Fasting.

Options
I'm going to be embarking on a good 3/4 day tea/water fast to cleanse, I am wondering if anyone would like to join me. I have alot of toxins to rid myself of and I heard fasting works for alot of things.
PM me

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be embarking on a good 3/4 day tea/water fast to cleanse, I am wondering if anyone would like to join me. I have alot of toxins to rid myself of and I heard fasting works for alot of things.
    PM me

Hmmm.....sounds like a legit post .........not.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Toxins in the body don't exist. High dosages of "poisons" can become toxic, but one would be hospitalized from that. You want to "cleanse", just eat more fiber and poo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Sweet toxins.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Toxins in the body don't exist.
    Not precisely.

There is potential for heavy metals to concentrate. One reason I avoid using indoor shooting ranges. However, a cute cup of tea ain't going to fix that. :)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Damn. I'm going to go eat a few spoons of fiber now.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I cleansed for 20 minutes this morning. Then I ran out of hot water. I'd try it with tea, but I just can't boil the kettle often enough to get a decent shower out of it.
  • Evilsick
    Evilsick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes please call me a troll because I am not as informed about my body as you are. This site isn't very welcoming and I will refrain from posting in the threads since I have been made to feel hella uncomfortable.
    Peace.
  • tillywilly1962
    tillywilly1962 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't let negative comments get to you! I wish you luck with your cleanse :-) :-)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Don't let negative comments get to you! I wish you luck with your cleanse :-) :-)

The negative comments are negative for a reason. Cleanses are unneccesary, and can be harful. OP, please read this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1159755-looking-for-a-detox-cleanse

People aren't negative to be *kitten*. They're negative because they've been there, done that, have done the research and know it is a bad idea.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am assuming you have a liver? And kidneys? That's all you need to detox.
    As far as a cleanse is concerned...remove clothing, get in shower, apply soap.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Anytime you sweat, poop or pee, you're cleansing "toxins" from your body.
  • tillywilly1962
    tillywilly1962 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree but you can give advice without giving nasty comments which I see a lot on this site.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I agree but you can give advice without giving nasty comments which I see a lot on this site.

People get tired of hearing the same stupid question or topic brought up a hundred times a day. That's why they respond with snide comments.

I usually just ignore the thread and don't bother posting.
  • CAC10456
    CAC10456 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

People get tired of hearing the same stupid question or topic brought up a hundred times a day. That's why they respond with snide comments.

I usually just ignore the thread and don't bother posting.

Yes. Remember that new people join MFP all the time and don't go back and read every single post. What is old to you is new to the poster. Be nice!
  • Blessedbygrace65
    Options
    Wow!! Y'all are super insensitive.
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just joined.
    I've never made a comment on any site.
    I just read comments to gain insight and learn, like WhyQuit.com- I quit smoking.
    In fact-I've never joined a group until last week with this one.
    I'm not sure if I will ever ask for advice at MFP.
    I have seen such distasteful remarks that lack maturity and basic common sense and kindness.
    Many of you sound like a bunch of trailer trash hillbillies who want to feel better about your lives by putting someone down ---anonymously online.
    I thought these things were for support and an exchange of ideas. How wrong I seem to be.
    Why all these rude and negative comments???---Everyone here is overweight and you're acting like you know it all! You don't---or none of us would be here.
    Give your head a shake!!!

To the OP: I have taken some meditation courses in Therevada Buddism where you can't eat after 12 noon...the evening meal is tea and some fruit. And the next time you eat is at 630 for breakfast. I tried it and I got used to it. You get used to eating less and it feels good.... But I haven't done it at home yet.
    A lot of people and cultures fast to give their body a rest.
    Friend me if you want.
    Take care