Sorry I'm Not Sorry - I gotta rant!

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    This looks like a good enough dumpster fire to throw my rant in as well.

I HATE EARLY DAYS!!!!!!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    v6uh49.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I get it. I agree with you. I have to pay attention to all the macros, not just calories. If I focus on strictly calories in/calories out, I won't lose.

if you burn more than you consume....you will.

If it were that easy, I would be skinny. If that works for you, then that is excellent. I must be the exception to the rule. I have tried to lose weight every way imaginable (with the exception of surgery). I'm not saying I eat clean. I still eat some processed foods. I am just saying, I personally need to pay attention to the whole picture in order to be successful. Counting calories alone will sabotage me every time. I have learned this by trial and error. I am sorry if you don't believe me, but it is true.

so then you're not arguing against the fact that if one burns more than they consume, they will lose weight.
    your issue is that you cant seem to keep your cals below your burn.

fair enough.

i thought you were saying that you were eating at a deficit and not losing weight.
    tumblr_lxuyrspehO1rn95k2o1_400.gif

I am arguing that I have eaten at a deficit before and not lost weight. I am also saying that eating processed foods doesn't fill me up like healthier options do. I am also saying that I have previously gone over my calorie limit due to still being hungry an hour after eating processed foods. I am also saying that I have damn near starved myself, and still not lost weight.

My question is, why are you disagreeing with how my body works? It seems that you know nothing about me or my ability to lose weight...and people like YOU make me dislike this site. Not people like the OP.
    You haven't eaten at a deficit then. It is physically impossible for your body to take in less calories than it expends and not lose weight. I am being literal here. It is physically impossible.
    You weren't at a deficit, simple as that.

i feel like i should insert a special snowflake gif here, but i will refrain.

EDIT: nevermind....already been done. lol

as stated above, you were not eating at a deficit.

are you measuring and weighing EVERYTHING? if not, then how do you know?
    people are notoriously bad estimators...i was SHOCKED when i saw what a true 1/2 cup of ice cream looked like.

im sorry that people like me make you dislike this site. that certainly wasnt my intention. i guess my hope is that those who struggle with trying to stay within restrictive guidelines and struggle are able to come to the realization that, hey....you can TOTALLY do this and still eat the things you love. hell, it may make it EASIER. it certainly does for me.

looks like youre on the newer side to MFP, so i would like to provide these links to you. read them if youd like, or skip them and focus on eating "healthy". your call.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1346163-change-your-mindset

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Real mature guys...laugh it up at my weight loss struggle.

Am I new to this site? No. I started a new account recently when I decided to change my lifestyle/eating habits after I had my last child.

So that's cool. I'll just go ahead and eat nothing but pizza and honey buns and drink nothing but mountain dew...because you said I will lose weight doing so. Hah. Yeah I don't think so. I am not saying calories are not important. If I believed that I wouldn't count them religiously. But I am not going to sit here and say that they are the only thing that affects weight loss. You seriously don't believe carbs, sugar, sodium and fat have anything to do with weight loss? I am sorry, but I call BS. And I am not crying the blues about "what I've been through", so spare me your condescending crap. If you can eat complete garbage and lose weight then I applaud you. That is fantastic! And I envy you. Unfortunately, I can't do that. So basically I am done here. Thanks for your kind words. Really was the icing on top of a lovely day.

you have GOT to be kidding me.

was i mean? was i bullying?

i get the feeling you are one of those people who loves to play the victim.

if you think what i posted was condescending, please refrain from any other online forums. you need a thicker skin, sweetie.

if you want people to shower you in glitter and unicorn hugs and "way-to-go"s, you have come to the wrong place.

those links i posted are VERY helpful and written by people who have had great success here.

i wish you all the best on your weight loss journey and hope you find success in it, however that may be.
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I agree with the original poster. Bravo!

For example, recent research has shown that artificial sweeteners, while technically counting as zero calories, may cause spikes in blood sugar and lead to obesity, diabetes, and so forth. In this case, the math is not as simple as calories in/calories out and macros.

While I am not a clean eater or a champion of Paleo, there is much to be said in the research for a sensible diet primarily based on vegetables, lean protein, ,low-glycemic carbs, and some fruits.

I also say, in advance, that I am not sorry if anyone finds this "offensive" and engages in another ad infinitum, ad nauseam round of faux outrage,

I do not come here to instagram rainbows and puppies but to speak the frank truth.
    Warm regards,
    -G.e.C
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I get it. I agree with you. I have to pay attention to all the macros, not just calories. If I focus on strictly calories in/calories out, I won't lose.

if you burn more than you consume....you will.

If it were that easy, I would be skinny. If that works for you, then that is excellent. I must be the exception to the rule. I have tried to lose weight every way imaginable (with the exception of surgery). I'm not saying I eat clean. I still eat some processed foods. I am just saying, I personally need to pay attention to the whole picture in order to be successful. Counting calories alone will sabotage me every time. I have learned this by trial and error. I am sorry if you don't believe me, but it is true.

so then you're not arguing against the fact that if one burns more than they consume, they will lose weight.
    your issue is that you cant seem to keep your cals below your burn.

fair enough.

i thought you were saying that you were eating at a deficit and not losing weight.
    tumblr_lxuyrspehO1rn95k2o1_400.gif

I am arguing that I have eaten at a deficit before and not lost weight. I am also saying that eating processed foods doesn't fill me up like healthier options do. I am also saying that I have previously gone over my calorie limit due to still being hungry an hour after eating processed foods. I am also saying that I have damn near starved myself, and still not lost weight.

