explained an argument that I have been trying to articulate with so many for so long. At the very least, this train wreck of a thread has given us ONE valuable nugget of food for thought! Sadly, those who need this advice most will likely not read the article, or give it an ounce of their respect. :grumble:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Do you even gluconeogenesis?
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

That's also incorrect. Everyone who over eats doesn't get fat. For example children who over eat grow, people who lift weights and over eat grow muscles.

Over eating isn't the problem.

You state it's a choice, so I guess you never binged in your life.

So what IS the problem, (in your mind)?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

How's your sword, BB?

Also, this should be copied and pasted by everyone.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

SUGAR IS THE DEVIL

He should never put a shirt on. /nod

QFT