They forgot my birthday

Options

Replies

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I would have been grateful they forgot mine... all my work does is buy you cupcakes, cookies, and a cookie cake. Like i need that... they buy it because they want to eat the junk. I've asked numerous times to have a veggie plate instead.... or nothing at all.

***my youngest sons birthday is 2 days before Christmas and we always have a special specific party for his birthday. We have had people show up with presents wrapped in Christmas paper.... we kindly remind them that this is a birthday party while handing them birthday paper and showing them into the next room to rewrap the gift.

Ummm. NO.

BTW - there are times that I wrap birthday presents in Christmas paper IN JULY. It's. Just. Paper.

BTW BTW - my eldest son's birthday is 2 weeks before Christmas. When people would show up with presents wrapped in Christmas paper, it never even occurred to me to care. My reaction was more wishing that he wouldn't rip it when he opened his gifts so that I could reuse it. He is now 20, and by all appearances is a nice and well adjusted young man. Perhaps it did no damage? Maybe I'll ask him, just to be sure that he's not scarred.

I went two years wrapping all presents I gave for those two years in Spiderman Christmas paper. It was awesome and didn't cause anyone any mental damage or butt hurt. The majority of my family's birthdays are in friggen December and we have a rule that just because it's on or near a holiday (my one sister's birthday is Valentine's Day) you can't combine presents. So I have to get presents for in December:

My oldest sister
    My Dad
    My nephew
    And I USED to have to get a present for my brother in law, who is the hardest person on Earth to shop for, but thankfully my sister is divorcing him.

Then Christmas presents for everyone. If anyone complained to me about their birthday presents being wrapped in Christmas paper, they would be reciving their present rectally.

[thatescalatedquickly.gif]

Well they shouldn't complain about the paper. It's paper! Just be happy they got them something.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :heart: :heart:

And as a side note I always take my birthday off.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    My birthday was last Monday. My own mother still hasn't called me.

I'm_winning.gif

My mother hasn't called me in about 5-6 years, for birthdays or anything else. I win!

Sorry but that was a short win for you. Not spoken to mine since 1988. I win. ????
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

I'm_winning.gif

My mother hasn't called me in about 5-6 years, for birthdays or anything else. I win!

Sorry but that was a short win for you. Not spoken to mine since 1988. I win. ????

I was adopted, my mother hasn't called me... ever. Win?
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I would have been grateful they forgot mine... all my work does is buy you cupcakes, cookies, and a cookie cake. Like i need that... they buy it because they want to eat the junk. I've asked numerous times to have a veggie plate instead.... or nothing at all.

***my youngest sons birthday is 2 days before Christmas and we always have a special specific party for his birthday. We have had people show up with presents wrapped in Christmas paper.... we kindly remind them that this is a birthday party while handing them birthday paper and showing them into the next room to rewrap the gift.

Ummm. NO.

BTW - there are times that I wrap birthday presents in Christmas paper IN JULY. It's. Just. Paper.

BTW BTW - my eldest son's birthday is 2 weeks before Christmas. When people would show up with presents wrapped in Christmas paper, it never even occurred to me to care. My reaction was more wishing that he wouldn't rip it when he opened his gifts so that I could reuse it. He is now 20, and by all appearances is a nice and well adjusted young man. Perhaps it did no damage? Maybe I'll ask him, just to be sure that he's not scarred.

I went two years wrapping all presents I gave for those two years in Spiderman Christmas paper. It was awesome and didn't cause anyone any mental damage or butt hurt. The majority of my family's birthdays are in friggen December and we have a rule that just because it's on or near a holiday (my one sister's birthday is Valentine's Day) you can't combine presents. So I have to get presents for in December:

My oldest sister
    My Dad
    My nephew
    And I USED to have to get a present for my brother in law, who is the hardest person on Earth to shop for, but thankfully my sister is divorcing him.

Then Christmas presents for everyone. If anyone complained to me about their birthday presents being wrapped in Christmas paper, they would be reciving their present rectally.

