50 lbs by June 1st Challenge Part 3

Options

Replies

• Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So I haven't been doing that great. I have slacked off on my workouts for the past 2 weeks and my food choices could be better. I have done just enough not to gain any weight which I guess is good but I know I could do better. This weekend isn't going to be much better since I will be working but I hope I will still manage to at least do some walking. Oh well..............
  • MartyDiller
    MartyDiller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Came home from work early today very sick!! I'm feeling better now but I think I will save my pushups for tomorrow (i'll do double) I'm just resting and taking it easy tonight! Figured out my scales was acting up so i should have a great weigh in on monday! :) Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Djeterfn
    Options
    I started my diet January 10th at 240 lbs and today i weighed in at 217! My goal was to loose 50 lbs by April 17th. If you have any good exercises to do from home please let me know
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    272 today! That is 40lbs down
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    siince I have been doing mfp and i have lost 42 pounds and I tried on some old jeans and I am done 4 sizes.. very happy
    Linda
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I am totally plateaued and getting very frustrated. It's been several weeks since I've seen a solid drop in weight. I go down a pound but then the next day and right back up where I was plus another pound. This will be the third week in a row where I have a zero weight loss.

I started losing weight in mid-October. I'm almost 70 years old but am pretty active. I get a minimum of 30 minutes a day of exercise outside of what I do normally. It consists of two forms - walking (1.5 to 2.5 miles a day) and cycling on a stationary bike (20-30 minutes). I can't really jog or run as my knees simply won't allow it.

I'm eating 1200 calories or less a day of low fat, low sugar, high fiber foods and try to keep my sodium under 1500 mg. I'm at 171 pounds and stuck. I'd like to get to the low 140s by June 1st but something big is going to have to happen if I'm going to get there.

I'm looking for suggestions, hints, exercises I can do, etc. Help, help, help.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi everyone: I have a 1 lb. loss this week. Quite pleased with that. Slow and steady is okay with me :smile:

It's a new day. Everyone got some great plans for this week? I've had a good weekend. Had a date night with my hubby on Saturday, had a nice little visit with my sister and her family yesterday, and finally went to the doctor about my sinus problems. Nothing like a couple of embarrassing nose bleeds to make you take action. I'm on a strong antibiotic now which I take once a day for 15 days. Hoping that will work so I can get back to the gym. My week of eating and such really wasn't as controlled as it should have been but I did make a point of doing at least 20 minutes of some kind of exercise every day (which really was strenuous with the sinus thing going on) and it seems to have helped. Stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down a bit.

Well I'm off to get things tidied up here, I've got a guy coming over to install some contraption so I will now have high speed wireless internet ... unlimited ... woo hoo!! I'll pop back on later.

26933.gif
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    2 lb gain... :-( no real reason why... 233.8 now
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    173.2 today making it a 0.8 loss. I hope everyone has a great Monday.
  • aprildauer
    Options
    2 lb loss. Now at 192.7. I knew I could lose that weight I gained. Just got to keep digging to lose some more.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Boy did I have a crazy week. I bought a new scale after my weigh in on Monday which basically told me my old scale was off and I was actually 180lbs instead of the 177 I though Iwas.......then I got sick so I havent excercised all week...now I'm down to 177lbs by the new scale this time...

Its good to see the numbers go down but not becuase of sickness...hope 'm not losing valuable muscle mas....hopefully I'll start to feel better soon...
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    272 today! That is 40lbs down

Congrats...That is great!
  • mydoc3
    Options
    siince I have been doing mfp and i have lost 42 pounds and I tried on some old jeans and I am done 4 sizes.. very happy
    Linda

Congrats on your loss! Isn't MFP great? I know that it has been a HUGE help to me.
    Barb
  • mydoc3
    Options
    I am totally plateaued and getting very frustrated. It's been several weeks since I've seen a solid drop in weight. I go down a pound but then the next day and right back up where I was plus another pound. This will be the third week in a row where I have a zero weight loss.

I started losing weight in mid-October. I'm almost 70 years old but am pretty active. I get a minimum of 30 minutes a day of exercise outside of what I do normally. It consists of two forms - walking (1.5 to 2.5 miles a day) and cycling on a stationary bike (20-30 minutes). I can't really jog or run as my knees simply won't allow it.

I'm eating 1200 calories or less a day of low fat, low sugar, high fiber foods and try to keep my sodium under 1500 mg. I'm at 171 pounds and stuck. I'd like to get to the low 140s by June 1st but something big is going to have to happen if I'm going to get there.

I'm looking for suggestions, hints, exercises I can do, etc. Help, help, help.

Have you tried some form of strength training? Even push ups and lunges and some squats may help you bump up your weight loss.
  • mydoc3
    Options
    This is a better week for me. I had a 1.4 weight loss. I really want to have a bigger loss but I will take that especially since I was doing alot more strength training.
    Have a great day everybody!!

Barb
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    This is a better week for me. I had a 1.4 weight loss. I really want to have a bigger loss but I will take that especially since I was doing alot more strength training.
    Have a great day everybody!!

Barb

Awesome job Barb! So proud of you!!!
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Lost 2.2lbs :)

CW: 327.4
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Linda

Wonderful to hear Linda! Congrats on the victory.
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Lost 1lb down to 202
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 197.6 lbs for my weigh in! YAY!