Replies

• poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am at 221.5

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Awww, no change for me, but it's TOM so I'm hoping there is some water retention happening and that I'll see a significant loss next week :) This is my first time not budging in a while, so I'm not surprised!

Cooked pinto beans for the first time from dry instead of from a can. Wow, I didn't realize soaking and cooking would take so long - started them last night, lol.

Made a yummy chili in the crock pot though, and had it for dinner. Nice to have it not from a can, no sodium :)
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I did my frist beans from dry soup last week. It really took a long time for the beans but the soup was really good and the loss of sodium was supper nice. I have been a soup flop for the most part. However my bean soup turned out really good with lots of veggies.
  • digitalnurse
    Options
    I have lost 3 lbs this week. Now at 157. Feeling more energetic :)
  • debbieboylan
    Options
    count me in on this challenge need some good recipes
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    weighing in at 319 this morning!
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Starting weight as of the 1st: 172 pounds
    Current Weight: 170.8 Pounds (Total weightloss of 1.2 pounds)

I am very shocked at these results this week because i used a brand new scale that we bought, i also was worried because i had a really bad day on my diet on tuesday. But i really came back strong in the end. All in all, i am very proud of myself because i made it through week 1 of P90X and still had weightloss. Congratulations to all the weightloss this week
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 170. I'm hoping I don't bounce back up after being sick but I'm trying to stay right in my calorie range. I made myself get out for walks all week. So 2 pounds down since start weight Jan 1 of 172.

Goal by St. Pat's is 160. Can I do it?

Going to try to find a yummy recipe for squash soup to make tonight. I find if I have a decent soup in the fridge it helps a lot at lunchtime. Anything canned is too high in sodium.

2040688.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Alright! Here's our weigh in chart for the week :)
    It looks like we've still got some people not checking in - let's stick with it guys! Just over 2 months to go; don't give up now!
    New people, if you didn't check in for this first week, I haven't added you to the chart, so just let us know you're still here if you want in on the group.

01/07/2011 30 lbs By St Patrick’s Day Group

Aholtz1 – 207 | 205.2 (-1.8)
    Blackchick38 – 235 | 234 (-1)
    Brenott – 225 | 219.7 (- 5.3)
    Digitalnurse – 157 | (-3)
    Esorcel – 151 | (-1)
    Etrnltrust – 213
    Golfbrew – 183.6 |
    Husstler – 242.3 | 239.3 (-3)
    Jbqueen – 183 | 181 (-2)
    Justinswife - 181.5 | 177.6 (-3.9)
    Klwa - 162.8 | 155.6 (-7.2)
    Life1979_24 - 272.5 | 267.2(-5.3)
    Lilysmommy1120 – 188 |188
    Lindakp83 – 211.6
    Loveme445 – 188.5 | 186.8 (-1.7)
    Mbodine – 211.4 |209 (-2.4)
    Mrmarler – 173 | 171.4 (-1.6)
    Nataliemra - 215
    Pandy123 – 161
    Poeticpurl – 224| 221.5 (-2.5)
    S_krapf – 186.8
    Sarina87 – 172 | 170.8 (-1.2)
    Shaunadroddy – 215
    Sheilabennett – 183 | 181.2(-1.8)
    Supernonna – 180 | 173.9 (-8.1)
    Tanya 761 – 196
    xTattooedDollx - 275
    Themommie – 216 | 208 (-8)
    Velvetechos - 229 | 224.6 (-4.4)
    Walkinggirl1985 – 189.6 | 191.6 (+2)
    Ymamyma - 325.2 | 319 (-6.2)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'd love to join. My CW is 192.8lbs (down34.8lbs from 12/14/2010), my end goal is 150.

I'll set my 3/17 goal for say: 184lbs.

So...

SW-227.6lbs (12/14/2010)
    CW-192.8lbs (1/8/2011)
    GW-184lbs (3/17/2011)
  • sarina87
    Options
    Just Finished W1D2 Cardio X of P90X

I am drenched and gross and the sick part about it is that i am loving it. Last week when i did cardio x, i sweated but was not drenched. This week i can tell that i remembered the moves and really brought it. My Dreya rolls are even getting better but there still pretty sloppy. I really think this week is gonna be a good week for me. Also, yesterday when i did core synergistics i used a resistance cord and boy was that crappy, i got more of a burn using my weights. Kind of a bummer.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    So, I've run 29 miles this year so far, and have been under my calorie count everyday, and have not lost any weight!! :( That's it hahahhaha Cross your fingers for me if you could, for my weigh in tomorrow morning :)
  • s_krapf
    s_krapf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 185.6 for the week! Down just a little bit, but liked the switch to a fruit and veggie lunch! I think that made the difference, first week back to work it was difficult to add exercise to the routine working such long days!
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend! I did. I worked out on Saturday, but then ate pretty badly. Tried to make up for it on Sunday, but i didn't have time to train. But I am not terribly worried about it!