YES!!!! LOL!!
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everyone's but mine gets aknowledged, and yeah it sucks. When I turned 30 several of them talked about making a big deal about it...day came and went and nada. I have seen offices and cubicals decorated around here and nothing for me. Same happened where I used to work. My bday is right by Thanksgiving so even if it is realized that they missed it they always have the excuse that "oh it was around the holiday, that's why". Whatevs! I think it's crap.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options

Ummm. NO.

When my husband asks me what I want for my birthday, I tell him "it really doesn't matter, just don't wrap it in Christmas wrapping paper." Again, my birthday is a few days before Christmas and while I was not "scarred" I would like to feel like my birthday is different from Christmas.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Nobody remembered mine today either.....
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I take the whole week of my birthday off, not just to avoid the whole office birthday crap, but it is a nice side affect.

They always seem so forced. There's rarely cake (ironically), but a lot of other food/donuts/chips/the occasional veggie tray.

Plus, there are people in our office who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom, so I'm not eating food they brought in from home. Just sayin. :sick:
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options

I'm_winning.gif

I was adopted, my mother hasn't called me... ever. Win?

You win for having a mom who adopted and loves you. That's a huge win. Be sure to thank her today!
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'll be going through the same thing on Friday. I have signed countless birthday cards for others in this building when their special day occurs. I finally stopped signing cards. When someone asked me why I wasn't signing, I told them straight out..."I have never gotten a card from you people on MY birthday....not in 25 YEARS of working here so WHY would I sign someone else's"? If you can't do it for everyone, don't do it at all" (I know there are others in my building that haven't gotten birthday recognition and it stinks!)

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Enjoy your day how ever YOU choose. If it's by eating an ice cream cake, go ahead and do it. No regret. Better yet, stop by a bakery and buy cupcakes or a cookie to share with your toddler. Then there's not a bunch of ice cream cake sitting in your stomach....or calling your name from the freezer.

I hope you get to enjoy the long lunch, or that your boss at least got off his duff and bought you a cake :)
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    i feel like women care about birthdays so much more than men.

Lies......all lies. If I forget my husband's birthday he freaks out!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Bump---because I'm a Christmas baby too, and almost everyone forgets, even though I make an effort to remember them. :sad:
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I am the complete opposite. I have asked my workplace not to buy the tradiional cake and have a work celebration for my birthday as I don't enjoy this. I am happy when they all forget.

Happy Birthday to you
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Nobody remembered mine today either.....

2014-09-22_12_58_29_zpsyelbwcav.gif

^ he gets a heart cuz we've been friends FOREVER!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

lolololol

NO.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Only my sister remembers mine...and that is only because we are twins.

On another note, my 3 year old told me that his birthday is exactly one month after Jesus' (He's 1/25) Didn't know he knew that much about Jesus. Daycare must have told him. Now I can say that at least my kids have a passing acquaintance with God. My sisters kids are godless heathens.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My husband celebrates a "birthday week" in which he thinks he should get special treatment for 7 days... that is usually not reciprocated, mostly because I tell him that there is no such thing as a birthday week... so I can't complain too much.

I'm sorry they forgot your birthday. I do kind of think the office birthday sentiments are forced and awkward. You should get a special treat to share with your daughter, and remember (if you can) the fun you had on Friday night!

c87d1087b7243cdbd9e14098ea87d0dc.jpg
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

While I can understand the thought behind this I'd be a little aggravated if I had to rewrap a present just because you didn't want it in the Christmas paper. Actually I take that back. I'd probably take the paper and just rewrap the gift over the Christmas paper. I'm sure your son would know the gift was for his birthday and not Christmas because you're singing 'happy birthday' and not saying Merry Christmas.
  • Sharonmdenham
    Sharonmdenham Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    F - it.
    Life is too short for self pity. :)

I totally agree! I want to add something here also, you are on MFP to lose weight not to go eat ice cream cakes with your toddler. Those people at work did you a favor by not bringing up your birthday. This way a big lunch and the obligatory cake are not in the picture. Find the positives in life and you will win all you set out to do!