Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Next time you go to subway

consider the fact that when food expires, they just change the labels to a different date. and when they drop bread on the floor, they wait until all costumers have left and put it back in the ready to serve bread cabinets. Also, consider that all of the meats and cheese come pre packaged and pre sliced. There is nothing authentic about subway, and although it may have lower calories ( not even that much of a difference ) than most fast food, it is definitely filled with just as many chemicals.

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Yay, chemicals! I love these posts.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    consider the fact that when food expires, they just change the labels to a different date. and when they drop bread on the floor, they wait until all costumers have left and put it back in the ready to serve bread cabinets. Also, consider that all of the meats and cheese come pre packaged and pre sliced. There is nothing authentic about subway, and although it may have lower calories ( not even that much of a difference ) than most fast food, it is definitely filled with just as many chemicals.

Food & Nutrition is that way
    >
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    State health departments do stringent checks at all restaurants regularly. If all Subways ignored expiration dates on deli meats, they would've been out of business long ago. Sliced meats are not like stale bread. You can't serve those old and not be spreading food borne illnesses.

But they're all franchises. If one franchisee does it that way sometimes, I wouldn't be surprised. I think it's one of the cheapest franchises you can buy, with low barriers to entry.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Why is this in Fitness and Exercise??
    consider the fact that when food expires, they just change the labels to a different date.
    you've seen this personally with your own eyes??
    My friend owns a subway- I can double check from her- but I can promise you she's never done that at HER"S.
    and when they drop bread on the floor, they wait until all costumers have left and put it back in the ready to serve bread cabinets.
    you've seen this personally with your own eyes? PS I eat food off my floor at home all the time- and I'm pretty sure cats are not remotely close to sanitary.
    Also, consider that all of the meats and cheese come pre packaged and pre sliced.
    and you're point? The meat I buy for dinner comes prepackaged- and sometimes when i'm lazy?? PRESLICED!!!
    There is nothing authentic about subway,
    it's a hoagie- not a cultural appreciation stop.
    and although it may have lower calories ( not even that much of a difference ) than most fast food, it is definitely filled with just as many chemicals.

the air you breath is significantly full of chemicals as well- I guess you should just stop breathing too.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    And you know this how?
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    OP must own stock in Jimmie Johns.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    And you know this how?

OP stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    I'm trying to pump as many chemicals in my body as I possibly can! Thanks, OP! I'm well on my way to my goal of sprouting a second head from all the delicious chemicals.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I <3 chemicals. Without them I would die. In fact I wouldn't even be...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    food-on-floor.jpg
    tumblr_ls400eJKpe1r317bvo1_250.gif
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member

Food & Nutrition is that way
    >

First off, this^ Secondly, you must be naïve. That could be said about eating out anywhere. Thirdly, one bad outlet doesn't equate to a blanket statement for a chain. Quit trolling.
  • TanyaLafley
    TanyaLafley Posts: 62 Member
    And you know this how?

I literally laughed out loud at this....
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Why is this in Fitness and Exercise??
    consider the fact that when food expires, they just change the labels to a different date.
    you've seen this personally with your own eyes??
    My friend owns a subway- I can double check from her- but I can promise you she's never done that at HER"S.
    and when they drop bread on the floor, they wait until all costumers have left and put it back in the ready to serve bread cabinets.
    you've seen this personally with your own eyes? PS I eat food off my floor at home all the time- and I'm pretty sure cats are not remotely close to sanitary.
    Also, consider that all of the meats and cheese come pre packaged and pre sliced.
    and you're point? The meat I buy for dinner comes prepackaged- and sometimes when i'm lazy?? PRESLICED!!!
    There is nothing authentic about subway,
    it's a hoagie- not a cultural appreciation stop.
    and although it may have lower calories ( not even that much of a difference ) than most fast food, it is definitely filled with just as many chemicals.

the air you breath is significantly full of chemicals as well- I guess you should just stop breathing too.

This...so much this...

I think I'm gonna go get Subway now thanks to the OP.
  • food-on-floor.jpg
    tumblr_ls400eJKpe1r317bvo1_250.gif

This ^^^
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    **bump**

It's a slow day...just in it to watch the flame war.
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    I have worked at 4 different Subways and yes, they did all change the expiration dates on food. Not the one on the package. But when you take it out of the package you date the food and it's good for "x" days. When "x" days were up if the food was still left we were required to put a new sticker on it with the new date.

That said, I have NEVER seen anyone drop bread or any food on the floor and then serve it (unless it was vegetables that were washed after being dropped).
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Did u get fired from subway?????
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    OP must own stock in Jimmie Johns.

was going to say something similar, must work for "Jimmy Johns" or "Jersey Mikes"
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    And you know this how?

I dont get it???

You've never seen the commercials?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    By these rules, my husband probably shouldn't eat any of the food I cook either....:tongue: