Fasting.

Options

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I just joined.
    I've never made a comment on any site.
    I just read comments to gain insight and learn, like WhyQuit.com- I quit smoking.
    In fact-I've never joined a group until last week with this one.
    I'm not sure if I will ever ask for advice at MFP.
    I have seen such distasteful remarks that lack maturity and basic common sense and kindness.
    Many of you sound like a bunch of trailer trash hillbillies who want to feel better about your lives by putting someone down
    ---anonymously online.
    I thought these things were for support and an exchange of ideas. How wrong I seem to be.
    Why all these rude and negative comments???---Everyone here is overweight and you're acting like you know it all! You don't---or none of us would be here.
    Give your head a shake!!!

To the OP: I have taken some meditation courses in Therevada Buddism where you can't eat after 12 noon...the evening meal is tea and some fruit. And the next time you eat is at 630 for breakfast. I tried it and I got used to it. You get used to eating less and it feels good.... But I haven't done it at home yet.
    A lot of people and cultures fast to give their body a rest.
    Friend me if you want.
    Take care

:huh:

Really?

Honestly though if you read a little before hopping head first into MFP, asking about doing a cleanse where you don't eat for for 3 or 4 days, you'd understand that people here are not a fan of doing things that are not sustainable for the long term. Cleanses, shake diets, and other fad diet methods are not teaching you how to be healthy, but merely a band-aid that has to be ripped off at some point. There are quite a few pinned topics that touch on this right up at the top of the diet and weight loss help forum...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/9-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help

Alatariel75 even linked the detox/cleanse post directly.
  • fangedneko
    fangedneko Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is overweight
    Blatantly false.
    and you're acting like you know it all
    What a hypocrite.

Maybe you should actually spend some time learning about a community before demonstrating your ignorance like you just did.
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is overweight
    Blatantly false.
    and you're acting like you know it all
    What a hypocrite.

Maybe you should actually spend some time learning about a community before demonstrating your ignorance like you just did.

why don't you read this thread before you judge. Its mean to the OP
  • SuninVirgo
    Options
    Thanks for proving my point
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I just joined.
    I just read comments to gain insight and learn, like WhyQuit.com- I quit smoking.
    I have seen such distasteful remarks that lack maturity and basic common sense and kindness.
    Many of you sound like a bunch of trailer trash hillbillies who want to feel better about your lives by putting someone down ---anonymously online.
    I thought these things were for support and an exchange of ideas. How wrong I seem to be.
    Why all these rude and negative comments???---Everyone here is overweight and you're acting like you know it all! You don't---or none of us would be here.

To the OP: I have taken some meditation courses in Therevada Buddism where you can't eat after 12 noon...the evening meal is tea and some fruit. And the next time you eat is at 630 for breakfast. I tried it and I got used to it. You get used to eating less and it feels good.... But I haven't done it at home yet.
    Friend me if you want.
    Take care

man this post really has it all

!) New yet knows everything
    2) "I would never be as mean as you trailer trash hillbillies" hypocrisy
    3) Buddhist fasts yet severely rustled jimmies.
    4) "everyone here is overweight/we're all here for the same reason"

Love it. Thanks for the chuckle.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Have fun with that. I will be there to join you as soon as I get around to it.
  • SuninVirgo
    Options
    if you are going to quote me- do it right.
    I would never be as mean as you trailer trash hillbillies" hypocrisy
    I never said that I'm not mean.
    I also never said I was a Buddhist.

If you are such a great runner and are only here to reduce your body fat---why don't you offer some real advice ?
    Instead of proving my point.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I just joined.
    Many of you sound like a bunch of trailer trash hillbillies who want to feel better about your lives by putting someone down ---anonymously online.

Friend me if you want.
    Take care

Wow...trailor trash hillbillies, huh? Hmmm...I think they call that fighting fire with fire. If you want everybody to be nice, shouldn't you...You know...be nice...or something?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    if you are going to quote me- do it right.
    I would never be as mean as you trailer trash hillbillies" hypocrisy
    I never said that I'm not mean.
    I also never said I was a Buddhist.

If you are such a great runner and are only here to reduce your body fat---why don't you offer some real advice ?
    Instead of proving my point.

I assume you're talking to me, but if you want to quote, hit the 'quote' button. It makes things easier.

And after I thanked you for the laughs. Why so mean?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Y'all are super insensitive.

1. Strong first post after 3+ years of silence.

2. Welcome to the forums.

3. In.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Way to rise above it!

-Everyone here is overweight and you're acting like you know it all!

Not correct..at all.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OP: please name these toxins.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so mean. :sad:

Well, it *has* been a solid week since the last "you people are mean" thread. Based on rough calculations, we're just about due. :laugh:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    ARF!
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be embarking on a good 3/4 day tea/water fast to cleanse, I am wondering if anyone would like to join me. I have alot of toxins to rid myself of and I heard fasting works for alot of things.
    PM me
    I also fast once in awhile for religious reasons (I'm Christian).
    But I feel the health benefits are great. Yes when you've gone through it it certainly is a detox, skin may break out then clears! Lots of visits to the washroom. Drink plenty of water if you can.
    Once you've gone through it your body will thank you for it!
  • LunaStar2008
    LunaStar2008 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You want to "cleanse", just eat more fiber and poo.

I hope you meant eat more fiber and then poo it out later.....LOL :laugh: :tongue: ...because I really don't want to eat poo :bigsmile:

Why is everyone so sensitive and offended??? :noway: :frown: if you post a questing, be prepared that you get an answer you may not like, besides the "trolls" which may come out of hiding. That is life-grow up or ignore. :smile:
  • 21million
    21million Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I enjoy fasting after the third day.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    ARF!
    Is your avi from the dark crystal?