SWa Walking group - January Walk

Options

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I ended up doing 2 miles of the Walk Away 10 Pounds and tthen more walking outside since it was sunny yesterday.

Planning on giving the BL walk another shot today.

viggie--Good for you!

undercover--glad your back is feeling better. Take care of it!

I was able to find my account again at Walk Across America and got all caught up there. I don't know what happened but at least I didn't just disappear!

Lots of good luck wishes and prayers headed your way, Sandy. Hope the interviews goes well!

Looney--Planning a wedding is a lot of work--but fun, too! I also hope your PT is helpful!

Tracy--Spaghetti and meatballs--I haven't made that in AGES! Maybe I'll give it a shot in a couiple of days.

Constance--I know I'll have less time for formal exercise, too, when I go back to work on the 31st. My job is almost ALL walking, though I don't count it as exercise--I just raise my activity level.
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    undercover--glad your back is feeling better. Take care of it!

Thank you pmjsmom :)

Just finished another 5 miles tonight, while watching Chuck. Sometimes it is a bit hard to watch TV while running/walking, my shoes taps to loud against my floor :)

Have a great night!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    My final workout of the day was filling the wood rack. Took me 40 minutes. Supposed to hit -15 tonight.
  • Marymary2
    Options
    I'm new! What do I do to join the SWa Walking group?
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary, you don't have to do anything special. Just figure out what you'd like your goal to be for the remainder of the month and start walking! Then just check in here whenever you can. That's all there is to it. Welcome to the group and feel free to friend some of us to help you keep up with the thread! :flowerforyou:

I really appreciate everyone's encouragement about the interview. I really don't know if I even have one or not. I never heard back from the girl at the agency. She was trying to get the time changed to work with my lunch hour but it's looking like that was a no. So I'm going prepared tomorrow anyway but it may all be for nothing. I really hate interviews but at least it's made me get all my papers updated so I can persue my New Year's resolution to find a new job this year.

Regardless of what happens, I"m back to walking tomorrow! I've got to stop getting derailed over every little thing. I want to try the Chris Freytag workout again sometime this weekend now that my muscles have recovered.

Alice, 15 is tooooo cold but carrying wood has got to be a good workout and I've got my crib notes ready! lol

Happy walking everyone!
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi all..:happy:
    quick check-in,,,,
    I only did 3 miles today didn't quite make the 4 I planed on . but tomorrow I get to take half the day off work because I have to work all day saturday.... :grumble: So maybe I get the 4 or even 5 in.. but I have a lot to do around the home..... so We'll see, but I'm feeling better about reaching my goal this month

Keep walking all:bigsmile:
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!!

Just a quick peek in, ready to hit the bed early :yawn: . I did 1.5 miles this morning on the treadmill & The rest I just danced around the house for 30 minutes with 4 lbs weights, But that doesn't count for the miles walked I know :bigsmile: .

Good Night EveryONE!!!!! Have sweet dreams :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Morning all,

Nippy -16 this morning, I have 3.5 miles and a weight workout done! I feel good about that.

Sandra, good luck! I did not receive the walk list. Could send it again please?

Happy Friday, Alice
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Welcome Marymary :flowerforyou:

We trying to keep things interesting with the walking this week. Starting to go alittle nuts with the cold weather (negative 20 degrees with the wind chill) and being cooped up inside all the time. The only thing that made me go out today was we used the last roll of toilet paper...lol. Anyway I got in a good 4 mile walk today with ankle weights and dumbbells. I've got a feeling Im going to feel it tomorrow.

Looks like everyone is doing great! Have a good night!

Mariemarie :laugh:
  • sandara
    Options
    Welcome Marymary :flowerforyou:

We trying to keep things interesting with the walking this week. Starting to go alittle nuts with the cold weather (negative 20 degrees with the wind chill) and being cooped up inside all the time. The only thing that made me go out today was we used the last roll of toilet paper...lol. Anyway I got in a good 4 mile walk today with ankle weights and dumbbells. I've got a feeling Im going to feel it tomorrow.

Looks like everyone is doing great! Have a good night!

Mariemarie :laugh:

:laugh: Marie, It's amazing what we'll do when we run out of TP! I hope your not too sore tomorrow, but I know the exercising helps with cabin fever. But boy is it cold where your at. It was 58 degrees warmer here than where you are and I was cold!

Alice, I re-sent the list. Let me know if you don't get it and I'll send you my e-mail address or something.

Teresa, you should wear a pedometer while your dancing. You might be surprised how many steps your taking.

3 miles is great Constance, You've already got in 26.5 :happy:

Well today was disappointing, the girl from the agency never called me back so the interview didn't happen. I don't know what happened but I'm not going to worry about it. But it did make me want to get my job hunt geared up again so all is not lost.

