200+ Recommitting for the New Year!

Options

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Amy, I wear compression shorts, my favorite are under armour.. I like them because they hold me in and stabalize me what ever I'm doing, they have all different lengths...so gasp....i guess I don't really wear underwear per say.... :blushing: :blushing:
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Deb- I've been thinking about the compression shorts...thanks for the input! When I was in the Air Force, I could do 5 pull ups unassisted...my goal is to get back to that (of course, it may take me a few years)...good luck, it's a great goal!!!!

Kristina: *cracks whip* Get back on track girl! I'm so glad that Emma is doing well and that you guys are having fun together. It really does take some schedule re-arranging to do dog walks and work out. I do 2 30 min walks with my dog (one in the AM and one in the PM). Sometimes we do longer walks in the weekends. I loved the Girls with the Dragon Tattoo book AND movie. I thought the book might have had some extra not-necessary for the progression of the story stuff in it which was (thankfully) not in the movie but I REALLY enjoyed both of them. I haven't finished reading the series but I will...eventually. I'm currently plodding my way through The Hangman's Daughter (a historical fiction/suspense that takes place in the 1600's in Germany)...it's a good story but it has some slow parts.

_Sarah_ : Good job getting back on track! Keep moving forward!

Kendal: Does Backwards Day mean that I can start off the day by getting in bed and sleeping?? Cuz I'd be TOTALLY down with that. But if it means that I have to wear my clothes backwards a'la Kris Kross, it isn't gonna happen. LOL.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I am not doing weigh in this week. I am up. Grrr. I looked at my average numbers over the past 30 days and by numbers alone I "should" be losing weight...I know I shouldn't be looking at that, but it is annoying. I will hold out for these next two weeks on this challenge and keep things as is. However next challenge I am going to change my goals to losing only 1 lbs per week and look to incorporate more weight training into my work out, less cardio. That means I've got two more weeks to look for more bootcamp style-esque (like that word?) moves. I am digging the weights and bored with the cardio so somethings got to change.
    I am losing inches so thats good...I'd like just to really boost it next challenge. And I know that it usually takes a good 6-8 weeks of consistency before anything really starts to happen good so I am just in the beginning still even though it feels like I've been going forever right now lol.

Deb and Victoria - the more I hear about the BB and BM it makes me want to look into one too. Maybe that will be my reward in June for a six month thing. It would be good to have since I need to start running then to get ready for the Warrior Dash in September.
    Do you have to wear the thing on your arm or can you do your leg, etc?

Kristina - get going girl!! You can do it! Once you and Emma get into a good routine it will be easier.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Just a quick pop in during my lunch break to say "hi"!!! I did manage get my 6 miles in yesterday. 5 weeks down and 11 to go until the race. There was no surprise that sitting home all weekend I didn't burn many cal. I exercised an hour Sat and still only burned 2400 all day. Yesterday was worse with 2700 for all day and that includes the 6 mile run... Gotta run to see my 1:00 client.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Here's our weigh in chart for the week. Let me know if I missed you! I took off peeps who haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks in a row:

Kristina / 182.4 / 180.6 / 179.0 / 179.6 / PASS
    Amy / 220 / 215.6 / 215.6 / 215 / 213.2 (-1.8)
    Kim / 203 / 202 / ? / 200.5 / ?
    Kendal / 219.6 / 216.8 / 218.6 / 218 / 217.6 (-0.4)
    Sarah / 210.8/ 206.8 / 207.6 / 205.6 / 205.8 (+0.2)
    Karen / 266.8 / 263.1 / 261.1 / 258 / 256.6 (-1.4)
    Lacey / 210.8 / 208.6 / 206.4 / 206.6 / PASS
    Victoria / 189 / 187.25 / 188.0 / 190 / 189 (-1.0)
    Amber / 246 / 244.6 / 241.2 (-3.4) / ? / 240 (-1.2)
    Bethany / 188 / 184 / 190 / 187.6 / ?
    Debra / n/a / 216.8 / 215 / ? / 217.6 (+2.6)
    Sara / na / na / 212 / 208.6 / 204 (-4.6)
    hmfishy / na/ na / na / 238 / ?
    Sarahthes / na / na / na / na / 244 (-1.0)

This week's winner? SARA! *applause* *cheers* *twirls* with a 4.6 pound loss. I think I can speak for us all by saying, DANG GIRL! NICE!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Victoria - when you bought your new HRM did you look into the fitbit? I just started looking at these more upscale things and am on the fence about the fit bit. It is more of a general thing...but I might pick one up to try just to see.
  • sarabaumgarth
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!!! Well I made it out alive this morning! I woke up at 5 am with the hubby and got my workout in. It kicked my butt, but I am really glad I did it! I am going to finish the 6 week challenge on this dvd and then maybe try out this p90x stuff. You girls that run miles and miles, do p90x, and workout hard every day are amazing! PROPS TO YOU ALL!!!!

