SWa Walking group - January Walk

Options

Replies

• AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    2 miles elliptical and freeform powerwalk hybrid. All done for today I think. My knee still does not like the elliptical!
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi all,

Did 3 miles today again but on the treadmill instead.

Alice I love doing the elliptical..... don"t have one, but when I have access I try to take advantage if it. Its suppost to be easer on your knees...
    On my walk across Am. I'm black too.. and my numbers are
    Me 34.5
    SandraF 34
    MariaS 36.5
    Teresa 2
    Kathy27.
    LeslieT 32.

We are all close together Teresa. Im not sure why your not moving.. maybe I have the wrong Teresa???? I noticed that when you start and add friends the sight adjusts everyones miles so you all start at the same place at zero for that person. So if someone where to start today and add us all there sight would put us all at 0 for there sight so. I'm having fun with it..

Have a great night all :flowerforyou:
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Already at my goal, but I did do a mile yesterday. I got my grandboys today and I plan to get them to walk with me. Have a good day everyone.
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Well got 3 miles in this morning now I have to go shopping, you know one of these days i should get a pedometer
    Have a wonderful day
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Here are the numbers I have:

KathyR 53.0 mi
    MarieS 58.5 mi
    TeresaS 24.0 mi
    SandraE 54.0 mi
    ConnieJ 56.5 mi
    LeslieT 57.0 mi

To be honest, I don't know if I will keep it up after I go back to work next week. If I can find it on my phone I might but I won't have as much computer time and I'd rather come here!:happy:

I did the 2 mile AHA Walk and got outside for at least a mile yesterday. I plan on getting out again today as we have sunshine! We don't seem to get much of that around here lately.

Have a good day and keep walking!
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Business meeting this a.m. so no wolking yet.:frown:
    My knee itself is not hurting, not the joint, it is the muscles behind my knee and in the top of my calf. Elliptical just tightened them all up, so back to the power walk. I do love my elliptical!

Glad to see you all making such great progress. Walk, walk, walk!
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    Checking in before I head upstairs for the boys' nighttime routine. I did 3 miles today. My toe is sore though so I think I might need new shoes again. They sure don't seem to hold up with all this walking and I'm too cheap to buy a new pair of shoes every 3 months-too poor also :ohwell:

Hope eveeryone has a good night.
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Only 2.5 miles today. Crazy, crazy, day.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Midweek check-in...

MFK - Welcome! Like you, I started using the Walk Away the Pounds series because I didn't want anything too strenuous. I was (and am) so out of shape that I needed something I could do without feeling defeated and/or giving up. I'm happy to say I've stuck with a walking routine since last July, and when I found this group in October, my miles really increased. It's a great way to stay motivated and to give and get support.

Viggie - Congrats on making your goal for the month.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

exercise.png
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Good morning! :drinker: 76 minutes in this a.m. 4.5 miles + weights.
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    GoodMorning!

I don't have time this morning, I'm starting a new Job today. Just got in 1.5 treadmill And 1/2 hour Danceing around the house :blushing: .

I realized that on the WALK ACROSS AMERICA, when You add a new person, You either go back to the beginning or the other person starts where your at. Either WAy it didn't make sense, because I'm the only one moving on my Trail. So obviously it was when i deleted the extra (ME) OUT.
    I'm wondering If I start over again & delete this Teresa out, will i bring all you back to the beginning or do I sTART WHERE YOUR aT?? I don't want to mess anybody Up. Me, I don't care about starting where your AT. but it doesn't make sence, because your all at different levels. if I started up, I think it would mean we all go back to the beginning. I GUESS I"LL LEAVE IT ALONE. :grumble:

EVERONE HAVE A WONDERFULLY BLESSED DAY!
  • tracyts
    Options
    Good morning all! Hope everyone's morning is off to a great start. Mine certainly was as my 8-year-old came int this morning, snuggled under the covers with me and told me I'm the best mommy in the world before we had to get moving and ready for work and school. I know these days are numbered as he's getting older and is less inclined to big showing displays of affection, which make these moments all the more special. With that as the start to my day, I know it's going to be a great day :bigsmile:

Alice - Congrats on far surpassing your goal! That's awesome and I find it inspiring. It's also only 10:30 here and I'm anxious for my 2:00p walking class. 2:00p - Hurry up and get here already :laugh:
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Took my grandson out for a LONG walk yesterday. Stopped by work and made sure our binder was still there and talked to some of the employees. Also stopped to pick up a few groceries. Then home again. I have checked the mileage for this walk as I have walked it a lot and so I know it is almost 4 miles but my pedometer showed only 1480 steps! I just changed the battery so maybe I need to reenter my stride measurement or something! I'll check it later.

Have a good day, everyone!

(Tracy--My kids are all grown up and I sure do miss the 'cuddly' days! Thank goodness Isaac is only 7 months old and LOVES to cuddle!)
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Haven't done any DVD's for the past week. Last weekend I was superbusy with a huge event at work, where I stood, ran, carried boxes and danced (!) for 14 hours every day. We currently have the World Championship of mens handball right in my hometown, in an arena 10 minutes from my house, and I've been there twice this week. I was so set to work out yesterday but I was kind of worn out and fell asleep for 4 hours when I got home from work. Today I finally had some hours for myself and I popped in the 5 mile walk and watched Biggest Loser (why was it a short episode?) and The Big Bang Theory. Feels great now.

Hope you all are having a great week!
  • tracyts
    Options
    Checking back in after doing my afternoon class. We did 3 Fast Miles and then spent about 15 minutes figuring out why that tape seems easier than the Flatten Your Belly Walk that we did yesterday. I wore my HRM and I burned less calories today also, but still a good burn. At least I'm 3 more miles closer to my goal (ticker not updated) and my tennis shoes are 3 miles older :happy:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Sorry I've been AWOL for a couple of days. I've had to work late but I'll be back this weekend!

Keep on walking! :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    3.5 miles and weights this a.m. HappPPpppPPpppPPpppPPpppPPppy Friday!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    :grumble: I got NO walking in yesterday, though I did get my strength training done. It turned out to be one of those 'constantly being interrupted' kind of days.
    It looks like it is going to be another nice day so maybe I'll walk outside today. I still don't know why my pedometer isn't counting my steps and I can't find the manual so I'll have to find it online. Luckily I have done enough walking in my neighborhood to know the distances.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Well I will be short my 50 mile goal for this month. Being sick and busy in the past week interfered with getting my exercise in. Hopefully I can log some miles this weekend.:ohwell:
  • tracyts
    Options
    Kathy: Enjoy the weather. I lived up in the Pac. NW for 10 years so I know how rare those days are this time of year.

Got in my 4 Mile Challenge this afternoon. I've decided those tapes without the boosts are almost harder than the ones with because they are longer. But I know my endurance is getting better because I'm getting through them :smile:

I'm setting a goal of logging in and checking in over the weekend as that's been a big downfall for me. So hopefully you'll see me tomorrow and Sunday - if not, please give me grief on Monday :happy: Happy weekend all!