St Patty's Day Challenge - January 2011 Thread

Options

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    weighed in this morning at 207, lost 1lb this week. I did walking and wii fit plus this week
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The hosp stuff was not to bad. We are at home recovering now. It was planned...as well as these things get planned.

But now we are home and I am trying to eat good while still feeding my patient things they want to eat. SO far it is working out ok.

My weigh in is 220.7 so a little loss.
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 173 today, which means i put on two pounds, it is my time of the month and I am downing water like a mad woman! Starting a new program for next week since I now have a job, Starting to get up at 5:15 so that I can get the workout in first thing in the morning!
  • klwa
    klwa Posts: 61
    Options
    154.7 this morning. Down .9 for the week, and 8.1 since the beginning. I'm a *little* disappointed because I actually weighed less yesterday (yes, I weigh every day. It helps me stay motivated.), but at least I'm still on a downward trend. (Smile) Challenging week ahead, so we'll just see how it goes!
  • JessRN10
    JessRN10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A little late to the challenge...but better late than never- right? Anyway, my CW is 161 and my goal weight by St. Patricks Day is 140 that is 21 pounds. My obstacles right now are studying for the state board exam for my RN license. I must devote the next 11 days to studying...then i start working Feb 7th. I am ready to get this weight off!!
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    was.............267.2
    current 266.4
    down .08 i guess it progress
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    154.7 this morning. Down .9 for the week, and 8.1 since the beginning. I'm a *little* disappointed because I actually weighed less yesterday (yes, I weigh every day. It helps me stay motivated.), but at least I'm still on a downward trend. (Smile) Challenging week ahead, so we'll just see how it goes!

CONGRATS ON THE LOSS! Im with you, I weigh myself everyday. It works for me and helps me stay focused. My official weigh in day is Friday and thats the weight I log.
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello my fitness friends has anyone ever drank or heard anything about the value of aloe vera Juice?
  • loveme445
    Options
    Ok, so I was able to try the Wii Zumba game today and I think Im going to love it! It's cool trying to learn the dance steps. I know some of them from the Zumba classes I have taken but some Im just lost. Another bonus is that I burned 652 cals in 68 mins! Thats pretty good for a game. Soooo, in my book, Zumba is a winner! Have a Great Weekend Everyone!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Hey guys - I haven't forgotten the weigh in chart :) It'll be up in the morning! I have school starting this week, so I've been all over the darn place getting in gear for that.

How is everyone doing on this week's challenges?

I've been really enjoying the 10min solutions carb killer dvd - some really good workouts on there. I've really been feeling it in my thighs.

Had an awful experience trying on jeans at Old Navy. I should have known better - their sizing is well known for being inconsistent. Ended up with two new pairs of pants, in two different sizes.

I'm still at a plateau and really upset about it. I've still been losing inches, but weight is stuck for the past two weeks. I'm trying not to get discouraged.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    weigh-in
    Starting weight:172
    Jan 8: 170.8
    Current Weight: 170.0
    Total loss this week: .08 pounds

Very disapointed but any loss is a win in my book plus this was my time of the month this week :(
  • velvetechos
    Options
    01/16/2011 St Patrick’s Day Group

Aholtz1 – 207 | 199.6 (-7.4)
    Blackchick38 – 235 | 234 (-1)
    Brenott – 225 | 217.3 (- 7.7)
    Digitalnurse – 157 | (-3)
    Esorcel – 152 | 149 | (-3)
    Etrnltrust – 213
    Golfbrew – 183.6 |
    Husstler – 242.3 | 238.4 (-3.9)
    Jbqueen – 183 | 181 (-2)
    JessRN10 - 161
    Justinswife - 181.5 | 177.6 (-3.9)
    Klwa - 162.8 | 154.7 (-8.1)
    Life1979_24 - 272.5 | 266.4(-6.1)
    Lilysmommy1120 – 188 |188
    Lindakp83 – 211.6
    Loveme445 – 188.5 | 183.8 (-3.7)
    Mbodine – 211.4 |209 (-2.4)
    Mrmarler – 173 | 173
    Nataliemra - 215
    Pandy123 – 161
    Poeticpurl – 224| 221.5 (-2.5)
    S_krapf – 186.8
    Sarina87 – 172 | 170 (-2)
    Shaunadroddy – 215
    Sheilabennett – 183 | 183
    Supernonna – 180 | 173.9 (-8.1)
    Tanya 761 – 196
    xTattooedDollx - 275
    Themommie – 216 | 207 (-9)
    Velvetechos - 229 | 224.6 (-4.4)
    Walkinggirl1985 – 189.6 | 191.6 (+2)
    Ymamyma - 325.2 | 319 (-6.2)
  • velvetechos
    Options
    mrmarler - I've tried aloe vera juice before, it's actually pretty tasty. Some of the Asian grocery stores around here carry it :)

