Sorry I'm Not Sorry - I gotta rant!

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I get it. I agree with you. I have to pay attention to all the macros, not just calories. If I focus on strictly calories in/calories out, I won't lose.

if you burn more than you consume....you will.

If it were that easy, I would be skinny. If that works for you, then that is excellent. I must be the exception to the rule. I have tried to lose weight every way imaginable (with the exception of surgery). I'm not saying I eat clean. I still eat some processed foods. I am just saying, I personally need to pay attention to the whole picture in order to be successful. Counting calories alone will sabotage me every time. I have learned this by trial and error. I am sorry if you don't believe me, but it is true.

so then you're not arguing against the fact that if one burns more than they consume, they will lose weight.
    your issue is that you cant seem to keep your cals below your burn.

fair enough.

i thought you were saying that you were eating at a deficit and not losing weight.
    tumblr_lxuyrspehO1rn95k2o1_400.gif

I am arguing that I have eaten at a deficit before and not lost weight. I am also saying that eating processed foods doesn't fill me up like healthier options do. I am also saying that I have previously gone over my calorie limit due to still being hungry an hour after eating processed foods. I am also saying that I have damn near starved myself, and still not lost weight.

My question is, why are you disagreeing with how my body works? It seems that you know nothing about me or my ability to lose weight...and people like YOU make me dislike this site. Not people like the OP.
    You haven't eaten at a deficit then. It is physically impossible for your body to take in less calories than it expends and not lose weight. I am being literal here. It is physically impossible.
    You weren't at a deficit, simple as that.

i feel like i should insert a special snowflake gif here, but i will refrain.

EDIT: nevermind....already been done. lol

as stated above, you were not eating at a deficit.

are you measuring and weighing EVERYTHING? if not, then how do you know?
    people are notoriously bad estimators...i was SHOCKED when i saw what a true 1/2 cup of ice cream looked like.

im sorry that people like me make you dislike this site. that certainly wasnt my intention. i guess my hope is that those who struggle with trying to stay within restrictive guidelines and struggle are able to come to the realization that, hey....you can TOTALLY do this and still eat the things you love. hell, it may make it EASIER. it certainly does for me.

looks like youre on the newer side to MFP, so i would like to provide these links to you. read them if youd like, or skip them and focus on eating "healthy". your call.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1346163-change-your-mindset

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmxloiapfq1s1k3jho1_500.gif

Glazed?? LIke donuts? Those are healthy right? I mean.....no one can dispute that, right???

I'm a donut.

Mmmmmmm!

Agreed!! You are deliciousness wrapped in awesomeness!! I'd take a bite outta you even if you weren't healthy :blushing:

tumblr_inline_nbjdi0RZMV1s61ro0.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Born again clean eaters ....... Need I say more

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, but the bottom line is; sugar and processed foods cause inflammation. PERIOD. Inflammation causes a whole host of other problems including weight gain.

Do you even science?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, but the bottom line is; sugar and processed foods cause inflammation. PERIOD. Inflammation causes a whole host of other problems including weight gain.

Strong first post. Lol.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why so many people try MFP...fail....try again...fail...people will find anything they can to eat what they want and call it healthy...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Inflammation of what?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    This is a Clean Eating, Special Snowflake and Mean People thread all rolled into one.

All we need (unless I missed it) is detoxing/cleansing and either a I'm Out but not really since I'll come back and comment or a Haters comment and we'll be all set for a bingo...I just know it!
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Certainly everyone should eat healthier, but that's not reality today. So when you eliminate fast food, processed food, bread, sugar, fat, you end up with a variety of rabbit food. In essence you're scaring the bee gees out of someone who is trying to lose weight. You, in their mind are taking away their best friends, insuring that they'll fail before they even get started.

It is a fact that you can lose weight by eating fast food, processed food, bread, sugar, and fat, as long as one stays within their MFP calorie goal. It's definitely not the healthiest way to the clean you're referring to, I think most people would agree there.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    This is exactly why so many people try MFP...fail....try again...fail...people will find anything they can to eat what they want and call it healthy...

Oh? So my success at losing 60lbs is a lie (as well as the keeping it off for the most part for a few years) because I couldn't do it being restrictive but rather flexible? Not to mention me getting out of a few deficiencies I was facing because of the restrictiveness and my overall health improvement (especially my back issues)?

Oh. Okay.
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So starting today I am going to eat clean. I will use extra soap and wash all my foods twice before I put them in my mouth. This ensure that my Double-Double from In-n-Out is still eating clean.
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This is a Clean Eating, Special Snowflake and Mean People thread all rolled into one.

All we need (unless I missed it) is detoxing/cleansing and either a I'm Out but not really since I'll come back and comment or a Haters comment and we'll be all set for a bingo...I just know it!

Oh, and I just cleansed about an hour ago! but given the way my bowels feel this might turn into more than a 1-day cleanse.
  • shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I see people on my friends list losing weight and eating lot's of processed/fast food. I think eating healthy and losing weight can be two different things Eating clean is definitely good for you but I see people lose weight eating fast food and crap as well. I think basically we are talking about two different things. A deficit eating crap will allow you to lose weight but absolutely eating clean with lot's of fruits and vegetables is a healthier way to do it.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Personally I care just as much if not more about my mental health compared to my physical health. Physical health can come but mental health is harder for me to maintain.

There is no way in hell I can maintain decent mental health if my mind is so preoccupied with "dirty" and "clean" food. Plus, having a social life is super important for mental health.

SO honestly this clean food business drives me insane. Go on feeling morally superior to me. When I die before you (since im "dirty) but way happier we can compare notes then.
    I like you! Dairy fat and sugar (in the form of frozen, yummy goodness) are essential to my mental health. Seriously, when I start restricting too much and focusing on "clean" eating, I end up in a really dark place.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    *yawn
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    Options
    Why can't we all just agree to disagree on this? Why can't people understand that you can literally convert 0 people to your point of view by telling them how wrong and stupid they are for thinking what they think?
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    You shoudn't be sorry!

I just 'tried' to have this conversation with someone - you get out what you put in. Eat poorly, workout half *kitten*, lose no weight, feel bad, then give up! Eat better, kick a&& workouts, lose weight, feel great, keep going - increase your health outlook!

I admit, we all reach this point in our own time but don't knock it until you try it!
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I see people on my friends list losing weight and eating lot's of processed/fast food. I think eating healthy and losing weight can be two different things Eating clean is definitely good for you but I see people lose weight eating fast food and crap as well. I think basically we are talking about two different things. A deficit eating crap will allow you to lose weight but absolutely eating clean with lot's of fruits and vegetables is a healthier way to do it.

If someone is eating "crap" you should really tell them to seek help.