Hope you girls have a wonderful Monday! Keep up all the hard work!

Amy- Your LARGE coat is so FREAKING cute!!! You look really thin in that pic you posted! WAY TO GO!!!

Lacey- Glad your back is looking good! I wish my "back rolls" would go away! AMAZING GIRL!

Victoria- I mainly read about stuff that happen or could happen in real life. I really enjoy fictional history...that could be an oxymoron :) I don't have much of an imagination so I tend to pick books like that apart...movies too. I am prob the only person on the face of the earth who has never read one single page of a Harry Potter book. I was forced into reading the Twilight Saga by my bff and I still haven't finished the last book :) I just started Gone With the Wind the other day. I should prob join a book club so I could start to read some different stuff.

Kristina- Thanks for all the nice words...totally made my day! THANKS!!! Hope your new doggy is doing well. Don't get discouraged about working out...you are out moving and that is a MILLION times better then nothing at all...PLUS it is great bonding time with your new friend!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Whoa, this thread got busy today!

Today was a good day. I got in a ~40 minute workout and I worked my butt off. It was almost all lower body today (or so it felt anyway!) and I think my legs almost fell off.

Stayed under on my calories but I noticed that for the umpteenth day in a row I'm low on iron. Anybody have any suggestions other than eating more red meat or popping a multivitamin? I don't eat a lot of red meat generally, and I find when I take my multivitamin I end up going way over on a lot of the fat-soluble micronutrients (i.e. the ones the body stores instead of flushing out excess). I'd rather get what I need from natural sources.
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    sarathes~ raw spinach is a good source of iron. you could add some baby spinach to a salad. also these are som good suggestions: # Egg yolks
    # Dark, leafy greens (spinach, collards)
    # Dried fruit (prunes, raisins)
    # Iron-enriched cereals and grains (check the labels)
    # Mollusks (oysters, clams, scallops)
    # Turkey or chicken giblets
    # Beans, lentils, chick peas and soybeans
    # Liver
    # Artichokes

i had a pretty good day. work was long and hard but i ate good and ran around a lot. i wish i could write more but it is already midnight and i have to get up in 5 1/2 hours to take my dog to get spayed. good night all and great job this week!!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Victoria - when you bought your new HRM did you look into the fitbit? I just started looking at these more upscale things and am on the fence about the fit bit. It is more of a general thing...but I might pick one up to try just to see.

I looked at fitbit but decided the BodyBugg (BodyMedia - same thing) was more accurate. I decided to spend the extra money and just get the better one. BodyBugg is supposed to be 90% accurate and measures multiple things like temperature, sweat, Etc. It has something inside so that it measures steps taken. I love that it works with my iPhone so I get instant feedback. If I upload the info then press reset trip, exercise, then upload again, I can easily tell my workout cals. Or I can do the same thing if sitting to watch TV. I just love it. Spend the money and get the BodyBugg. 6 months free subscription on-line is included in the price.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Today is absolutely DRAGGING. It might have something to do with the grey weather we've had today and yesterday. And the fact that I've gotten work items that require a lot of extra steps so I'm not flying through them.

I did Core Syn last night. I have NO core strength. And now that Taylor isn't here, Lexi is spending that time with me (he was taking her into the bedroom with him while I worked out). She thinks that I'm in the floor to play with her. She dropped her rope toy on my face last night while I was doing the Banana/Superman move. I also kicked her a couple times while rolling over cause she was just too close (not hard, more like I bumped into her). It was so sad though, she sat looking at the back door, waiting for Taylor to come home for about an hour last night. :frown:

The scale still doesn't like me. I am still 218ish. BAH! I'm tired of being stuck! Maybe I should stop weighing myself till I'm done with p90x. As long as I keep up the exercise, I'm sure I'll be doing more good than harm.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Kendal - I joined a no weighing in February challenge yesterday. The group might have already fizzled out, lol, but I am going to stick to it for as long as I can. The scale sucks right now for me too, and I am going to bump up my weight training at the gym so there is absolutely NO use getting on the scale right now.
    In fact, I weighed yesterday at 207.7 (grrr) and then did a really good weight routine last night...got on the scale today 210.8 (double grrr and a few F U's thrown in for good measure). Not worth it. Keep going the way you are!