Just wondering what the challenges for this week are, I am PUMPED!!!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Challenge time!!!

Sodium and prepackaged foods go hand in hand! Also, relying on these quick fixes prevents us from trying out new recipes and healthier foods :)

I know asking a whole week without them is a bit much - so my challenge for us is to go at least one full day without using a packaged item at a meal. That means, dairy, veggies, fruits, grains, and meats.

By packaged I mean already prepped - heat and eat stuff. Obviously things like yogurt, or boxes of pasta noodles (but a frozen pasta with sauce on is exactly what I'm referring to!), or whatever are not what I'm referring to :)

Let's get acquainted with our kitchens! Post here what you ate, recipes are appreciated as well!

Exercise challenge - try out something new this week, be it a dvd, kettle bells, resistance bands, something you've never done. You can find plenty of youtube videos of moves as well. Try the new workout at least three times, you never know, you might like it, and incorporate it into your normal workout schedule :)
  • sarina87
    Options
    Today I did the excersise challenge

I Just finished W1D3 Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X of the P90X program

Today i switched from my 5 pound weights to a resistance cord and it wasn't that great. I barely got any resistance on the "Two Arm Tricep Kickbacks", "Static Arm Curls", "Flip Grip Twist Kickbacks", and "Crouching Cohen Curls". I ended up switching to my 10 pound weights and writing a note about it in my book. On Ab Ripper X, I can definately tell that i am getting stronger. I still can't hit the 25 reps that they want, but i can do a couple reps with proper form. Around 8 at a time than a 10 second break, sometimes 5. I am very excited about yoga coming up.
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Today I did the excersise challenge

I Just finished W1D3 Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X of the P90X program

Today i switched from my 5 pound weights to a resistance cord and it wasn't that great. I barely got any resistance on the "Two Arm Tricep Kickbacks", "Static Arm Curls", "Flip Grip Twist Kickbacks", and "Crouching Cohen Curls". I ended up switching to my 10 pound weights and writing a note about it in my book. On Ab Ripper X, I can definately tell that i am getting stronger. I still can't hit the 25 reps that they want, but i can do a couple reps with proper form. Around 8 at a time than a 10 second break, sometimes 5. I am very excited about yoga coming up.

Nice work!!! I really want to try P90X, it seems to give AMAZING results. I've still got a very clingy young one though, so I tend to get my workouts in 15min intervals throughout the day right now (2-3 times for a total of 30-45min workout a day) plus walking as much as possible (more often when it isn't winter! ugh!) :) She's 13months old, and she'll probably start playing a bit more independently closer to age 2, I think, so I foresee trying it out this year hopefully!

I did start the exercise challenge today though! I did the Ab Attack workout on this dvd http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Solution-Blasting-Dance/dp/B000GEIRAK
    I'd previously done the leg and thigh routine and the general cardio workouts on here, but abs aren't something I've often targeted, since I figured I should lose some more pounds before they matter too much, lol. It was really fun! I don't own the dvd, but it's one of the ones available through Netflix streaming, so I have a couple favorites I view through my Wii.
  • velvetechos
    Options

I did start the exercise challenge today though! I did the Ab Attack workout on this dvd http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Solution-Blasting-Dance/dp/B000GEIRAK
    I'd previously done the leg and thigh routine and the general cardio workouts on here, but abs aren't something I've often targeted, since I figured I should lose some more pounds before they matter too much, lol. It was really fun! I don't own the dvd, but it's one of the ones available through Netflix streaming, so I have a couple favorites I view through my Wii.

Oh! For anyone that does try that dvd out, the first time I did it, I HATED it, the dance moves go a little quick in the first two workouts on it, but I gave it another shot, and now that I'm a bit more familiar with the moves on it, it's one of my favorites! So, don't get discouraged if you try it out and she seems to be going kind of fast :)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Weighed in friday at 188.4. Will weigh in this friday, and give my results next monday. :happy:
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    hi every one
    last night i found netflix workout vids and tried a couple out. it was great.
    fyi i wont be on much. i have a busy week to prepare me and my house for my un-planed trip to texas for two weeks. i will weigh in friday leave sat. i will miss one weigh in because i wont have a scale. i will have online but i'm not sure ill make it on much. cross your fingers for me, i will be staying with a foodie. i will have very little control over my time and diet when i am there.