Snow Bunnies to Sun Bathers Challenge

Options

Replies

• katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join????

I'd like to if I could. My SW is 195lbs, 20% = 39lbs.

I'm new to the site, so I will try to figure out how to add you as a friend!

Its never to late to start! Ill add you to the stats, but it prob wont show till tonight since i gotta go food shopping :)
  • martinez0701
    martinez0701 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also work in a school. Luckily we have passing periods every 65 min so I can make it to the bathroom if needed. Since I am prone to headaches I try to drink water, but I end up making tea more often.
  • hildursg
    hildursg Posts: 106
    Options
    Alright, so im making a site, with v-logs... i made a sub-page with our challenge stats....
    http://www.wix.com/katelyn002/myjourney
    goto the challenge link to check it out if wanted.... im gonna make it better though, so stick with me! :)

That is a great idea :)
    I am going to change the settings on the page here to lbs so that I will be easier to track as there is no problem to weigh myself in kg's and then enter it in kg's and the site changes it into lbs :)
  • hildursg
    Options
    I also work in a school. Luckily we have passing periods every 65 min so I can make it to the bathroom if needed. Since I am prone to headaches I try to drink water, but I end up making tea more often.

Well tea is still water :)
    I start at 8:30 and don't get a break till 10:30 so it can sometimes be a strech .......
  • AJs_mom
    AJs_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I still need to get my pictures done................ eeeek!
  • sweetiekayk
    Options
    My goal weight on this challenge is 139.4 but I'm really going to work hard to get smaller. My sister challenged me to get down to her size by the first day of summer. She is 19 and wears a size 5/7 and weighs 124lbs. At her age I was only 104lbs and wore what would now be around a 0 but then it was a 3. I think a size 7 is possible on this challenge. Started drinking extra water today and got a new exercise ball and gonna dig out my kids jump rope. No time for a gym for me. This is going to be fun. Especially because my sis doesn't think I can do it. Gotta prover her wrong.

2 lbs down....alot to go!
  • sweetiekayk
    Options
    I stuck my before pics on my fridge.....that has been a great way to keep me out of there especially when my kids want snacks or ice cream. I have to look at the pictures and then I don't feel tempted to have a snack myself.
  • erikaj819
    erikaj819 Posts: 123
    Options
    ugggg before pics are taken.................................... sports bra and workout pants. whorah! nothing like a 269 lbs in that to make your day look brighter!
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ugggg before pics are taken.................................... sports bra and workout pants. whorah! nothing like a 269 lbs in that to make your day look brighter!

at least you didi it! Way to go!
  • hildursg
    Options
    Thumbs up to those who have taken their pictures and extra thumbs up for those who stuck them on their fridge. I still don't feel comfortable in doing that.

I did take a big step though yesterday as I actually told somebody what I wanted my goal weight to be and how much I'd need to loose to get there. Thought that was much safer than to actually say what I weight! I am really wanting to stick to this as my dad just moved to Norway and will be back home to Iceland over Easter break and I'd love for him to notice some difference :)
  • hildursg
    Options
    Do you guys only weigh yourself once a week or every few days?
    I am trying to restrain myself from getting on the scale every day as I know that will not give an accurate picture of my weight.
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    I am trying to restrain myself from getting on the scale every day as I know that will not give an accurate picture of my weight.

I typically weight myself once a week. Usually on Saturdays. But I am changing that to Fridays because of weigh in day for the challenge! :)
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options

Only weight yourself once a week at most. (most people do it once a week because of challenges) Anymore than this is unnecissary and will probably just discourage you as your weight fluctuates from day to day and even week to week.
  • hildursg
    Options
    It's Friday and weigh in day :)
    This morning I was 81.8 kg / 180.3 lbs
    Meaning I have lost 1.5 kg / 2.7 lbs this week and have to say I am extremely happy with that as I had not been able to jump start my exercises. :wink:
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Way to go Hildursg! I weighed in at 169 this morning, meaning I have only lost 0.6 pounds. I think that I'll have a better number next week, because we went out to eat for my husband's birthday last night, and you can't exactly control the amount of salt they put in their food! I was pretty good on portion control, but the food was a bit on the salty side. Oh well--hopefully I'll have a big loss next week!

Overall a relatively successful first week of the challenge. I worked out every day and was mostly on target with my eating despite having houseguests all week and hubby's birthday--I'm glad that I have a loss rather than no change or a gain!! I'm raring to go for next week!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 269.4 20% loss: 53.8

Today's weight 264.8

Total Loss: 4.6 lbs

Total left to lose: 49.2

(My official weigh in is Monday, so that is when I'll update my sig and ticker)
  • sweetiekayk
    Options
    Started at 174lbs and weighed in at 171lbs this morning!
    I'm happy with that 3 lb loss in a week.
  • hildursg
    Options
    Great job ladies :)
    Think how much fun it will be in June when we reach our goals! I have actually never been this excited about loosing weight before.
    Way to go Hildursg! I weighed in at 169 this morning, meaning I have only lost 0.6 pounds. I think that I'll have a better number next week, because we went out to eat for my husband's birthday last night, and you can't exactly control the amount of salt they put in their food! I was pretty good on portion control, but the food was a bit on the salty side. Oh well--hopefully I'll have a big loss next week!

Overall a relatively successful first week of the challenge. I worked out every day and was mostly on target with my eating despite having houseguests all week and hubby's birthday--I'm glad that I have a loss rather than no change or a gain!! I'm raring to go for next week!
    I'd definitely be happy with a loss of 0.6 as any loss is a loss and something less you'll have to walk around with and sure does take you one step closer to your goal :)
  • martinez0701
    martinez0701 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself on the Wii this morning and it was at 164 which put me at 4lbs. I will see what the scale at school says today.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Weight this morning 196.5lbs, which I think is a loss of 0.5lb. A good start and I'm happy with it!