Victoria - right now I can't buy anything...have Vegas to pay for, and I'm sure that I will need some new clothes by then. Jeff needs new clothes too as he's dropped weight too. And G will need some spring clothes too..sigh...BUT in June for my six months of going strong if I'm still struggling with the scale I might get something then. And new running shoes too. I will have had mine for over a year at that point. And I need a new phone right now too. Boo.

As I mentioned up there..lol...I did a great work out last night. Got my HR way up again for the first time in a good week, did a great weights routine and was light headed at the end so that is good. Tonight I am going to do 45 minutes of cardio and sit in the sauna for some recovery.
    Next challenge, on top of increasing the weights, I am going to do longer work outs and more rest days. Maybe on on Sunday and one on Wednesday. I think my body needs more rest than I am giving it. GOtta get it all figured out soon don't I!

I've got a busy day ahead of me so I need to get going.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Lacey: I HATE when the scale goes up after a hard workout. Now, you know that it's water retention in your muscles and all that BS but it is sooooo irritating!!! Good job getting a great workout in. Just keep going the way you're going and the scale will HAVE to move (or I'll shoot it for you).

Kendal: I spend half of my workout time yelling at Sofie to get out of my way! She thinks that since I'm on the ground in "her space" that I MUST be there to play with her. She's kind of gotten used to the abuse I heap upon her during workout time and she mostly goes in and lays on my bed while grumbling annoyedly at me (she's a very vocal dog). So sad that she waited for Taylor to come home. When Travis was gone for his class, Sofie waited for him to come home EVERY DAY he was gone. It made my heart hurt that I couldn't explain to her where he was and when he was coming back.

Victoria: You've got me seriously feigning for a BodyBugg but I will hold out. What I'm doing right now seems to be working, I don't wanna go messing with it if it's isn't broken.

Amber: Hope your dog recovers from her surgery quickly!

Sarah: Way to get your workout on!

Today was Day 1 of Week 5 of P90X. I did my dog walk in the morning (it was f-f-freezing out there!) and did my 45 minute run on the treadmill (at a 13:00 pace) and later in the day I did my P90X Chest, shoulders & triceps +Ab RipperX. Freaking Tony Horton. This was the first time that particular DVD has come up in the rotation and I about died. He does this one-armed pushup crap and pushups with clapping and it was ROUGH! Just when I think I'm starting to get it, freaking Tony Horton puts me in my place.

Have a lovely day ladies!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Lacey- I like the idea of having a challenge of NOT weighing yourself. As someone who does it daily, that could be a real motivator to be sure I'm doing good so I wouldn't be disappointed at the end. Maybe that's what I'll do for the next challenge (other than my 30/60/90 check in days on P90X). I should focus on changes in my body and not be so focused on the scale.

Amy- Its amazing how much exercise you do in a day!! You rock!!! I don't look forward to those crazy push ups. I'm still doing girlie, on-my-knees-instead-of-my-feet pushups and I definitely don't see myself doing those kinds of pushups. Sometimes I worry that I'm not pushing myself hard enough because I'm not in pain the next day. I just hope I get decent results with this program. It will SUCK to think I've been doing fantastic for 3 months only to find out I maintained the whole time.

Weight Watchers has cheese wedges like Laughing Cow and I just had the jalapeno cheese on whole wheat ritz and O.M.G. it was SOOOO good!!! Finally!! A new taste! My lunches have become really bland. I need to read up on the P90X nutrition guide and see whats up with that.

And we are getting close to rolling over to a new thread!!!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Kendal: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cheese and crackers!!! LOVE them. LOVE them. I try to stay away from crackers on a regular basis as there is soooo much freaking sodium in them and sodium just seems to short circuit my scale (as does breathing the wrong way and turning it on) but I found a recipe on Foodgawker for home made triscuits that I am gonna try and then I will be back in cheese and cracker happiness land. I think not weighing yourself might keep you from getting frustrated. I don't actually have the ability to NOT weigh myself but I WISH I did. The first 3 weeks of P90X was agonizing as the scale did nothing but laugh in my general direction (and I swear, I saw it spit at me at least once). But now it's moving (....for now...). I'm absolutely CERTAIN that the scale won't stay stuck in the same place for ALL 90 days of P90X. And you WILL be amazed at how much stronger you get. I did the girlie pushups in the beginning and have no graduated (mostly) to pushups from my toes. I have gotten noticeably stronger and it's freaking awesome! Just stick with it, I'm positive that you'll be glad you did!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Work was really, really dull today. I was making statistical control charts for most of the day. Ugh. I could hardly move my legs either since yesterday's workout was almost all lower body.