I only had time for a 2 mile walk today so I did the WATP for abs again since it was already in the dvd player. I've got lots of errands to run tomorrow but I hope to get in at least one 5 miler this weekend and I need to hit the weights again too!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    got home late from work, and grabbed something for dinner and then I saw the red on the food chart :grumble: So I figured I would get a mile or 2 in and I got 3 miles in.... So not a totally wasted day :happy:
    Hoping to have a nice 5 mile workout tomorrow but we will see what it brings

First weigh in tomorrow since Christmas wish me luck
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Doing good today. I got in 5 fast miles this morning and on top of that walked a mile with all the trips to the mailbox and back to the house. The mail box is .1 miles from the gate and with all the trips back to the house for the police (someone tried to blow up mailbox last night) So a total of 6 miles today :laugh:

Not much loss on the weigh in but measured myself this morning and I am pretty happy with the results
    waist 3 inches
    hips 4 inches
    thighs 1 inch
    arms 1 inch
    Go away hips go away LOL
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I got in 3 miles today and i didn't log in the 1 mile for thursday. So my sticker is correct now.
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello !!!!!!!!!

Boy!! today was sooo gloomy, dark clouds all day with a little coolness in the air 70 degree's with the wind, It looked like it was going to pour raining all day. I went on a job interview today & got the job. I clean houses for a living ( ugh :grumble: ), I was looking to get into something different, but since I've been doing it for 13 yrs, I got the job easliy. So Now I'm working 4 days a week, whoo hooo :tongue: stinks LOl. Not what I want, but its a living for now. So after I got the miserable job, I actually forced myself to take my beach walk in today. So I walked 4.24 miles today.

Sandy, Thanks for that idea, I will try that next time :wink:

Leslie, WOW!!! Awesome Workout walking to the mailbox

Viggie, Thats fantastic, 2 more miles and your at your goal ( NICE)))))
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,265 Member
    Options
    I love the walking workout on Leslie Sansone's Walk It Off and Tone It Up 5 mile DVD. I finished 4 miles today and the 4th mile was my favorite for movement even though I was getting really tired. I changed my ticker to reflect 2 months length of time, but I'm aiming for 50 miles per month. 28 done and 22 to go for the January challenge. :smile:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted in a while and am trying to catch up!

Sandy--I'm sorry about your interview not happening but I'm sure there is a job just for you out there somewhere. Keep looking.

Mary--Welcome to the group! We're pretty informal so just jump right in.

Leslie--GOOD FOR YOU! Losing all those inches is impressive!

viggie--I really admire your dedication (that goes for all of you, BTW).

Everyone is doing so well and I feel like a lazy slacker! I haven't done a real walking workout since Thursday and even then I didn't do the one I planned on doing!

Part of the problem is that I keep getting interrupted by other members of the household. So I have rearranged my room to give me enough space to do most of my videos comfortably. I hope that will help.

The rest of the problem is just me--I am tired of all this gray weather. It's not very cold (at least, not compared to the temperatures some of you are having) but it has been SO VERY dreary for SO LONG!! I need some sunshine!

I don't think I will meet my goal for the month but I am going to try!
  • sandara
    Options
    I slacked yesterday, just did the shop away the pounds workout! :laugh: I walked all over the mall looking for earrings for my mom's birthday and just tried on all kinds of stuff from the clearance racks. I didn't buy anything but had fun trying on everything. It's kind of a readjustment learning what styles I like and can wear now.

Jrbanta, I've never seen the Leslie Sansone's Walk It Off and Tone It Up 5 mile DVD, I'll have to try and find it. I'm ready for some new stuff.

Thanks Kathy and I hope your weather clears up soon. We've got more cold and flurries in the forecast but I don't think it will turn into anything like we had a couple of weeks ago.

I think everyone has passed me on the Walk across America and Marie has left us all in her dust! (cough, cough) WTG Marie!

Today I did the 5 fat burning mile workout and I really should go hit the weights. I"m still trying to talk myself into it but I'm not listening real well right now.

Back to work tomorrow! I hope you all have a great Monday wherever your day takes you.
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    4.5 miles today and a weight workout.:happy:

Sandra that list is not coming through.:grumble:
  • sandara
    Options
    4.5 miles today and a weight workout.:happy:

Sandra that list is not coming through.:grumble:

Alice, I sent you another message without the list. Let me know if you don't get it! I don't know why it's not working.:huh:
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fellow Walkers.

Weekend check-in... I tried a new tape this week, Walk Your Belly Flat, 3 mile; it's a good one! I like the power boost (had seen a few of you post about the boosts, but this is the first I've seen it). I also tried The Firm, but didn't fare so well. The trainer goes a bit too fast for me, so I'll have to keep trying until I get the hang of it. One good thing, though, is that she uses a lot of the same moves that LS uses in her walks. I thought I'd try The Firm to work on my arm jiggle, but it's actually more of an ab/cardio workout. Any ideas for workouts that target the arms? I don't want to bulk up, but would like to tone up. Thanks!

Sandy, I did get the list via the message; thanks (not sure why it isn't going through for Alice). Also, hope your job interview went well. When did they say they would be making a decision?

Luney, congrats on your daughter's upcoming wedding. There's some motivation for you!

Welcome, Mary!

Leslie and Sandy, I see that you are both close to making your goals; congrats!

Make it a healthy week, everyone!:bigsmile:

exercise.png