They forgot my birthday

Options
Mikkimeow
Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
Today, of all days on this Earth, is my day of birth. The day that many celebrate with dancing and fountains of wine. Yet, upon arriving to my office today, there was no cake, no cards, not one streamer, and exactly zero "Felix Cumpleanos" renditions. Imagine my surprise, since it is quite customary for a certain amount of hullabaloo to occur when other employee's dates of birth come to be. I jokingly asked my boss if he had hidden my cake somewhere, to only realize with horror that he had no idea that it was my birthday. In fact, no one did. And when I gently asked for a long lunch because a friend wanted to take me out for my birthday, he waved me away like a passing fly.

And here we are, folks. Me, with all the butthurt in the world. Contemplating leaving work early and buying myself an icecream cake from Dairy Queen, and splitting it with my toddler in a mountain of self pitying tears. Do I tell myself to buck up, or do I ask why every one else gets at least some sort of recognition for their birthday? Please tell me how many levels of spoiled brat I am being.

resized_awkward-family-photos-meme-generator-they-forgot-my-birthday-i-forgot-to-call-911-7de5be.jpg

Replies

• George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    My birthday was last Monday. My own mother still hasn't called me.

I'm_winning.gif
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I think it is natural to be upset if they usually do something for everyone else..... But any excuse to sit around and eat an ice cream cake alone sounds great to me...
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Leave early, come to my house, and the ice cream cake will be ready and waiting.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    funny-happy-birthday-memes-for-girls--330x500.jpg
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Oh. And just break up.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Also, is it possible that they don't recognize you with your face like that?
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    My birthday was last Monday. My own mother still hasn't called me.

I'm_winning.gif

My mother hasn't called me in about 5-6 years, for birthdays or anything else. I win!
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Also, is it possible that they don't recognize you with your face like that?

That is quite possible that my clay mask is confusing them as to whom this strange creature is grunting about cake in Mikki's office.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I prefer that no one knows it's my birthday.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    i feel like women care about birthdays so much more than men.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My mother is the only one that ever remembers it. Then again, I don't care if anyone else remembers it anyway. I just buy myself something and eat a massive cheat meal. lol
  • abear007
    abear007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not sure why, but I just as soon people at work not know or recognize my birthday in any way. I'd feel weird if they did. As for family members, I'm good with just a text message or a post on Facebook - don't really care much for cards. One tradition we do have is that each of us gets to pick a restaurant to eat at on our birthday. I do like that!
  • ellenshu615
    ellenshu615 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Take the high road and act like it's no big deal. Keep going on your path to self-improvement. THEN, down the road when you are feeling beautiful and super self-confident, start interviewing for another job. Everything happens for a reason ... maybe the Universe wants to remind you there are much better opportunities and colleagues in your future! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    At work....

ok.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Maybe there will be a big end of the day surprise!

giphy.gif
  • Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    zero cares given.

seriously.....

I work in a school....so September is our "new year" and everyone's all happy and we've bought cake for the birthdays in the office this month (like always)

but come April, (my birthday) there will be nothing, exactly like the past years, because the enthusiasm has died down, people are busy, and we all just want to get stuff done and outta here...

it's your job, they don't pay you to be butthurt, they pay you to work. If you wanna be butthurt by all means do so.

But it's only hurting you and your mood. Personally I'm glad they miss mine, I hate all that frou frou

edited for language.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I have this weird feeling around my birthday and try to see how long I can go without people noticing at work. I feel like I'm winning the longer it goes, like I have a special secret. And then someone will out my secret and it will be awkward for a minute and then it's nice. So I feel good either way? I'm strange.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Get over it!!!
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    This is why I always take my birthday off...