I started a new workout program today and I'm thinking I might have to kick it up a notch or two. I found it a bit underwhelming in terms of intensity.

Hope nobody is getting buried alive in the big storm hitting central/eastern US and Canada!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    sarahthes- sadly, I am not getting any snow....just a bunch of rain :sad:

I had two epiphanies tonight during p90x.

1) my carpet is filthy....I should probably get a super power vacuum cause of all the dog hair. (the sad part is the carpet is only 2.5 years old...its not grimey, just lots of hair all over it)
    2) I can get Lexi to leave me alone if I let her up on the couch. :laugh: She's RARELY ever allowed on the couch but I put a little dog blanket underneath her and the only thing that moved for my hour of p90x was her tail.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Kendal the bissel pet hair cleaner vacuum for like $85 at Target kicks major *kitten*!! We love ours and it picks up hair like nobodies business.

Saranthes kick iT up a couple notches girl!!!! You can always dial it back if its too much.

Amy. Foooooooooodgaaaaaaawker. Did you see the post fo pancake muffins today??? So totally making those this weekend for the kids breakfast next week! Theres also a post for minestrone soup with a cheese dumpling that I am gonna make this weekend too.

I lerv lerv leave cheese!! I have to stop myself from ordering from gourmet.com every time I get an email from them. In fact I got a thing of brie for christmas as a present and I'm going to make it this weekend for stupor bowl. Not sure how though. Something good and tasty.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Happy Hump Day. *snicker*

I froze my *kitten* off on my morning walk with the dog AND she nearly knocked me on my butt to boot! It was a bit slippery out there and she yanked me off in whatever direction she wanted to go and I went sliding in to her - which freaked her out, so she jerked away even more. Somehow, I managed NOT to end up on my butt. Sometimes having a hundred pound dog is a pain.

I got my P90X Plyo workout in but I'm still sore from yesterday's shoulders/chest/triceps/abs workout. I also made the sauce for a vegetarian version of chilaquiles I saw in Vegetarian Times. Now my kitchen smells like Mexico and it's still quite a few hours until dinner! I'm trying to find more gluten-free vegetarian recipes that are tasty (tall order, I know) because my cousin will be coming out to visit sometime soon and he's a vegetarian with celiac disease so he can't eat gluten. I want to be able to offer him something more than a carrot to eat while he's here. If the chilaquiles recipe works out, it will be the first in my arsenal of vegetarian AND gluten free dishes.

Lacey: I :heart: Foodgawker soooooo much. Travis used to make fun of how often I was on the site but now HE has it bookmarked on HIS computer and regularly trolls it for goodies. HA, HA! OMG- when we lived in Monterey, I was addicted to a cheese shop in Carmel-by-the-sea. It was my happy place. The guys in there knew us by name and we tried just about every kind of cheese they had. SOOOOO good. I miss Monterey. :cry:

Kendal: I CANNOT get my carpet clean. I also realized this while trying to workout on it. I only have an area rug in front of the TV (the rest of the floors are some kind of laminate flooring). I vacuum that sucker EVERY freaking day and by the end of the day it looks like it's never seen a vacuum before. So I feel your pain. Dang double-coated monstrously huge dog! (That I love)

Sarahthes: Kick your workout up! The added intensity will pay off!!!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Morning Super Pal!! We only got 3 inches of white fluff. It sure makes the world look beautiful. I have an easy day today.

Kendal - love your epiphanies... Way to stick with P90X

Lacey - your food sounds wonderful and if I wasn't going to be in Vegas for the weekend eating great stuff, I'd be jealous.

Sarahthes - can you hold 1 or 2 pound hand weights (cans of soup) to kick it up a notch?

Amy - the Wheel for a whole min? WOWSA. I got up and tried it last night. I got there but could only hold it 10 sec.

Amber - hope the puppy came out of surgery in good shape.

Sara - You can always start your own bookclub. That's what we did because we wanted a laid back group.

Deb - good luck with the pull up. I don't think I'll ever do one without a chair to help.

Kristina - How does Emma like the snow? Give her a pet from me.