the shock of my life

Options

Replies

• GremlinJenny
    Options
    holy moly! you look phenomenal. and you seem so happy. :) congratulations!!!
  • GrandmaVic
    GrandmaVic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goodness! That is amazing! You should be very proud! Congrats.
  • larrymoss
    Options
    Wow, you look great. It looks like you were at about the same place as I am now. I look forward to seeing my after picture in eight months. You did an amazing job and inspire me to do it as well.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Great job!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You look HOT!!! Congrats !!!
  • shrinkinggoddess
    Options
    You look like a completely different person. Congratulatiuons on your incredible transformation!! I am inspired.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow. :noway: Amazing! You must feel incredible!!
  • TeeTee11
    Options
    congrats! You look so much happier and healthier!
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing! Congratulations on your success!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    DANG!!!! :wink: Congrats!!!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! What a difference a year can make!
  • JakeNonne
    JakeNonne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing change. Your photos say the whole story. In the pre-photo, it looks like you are at a party with a glass of wine, passively sitting down. In the post-photo, you are standing at the beach and it looks like you just came out of the water after a swim activity.

Health is a mindset and a choice.

Great job!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy new year.

I am not one for standing in from of the camera, but when I was emailed a photo taken last christmas and another taken yesterday by a friend I was angry at first, how dare he keep a photo of fat me.

I didn't want to look at it, it was difficult and embarrassing!

Then in the quiet light of day I sat down and flicked between the two, I couldn't see myself in fat photo, I had only seen myself in the mirror, but my brain hadn't computed what 100 or so pounds looks like. I had still seen myself as overweight. The fat photo now sits on my refrigerator.

The weight reduction has taken place since April 2010. It's like being 21 again. :smile: I ave been a regular on here reading and learning. Thanks for the journey.

Before fat.jpg

After thin.jpg

WTG, incredible difference!!

I also have to say, it always amazes me how different people look after a big weightloss - in their faces! The rest of their bodies, it goes without saying, lose many pounds and of course, they will look totally different. However, does anybody else get totally fascinated at the difference in people's faces in their before and after shots? It isn't just the weight gone from around their faces, it is as if it is a totally different face!!!
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    well done ! massive diffrence !
  • cdhtn10
    Options
    WOW, you really do look like an entirely new person!!! Congrats to you!!
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    However, does anybody else get totally fascinated at the difference in people's faces in their before and after shots? It isn't just the weight gone from around their faces, it is as if it is a totally different face!!!

Yes, you're right, it's like my life has had the reset button pressed, I am new to the world, the world doesn't recognise me. (not bad if you owe money I guess). :smile:

thin-1.jpg
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What an incredible transformation! Good for you!
  • kristy12379
    Options
    Dang! You look so great! And I love how you're rockin the new you at the beach!
  • bdk8862
    Options
    Thank you for sharing and especially DOING the hard work..Im on a 12 week blitz..Only started yesterday and want to loose 10kgs..
    this morning I needed something to keep me going and focused so i have put my 'fat' photo up as a way to do just that..
    So very embarrassing as i really didnt think I was that bad but even more embarrassing is i asked my brand new boyfreind to take the pics!!!! eeeuw!
    so here I go following you every step of the way!
    Watch out for the new profile pic of me..
    Day 1 is over 83 to go!
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Amazing! Well done you, what a transformation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!