My question is, why are you disagreeing with how my body works? It seems that you know nothing about me or my ability to lose weight...and people like YOU make me dislike this site. Not people like the OP.
    You haven't eaten at a deficit then. It is physically impossible for your body to take in less calories than it expends and not lose weight. I am being literal here. It is physically impossible.
    You weren't at a deficit, simple as that.

i feel like i should insert a special snowflake gif here, but i will refrain.

EDIT: nevermind....already been done. lol

as stated above, you were not eating at a deficit.

are you measuring and weighing EVERYTHING? if not, then how do you know?
    people are notoriously bad estimators...i was SHOCKED when i saw what a true 1/2 cup of ice cream looked like.

im sorry that people like me make you dislike this site. that certainly wasnt my intention. i guess my hope is that those who struggle with trying to stay within restrictive guidelines and struggle are able to come to the realization that, hey....you can TOTALLY do this and still eat the things you love. hell, it may make it EASIER. it certainly does for me.

looks like youre on the newer side to MFP, so i would like to provide these links to you. read them if youd like, or skip them and focus on eating "healthy". your call.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1346163-change-your-mindset

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Real mature guys...laugh it up at my weight loss struggle.

Am I new to this site? No. I started a new account recently when I decided to change my lifestyle/eating habits after I had my last child.

So that's cool. I'll just go ahead and eat nothing but pizza and honey buns and drink nothing but mountain dew...because you said I will lose weight doing so. Hah. Yeah I don't think so. I am not saying calories are not important. If I believed that I wouldn't count them religiously. But I am not going to sit here and say that they are the only thing that affects weight loss. You seriously don't believe carbs, sugar, sodium and fat have anything to do with weight loss? I am sorry, but I call BS. And I am not crying the blues about "what I've been through", so spare me your condescending crap. If you can eat complete garbage and lose weight then I applaud you. That is fantastic! And I envy you. Unfortunately, I can't do that. So basically I am done here. Thanks for your kind words. Really was the icing on top of a lovely day.

Sodium has NOTHING to do with fat loss.

And that's the only "weight loss" I care about. If I gain weight because I gain muscle, well, yay for me!

Carbs, sugar, and fat (and protein) only matter in the context of your macros, unless you are having metabolic issues. Which are sometimes triggered by obesity. However, one of the most solid ways of addressing that is through exercise.

If you are still experiencing "sugar addiction" or ravenous hunger no matter how much you eat/don't eat/exercise, you might want to temporarily reduce added sugar/carbs until you get to a healthier body fat %.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

For example, recent research has shown that artificial sweeteners, while technically counting as zero calories, may cause spikes in blood sugar and lead to obesity, diabetes, and so forth. In this case, the math is not as simple as calories in/calories out and macros.

While I am not a clean eater or a champion of Paleo, there is much to be said in the research for a sensible diet primarily based on vegetables, lean protein, ,low-glycemic carbs, and some fruits.

I also say, in advance, that I am not sorry if anyone finds this "offensive" and engages in another ad infinitum, ad nauseam round of faux outrage,

I do not come here to instagram rainbows and puppies but to speak the frank truth.
    Warm regards,
    -G.e.C

Your truth is a LIE
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Unhappy, unhealthy, unfit person here checking in.

2ilixlj.gif

Sup there, my gelato princess?

Nuffin. Just #eatingclean

2ihqic3.gif

OMG ME TOO!

hotdogs-anim.gif
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    So that's cool. I'll just go ahead and eat nothing but pizza and honey buns and drink nothing but mountain dew...because you said I will lose weight doing so.

I've lost 27lbs eating pizza and drinking mt dew....
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

2ilixlj.gif

2ihqic3.gif

OMG ME TOO!

hotdogs-anim.gif

2k31nr.gif
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

Warm regards,
    -G.e.C

False. Diet soda causes spikes in BEING FREAKING AWESOME
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Warm regards,
    -G.e.C

QFT
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

Warm regards,
    -G.e.C

QFT

2815094.jpg
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    What if I just like it when my BF calls me a dirty eater? A dirty, dirty, bad eater...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

2ilixlj.gif

2ihqic3.gif

OMG ME TOO!

hotdogs-anim.gif

2k31nr.gif

Michael Jordan eats hot dogs, and Spongebob Thighgap eats chocolate... Hmmmm

Bill-Cosby-Jello-GIF.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What if I just like it when my BF calls me a dirty eater? A dirty, dirty, bad eater...
    Bow chika bow wow
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    You are absolutely right.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    "You are what you eat!" REALLY??

Cows eat grass and hay (They are still cows)
    Horses eat grass and hay (They are still horses)
    Robins eat worms (They are still robins)
    Moles eat worms (They are still moles)

I diet my way, you diet yours! To each his own!

today I'm a protein bar, no wonder I feel so chewed up
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    So that's cool. I'll just go ahead and eat nothing but pizza and honey buns and drink nothing but mountain dew...because you said I will lose weight doing so.

well, it's not really him that said you will lose weight doing so. nor I. Nor "we". It is science. science says that if you consume less calories than you burn you will lose weight. but if you are smarter than science well you go right ahead.

i know you are feeling ganged up on right now but skull is cool people and those were excellent links that I hope you will take the time to read after you calm down a bit.

really think about what you are defending and mad at right now. do you really want your position to be "I defend the super hard super restrictive way to lose weight where all the foods are sucky, dry *kitten* salads, and gross versions of things I used to love." Or would you like it if your position on wieght loss could be. "Food is good. I can enjoy some of what a want, a little of what I love, and a lot of what is good for me while allowed added touches to make it enjoyable, all while not alienating every single person I know."
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    This post is not going to end well.
    Agreed