Okay guys, I'm trying really hard to get back on track after some discouragement. Jeans shopping + no loss for two weeks has taken it's toll. On the plus size, I've maintained and not gained at this weight (which is my lowest weight in over 8 years), but I'm just finding it nearly impossible to push THROUGH this weight. I'm trying to reset my mind a bit and figure out how to ramp up my efforts.

I have a very clingy 1.5yr old so it's difficult to get in long workouts, and I'm worried that's what I'm needing to start losing again. Nicer weather is right around the corner though, so we'll be able to be more active for longer stretches then. Right now it's running laps in my living room, doing 10-15min workouts multiple times a day, and trying to sneak in other workouts in the evening when I don't have a pile of schoolwork to do (my husband takes her for an hour or so when he gets home from work).

I'm not by any means throwing in the towel, just trying to up my motivation because this is rough.
  • s_krapf
    s_krapf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No additional loss this week. I guess that is better than gaining! I did increase my exercise from last week, but was not as strong in my meals. Saw a picture of myself tonight from about 8 years ago, and feel fired up to be about the same size as I was then!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Okay guys, I'm trying really hard to get back on track after some discouragement. Jeans shopping + no loss for two weeks has taken it's toll. On the plus size, I've maintained and not gained at this weight (which is my lowest weight in over 8 years), but I'm just finding it nearly impossible to push THROUGH this weight. I'm trying to reset my mind a bit and figure out how to ramp up my efforts.

I have a very clingy 1.5yr old so it's difficult to get in long workouts, and I'm worried that's what I'm needing to start losing again. Nicer weather is right around the corner though, so we'll be able to be more active for longer stretches then. Right now it's running laps in my living room, doing 10-15min workouts multiple times a day, and trying to sneak in other workouts in the evening when I don't have a pile of schoolwork to do (my husband takes her for an hour or so when he gets home from work).

I'm not by any means throwing in the towel, just trying to up my motivation because this is rough.

I know you're frustrated now but look at the big picture and the things you have accomplished. Like you said, you are at your lowest weight in over 8 years! You have lost 38 lbs! You are choosing to sneak in exercise whenever you can with a toddler instead of trying to get a quick nap. Keep pushing forward, things will get better. The scale will move in the right direction and those jeans you tried on will be too big in a couple of months. Have a Great Day!
  • jbuck3
    jbuck3 Posts: 8
    Options
    I need back in I lost the thread when it turned over! My starting weight was 386 on 12/18 and my current weight is 371 putting me 1/2 way to goal! My goal is 356!
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Woowhoo!!!

CW: 232.2 (-1.2lbs)
    Challange Goal: 199

Overall goal: 175
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Weekly challenge time you guys!

So, once again, we'll have a dietary and an exercise challenge - and an additional challenge :) I challenge you to do both, and to check in daily with how it's going!

So dietary challenge - get in at least 64oz (if not more!) of water daily.

Exercise challenge - get in a workout at least 4 out of the 7 days!

Report back with your water intake and your workout/what you did each day from now until next Monday!

Good luck!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Today I drank 96 oz of water and I did 1 hr 33 mins of Wii Zumba.
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Today I drank 96 oz of water and I did 1 hr 33 mins of Wii Zumba.

Nice!!!

I'm on glass 6, but it's only 2:00pm so I'm definitely going to hit my eight glasses easy, haha.

Also have gotten in 2 of the 15min workouts so far, so yay!!!

Hope everyone else is doing great!