Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Am I back in junior high?
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i would say ignoring anyone is rude, i never turn my nose up or ignore anyone, if they say hi say hi back and walk on by. be the bigger person

What he said^ I recently went through the OP 's scenario but I continue to acknowlege the individual even though I would like to throat punch them.
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    i would say ignoring anyone is rude, i never turn my nose up or ignore anyone, if they say hi say hi back and walk on by. be the bigger person

What he said^ I recently went through the OP 's scenario but I continue to acknowlege the individual even though I would like to throat punch them.

screw that, i cant even look at this person and I will not force myself to talk to her .I have had someone stopped talking to me at work for no reason before so I don't see why its a big deal
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I think as well as walking by her and saying nothing you should add in a strategically timed hair flip:

anigif_enhanced-27655-1406811971-11.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

screw that, i cant even look at this person and I will not force myself to talk to her .I have had someone stopped talking to me at work for no reason before so I don't see why its a big deal

Obviously you DO see that it's a big deal.

You, honey, are the epitome of passive aggressive. And I'll let you in a little secret. No one, and I mean no one, likes a passive aggressive person.

Youre-Only-Making-Yourself-Look-Desperate-GIF.gif
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    If you're an adult, it's rude. If you're a kid, it's childish. If you're a teenager, it's still rude. There's enough rudeness in this world, why not try to reverse that?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    yes it would be rude to snub them. just do the nod and move on
    sounds though really you need to have a talk with this person to discuss your feelings, you seem really upset about what happened and their apology. i bet you they are oblivious to your feelings.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Okay so if you're going to just do whatever you want, then why did you ask?
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine the amount of relief this person would feel knowing that they no longer have to pretend to even care enough to say "Hi" in passing. I say you send them a memo absolving them of this level of acquaintance-responsibility. That will really stick it to them.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    What is the purpose of snubbing if not to be intentionally rude to someone?

That's the point,i am trying to be hurtful towards her to show that I don't care about her

Rude and childish.
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options

That's the point,i am trying to be hurtful towards her to show that I don't care about her

Rude and childish.

Right. Grow up.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    ignore them pretend they are shrubbery

tumblr_measrcz9Z31ruloaco1_250.gif

This makes this thread totally worth it.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

You aren't really talking to her. You are acknowledging her "hi", the same way you might to a complete stranger on a walking trail. It's called being polite and being a grown up. Intentionally snubbing someone and being hurtful is childish. Grow up.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yes it's rude, but wouldn't that kinda be the point? If you care at all about manners, why would you "snub" anyone?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Obviously you DO see that it's a big deal.

You, honey, are the epitome of passive aggressive. And I'll let you in a little secret. No one, and I mean no one, likes a passive aggressive person.

Youre-Only-Making-Yourself-Look-Desperate-GIF.gif

Watch out Odus, otherwise she'll put you on ignore. Then spend her next 5 posts talking about how funny it is someone who is on ignore is being ignored, even though, technically, you aren't ignoring them if you keep responding them even if not directly.

#passiveAggressiveTactics
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    *checks profile*

Ok. OP is 20 years old so yeah. Stands to reason why they would want to act in such a childish way.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    1.rebuff, ignore, or spurn disdainfully.

noun
    an act of showing disdain or a lack of cordiality by rebuffing or ignoring someone or something.

so....of course it is. was that a legit question?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    *checks profile*

Ok. OP is 20 years old so yeah. Stands to reason why they would want to act in such a childish way.

Was wondering how anyone got to be a "grown up" without knowing how to act like one. It all makes sense.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options

but clearly you do. if you truly didn't care this thread would never have happened.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    They offended you and apologized. The apology wasn't good enough for you and now you want to snub them to hurt them. I'd say go ahead and snub them - they are better off without you.