What are you PROUD of that you did this week?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for staying on track and not being upset that I didn't really lose weight this month like I normally do. I'm within a pound of where I was a month ago. That would have freaked me out super badly in the past but now I just feel like, yep this is good, my clothes fit well and I feel good and I'm okay with it...I know I have had a little more alcohol over the past month (some months I don't drink AT ALL) and in the past week I've gone to a lot of meals with friends and it's just okay...I will STAY on track, rather than being like "oh no it's the beginning of the end and I'm going to gain back the entire 134 lb I have lost over the past several years". It's all good and I feel like for me this is a step toward successful maintenance in the future (as I'm close to goal now).
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    A 2 mile walk up hill and back
  • vegasgyrl79971
    Options
    I lost another 2lb so now only 2lb from my goal. It also makes me the lowest weight I have been since pre children.

I have turned a mental mile stone. If I weigh myself and have put on, it doesn't matter, it's water weight. I haven't over eaten and therefore it definitely is not fat, so why stress.

^^ This!!! I just started last Saturday, weird day I know lol!! Anywho. I can feel Ive lost and I didnt have scale to determine if my feelings were right or not. SOOOOO this morning, I laid in bed and wrestled with myself whether or not to go and purchase a scale. See for me the scale has been my undoing as well as a since of accomplishment. When I don't see a loss or even a gain when I KNOW Ive done well, I may go two or three more days but inside its eating at me and I fall off the rails. So I didnt know if I wanted that element in my life this time. For me my weight loss is simply to get back in my clothes. I have a closet full of clothes that I cant fit lol, shallow I know. So anyway, fast forward, I got the scale, saw that I lost weight, more than I thought. I put the scale away and resolved within myself that it was just a measuring tool nothing more nothing less. I will not allow it to dictate to me whether or not I am doing well.
  • jamoore94
    jamoore94 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5K this weekend, I hate running but I wanted to challenge myself and it was an amazing feeling that I can't wait to do again.
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Two pretty big ones:

1. I'm proud that I went for the grilled chicken sandwich at Chick-Fil-A instead of the fried chicken yesterday.
    2. I'm proud that I have made it through a week of practices for my school's swim club, and that even though it has been hard, I don't want to give up.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I strength trained twice this week, ran twice, and rode my bike five times. Working out always makes me feel good about myself.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I started going to the gym on my lunchbreaks. Its only an hour break, so I've been doing some cardio for about 35 minutes.
    I also started running again on my treadmill, and committed to running a 10 mile road race next spring and im totally pumped to train for it
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My 18th anniversary was Thursday (9-11).. I bought a new wedding band today since I haven't had one in several years.. it is a size 7! I started in a size 10 ring..

I also ran my fastest mile today (12:48)
    My first mile I ran was a 19:10 just a few weeks ago!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I am proud that I am really making some conscious food choices, and distinguishing between " Want and Need" in food choices. I may want an ice cream cone, but I don't need one. I want to lose weight, more than I want an ice cream cone.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Went for a walk when I had a break between work instead of getting food like I usually do.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I ran a 9:40 mile today. I was really proud of myself, as it was the first time I ran a mile under ten minutes. I started out the summer running 12-13 minute miles on average and I'd never ran a mile under ten minutes in my entire life.

And I'm just proud in general of the fact that I went from not being able to complete a mile without walking half of it to running 2 or 3 without stopping. It just feels really good to know that my efforts have been paying off.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I ran 33 miles this week! Holy cow, I didn't realize that til I added it all up. And this is the girl who used to hate running ????
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I made it under my one of my ultimate plateaus! I have never been under 230 in my adult life.
    congrats to you keep up the great work
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have been at this for a few months now, had a good week for milestones:
    1) Total lost over 25 lbs
    2) BMI went from morbidly obese to "just" obese

It feels even better when you know you're doing it the right way, in a good mindset. Happy Sunday
  • Ceedee1140
    Options
    I watched what I ate on vacation last week and walked a lot, even though it was 90+ in Los Angeles. Got home last night, weighed myself this morning, and found that I did not gain an ounce!
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I got back on track this week! :D
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well today is only the first day of the week..... lets see, woke up at 9 am paid my bills, then went to work for a 12 hour shift. I did get someone on a hunger strike to drink an ensure, I'm happy, but not proud...hmmm hopefully something will come this week! I have high hopes! :-)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Nothing fitness wise.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I moved up to 55 lbs on the overhead press. I know it doesn't seem like much to some people but it's a lot to me. I have bad nerve damage and DDD, and when I first started I could barely do 10 lbs without shaking and having horrible pain afterward!!
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    What a great, uplifting thread idea!! I do have several small victories:

1) We went to the Fair this week and in the past, I'd come home with a bag full of hot buttered scones! This year, I ate one and decided, that was my treat - I'm not coming home with a bag! It made the treat extra special knowing I was eating it there, and not sabotaging a week's worth of breakfasts!

2) I'm getting sooo much better about evening snacking. I'm paying attention to my calories and cutting myself off when I've hit my limit.

3) We had a family BBQ yesterday and I filled my plate up with fresh fruits, veggies, and salads first. I did have some treats, but I made sure to stay under my calorie goal.

4) I worked out 6 days this week. I'm continually challenging myself and keeping myself from getting board! I did my 6 mile run down on the waterfront this week for a change of scenery. And I felt so good the next day, I went and ran a 3-miler. Such a far cry from the 2 mile runs that were killing me 5 months ago!

Nice job everyone!! :) Let's make this next week a great one, too!