Rudeness of a total stranger!

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry this happened to you.

You've lost 8Kg!! That is wonderful. You're doing all the right things. Keep doing what you are doing. In time, you'll reach your goal.

Stay encouraged and focussed. Don't let one stranger veer you off-track. Hang in there.
  • Summer4677
    Summer4677 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    what did he say that was rude?

wow
  • ElectroJay
    ElectroJay Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow... that dude has zero EQ
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I would been pissed and tell him off .Its none of his business
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that his intention wasn't to make you look like a fool in front of your co-workers but i understand why you feel the way you do. Either way he is a stranger you will never see him again so his opinion doesn't matter. You are working hard to be the best you can be, don't let the stranger get to you.:flowerforyou:
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You can continue to get healthier with hard work & determination, but I'm guessing there is very little chance that hard work will improve his propensity to be a tool.

This is exactly what I was thinking! Maybe you should go back and offer to help him with his problem of being a completely socially inept tool.
  • k8161819
    Options
    I just read your post and I am mortified for you. I understand the struggle and some people can really hurt. I have gone through the same thing. About a year ago I was working as a dental receptionist and a new person came into the office to book an appointment. When she was there she asked me when my baby was due, but I wasn't pregnant. That was horrifying enough, but I took it in strides and politely said "Oh no I'm not pregnant" and just continued with my work, but then in front of the whole office including my co-workers and a waiting room full of patients (some that I see on a daily basis) she continued to say "Oh my god honey, you should think about your health. Being that big isn't good for your heart. You should get some help. You'll get diabetes or die" To say that I was mortified was an understatement. I don't think I have ever been more embarrassed in my entire life. It took all my strength to stay professional, continue with my day and not look upset, but my heart was pounding and I could tell my face was getting red. Little did they know, that I too was working hard to eat right and work out. At 25, hearing that from a complete stranger can be discouraging. When she left there was an older gentleman in the room that came up to me and told me not to pay attention to her comments than that he thought I was a lovely lady, which did help, but sometimes I wish that someone would have been like your co-worker and pointed out her inappropriateness.

I understand that being bigger is something that is always on your mind, it was for me anyway, but when someone points out the same things you think about it is devastating. While this is one of my low points, it just pushed me to prove to myself that I could do it and complete my goals.

I just wanted to say that this can happen to a lot of people, and I am proud that you are working so hard for yourself and no one else. If you or anyone ever needs any words of encouragement I am always here (and a few my way wouldn't hurt :wink: )

Keep it up, your awesome!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I know people like that, they wind me up and they're not even strangers!
    If you happen to see him again, just approach him and say:
    "Hey, I'm a plastic surgeon and I want to help you, your face looks like a baboon's bottom!!!

Nice!! that would have been perfect (and helpful!!)