Is it rude to snub someone?

Options

Replies

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Def rude. No harm in just saying hi and moving on. Takes what 2 seconds out of your day?
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mj3yeiEF931qz4rgp.gif
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    snub = rude

rub = yes, please
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    What is the purpose of snubbing if not to be intentionally rude to someone?

That's the point,i am trying to be hurtful towards her to show that I don't care about her

You don't show someone that you "don't care" by being "hurtful." You show you don't care by not caring. Intentionally making someone feel badly to perk yourself up makes you a bad person.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

That's the point,i am trying to be hurtful towards her to show that I don't care about her

People who don't care don't have to be hurtful to prove anything.

They're busy not caring.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Really??? :noway: :yawn:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So lets say someone who you were cool with said something that hurt your feelings and offended you. You let them know and they apologize but you don't feel like their apology was sincere. Then you start resent the person and lost interest in talking to them. You where not really close friends but more like acquaintances and whenever you see each other ,you say hi to each other

So my question is, would that be rude to completely ignore this person and walk past them when they say hi to you next time you run into them?
    Are you 12 years old?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    yes, duh. I'm guessing you were born in the 90's and grew up on the internet? serriously, how is that a question?
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

So you want to be rude and you're just double checking with us if this is rude?

What are you really asking???
    giphy.gif
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    You can acknowledge someone - that's just being civil. But you don't have to be friends.

Believe me, I've cut plenty of people out of my life who deserved it. But if I have to work with them, it's just better to be civil.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options

People who don't care don't have to be hurtful to prove anything.

They're busy not caring.

sounds like a break up lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You weren't even friends- you have already invested WAY to much time into this.

Just keep nodding and saying hi.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's rude. You don't have to pretend to be best friends with the person, but at least be civil.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Listen, OP: You've had a conversation where you expressed that you disagreed with her behaviour. She/he apologized. Sincere or not, it's time to move on.

She/he isn't your friend anymore, that's fine. But to be intentionally rude or try to hurt someone's feelings sits right on the border line of bullying/revenge depending on if you happen to be over the age of 12 or not.

Instead of letting it get to you every time you see them, realize that you have an entire life filled with things that don't involve that person and that being polite and saying "hi" when it's extended to you is just part of being a social, human being.

Dear god, I Can't wait until you end up having to work with someone and don't get along with them or something -- it's really just a fact of life.

Don't be rude. Use your manners. Be a grown up.
    /end thread.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    ignore them pretend they are shrubbery
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a page out of my middle school diary..
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I am SO in. *LOL*

"I want to be rude to show her I don't care, but need random stranger's input first."

WAAAAY too much energy is being put into this. If you care that much, you should just tell her, "Listen, I know you apologized, but I still think you're a ***** and really wish nothing to do with you."

There. Done. Move on.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mxh4i2zyUn1qdsm1jo1_500.gif
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yes it's rude. There is a couple in my town who go out of their way to offend me, but I refuse to lower myself to their level
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    ignore them pretend they are shrubbery

tumblr_measrcz9Z31ruloaco1_250.gif