This thread delivers. :laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just some additional thoughts.
    Once again I practise fasting occassionally. The type changes. Sometimes one meal.a day over a period of days, sometimes no.solid food at all for a day or days, etc. The reasons are primarily spiritual!
    My observations though :
    1. Fasting is not ideal or sustainable if being used as a weight loss method if a lifestyle approach is being taken to weight loss
    2. Fasting is great at purging your body of toxins excess and leaves you feeling much healthier once done (even if not during)
    3. Fasting does sort of "turn.a switch" in your mind and helps you realise and also break any unhealthy addictions to food or certain types of food that you may have!
    4. For me, fasting for spiritual reasons coupled with prayer has been a channel to break into realms of the spiritual and miraculous that I had never seen before!

All the best!

Name one...just one toxin that is eliminated by fasting that wouldn't otherwise be eliminated by the body while still eating food. You don't have to name all of them...just one. Please, just give the name of even *ONE* toxin. Thanks in advance. :flowerforyou:

And if you can't name even one toxin, then please stop spreading this misinformation.
  • tillywilly1962
    tillywilly1962 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A lot of people here do seem to be very mean ! :mad:
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is overweight

Um, no. No they're not. I'm not overweight and I know there are a lot of other people on this site who aren't overweight either. People use this site for many different purposes and to state that you're overweight because you choose to use it is ridiculous.

OP: If you want to do a fast, then do a fast but don't expect it to "cleanse" anything because there's nothing to "cleanse". Your liver and kidneys already do that for you.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    How does that change the rules?

I mean that people don't consider the calories-in-calories-out principle to apply in terms of fasting. It's more (and I'm quoting directly here, as I did previously, thus one would think obviating the need for repetition...)

"All that will happen on this fast is you'll be hungry and you may lose a bunch of water weight. As soon as you eat food you'll be back where you started".

Really? People? Where are these people because a majority of people I know that do 5:2 or those that do more 16:8 type fasts (like myself) would never say that fasting (with whatever method you are using) changes anything about the rules of CICO nor do they disregard the principle...at all.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is overweight

Pretty sure this is myFitnesspal..not myWeightLossPal. And if that were the case, why are there sections for those maintaining weight and those looking to gain/bulk?
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Toxins in the body don't exist.
    Not precisely.

There is potential for heavy metals to concentrate. One reason I avoid using indoor shooting ranges. However, a cute cup of tea ain't going to fix that. :)

you know, if you stand on the OTHER side of the room, then you're less likely to have high concentrations of heavy metals hitting you at high velocities.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be embarking on a good 3/4 day tea/water fast to cleanse, I am wondering if anyone would like to join me. I have alot of toxins to rid myself of and I heard fasting works for alot of things.
    PM me

Fasting for one day can be healthy. But going without any food for 3-4 days is not going to do your body any good. The stress you put on your body will likely be more toxic than just letting your body naturally expel waste.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Does your body naturally "cleanse" all the additives in our diets? Maybe people use toxins interchangeably with the extra chemicals added to food.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Does your body naturally "cleanse" all the additives in our diets? Maybe people use toxins interchangeably with the extra chemicals added to food.

Yes - the body does do that.

Please name these extra chemicals that you think the body might not naturally cleanse.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am apart of this site. I am not trailer trash, maybe a little hillbilly, but I am not trailer trash.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Basically, yes. And even if the answer was no, fasting would not change it, and neither would 'cleanses' or 'detoxes'.
  • Wookinpanub
    Options

Please name these extra chemicals that you think the body might not naturally cleanse.

Just wondering about any artificial ingredients added during the manufacturing process. I did the whole Isagenix cleanse years ago. It's premise beside the 2-day torturous fasting was that any unnatural food can cause toxins which may lead to weight gain because the body did not know how to process unnatural foods. It was a little over the top for me and while I did lose some weight with fasting, dieting and exercise, I gained it all back.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Just wondering about any artificial ingredients added during the manufacturing process. I did the whole Isagenix cleanse years ago. It's premise beside the 2-day torturous fasting was that any unnatural food can cause toxins which may lead to weight gain because the body did not know how to process unnatural foods. It was a little over the top for me and while I did lose some weight with fasting, dieting and exercise, I gained it all back.

It is total marketing schpeel that has no basis behind it.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

I'm afraid that is marketing BS

And you fell for it.

Edit: Oh snap Sara :flowerforyou:
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I will PM me I was told by my Dr. that I have way too many toxins in my body....I love my Dr. you might know him he goes by the name Dr. Oz! ....giggity
  • Wookinpanub
    Options

And you fell for it.

But, but Isagenix had a Dr as their spokesperson. It's gotta be real right?

Board Certified Gastroenterologist Dr. Becky Natrajan
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

And you fell for it.

But, but Isagenix had a Dr as their spokesperson. It's gotta be real right?

Board Certified Gastroenterologist Dr. Becky Natrajan

I'm being trolled - yes?

otherwise :noway: