Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ January 11

Options
1234568»

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Claudia & Babygurl - Gratz on doing so well.

I've been able to get back to exercising some this week. Hopefully, I will be back on track to start February off and start making some progress. What ever I weigh tomorrow I will adjust my ticker.

Dad continues to get better, but it will be a long time before he is back to where he was before the hospitalization. Mom has calmed down and has given in to the dietary changes.

It continues to amaze me how much sodium is in my daily food even though I make every low sodium choice I can.

Have a great Friday everyone.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello all,

Very sad and focused today as I updated my weight and it took 3 pounds off of my ticker. I suppose it could have been a lot worse. Looking forward to February and setting new goals to go with my new schedule.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Still not feeling like myself but managed to struggle through today's workout. I completed the Push Circuit 3 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program.

I am still busy with a prep work assignment so I hope to respond to posts later in the day. Hope everyone is having a great day.
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    Hi all.
    Haven't posted in awhile. I made it to the gym every day this work week. I fI find my gear I wll be going to archery practice this eventing. This week end is my cousins 13th birthday party; I'll try to be reasonable with the food, but I doubt it will happen. I am going fishing Saturday and Sunday.

After last week end I found that waking up obsurdly early on my days off makes getting up a 4:30 in the AM on week days easier, so I will be fishing every weekend ... unless I am sick. Just waking up early on weekends
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    Sorry got caught typing at work..... to pick up where I left off:

Just waking up early doesn't seem to work because as soom as I sit down I will be out like a cheap lite. So I'll be fishing, it's too cold outside to fall asleep.

Couldn't find my archery gear either so I wont be shoot this evening:cry: . Hope everyone has a good weekend.:flowerforyou:
  • phyllisjean58
    Options
    Newbie too. am trying to get my ticker on. this group is for me. loving the educational value of this website.
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Got my run on today and loved it!!!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    It's great hearing all the high energy in this group this morning. We are all psyched to do good this weekend with our goals. Good luck with everything.

Today is DS's 16th birthday and we are all going to Red Lobster for dinner. They have some good choices on their website, so I just have to stay committed to what I have pre-selected.

Time for me to get going with chores and exercise. I want to get 60 minutes in on the bike today.

Warm and happy wishes to all,

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! It is an absolutely beautiful day here in GA but I still don't feel the greatest due to TOM. According to the Turbo Fire schedule it was a Fire 30 or HIIT 15 day but I decided to change it up a little and headed to my local gym. Today I completed a 45 minute kickboxing class and 20 minutes on the elliptical. I tried to do HIIT on the elliptical but my legs could not hang after the kicka$$ kickboxing class.

I have taken the necessary prescription medication to deal w/these cramps and will chill out for the rest of the day.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    javascript:add_smiley('flowerforyou','post_body')

It continues to amaze me how much sodium is in my daily food even though I make every low sodium choice I can.

:flowerforyou: JAM, I'm trying to keep sodium down and I finally had to give up bread because of the sodium.....I have an occasional Orowheat sandwich thin but no other bread.

:flowerforyou: Claudia and Babygurl, congratulations on your successes

:flowerforyou: Choco, congratulations on exercising even when you don't feel like it.

:flowerforyou: Phyllisjean, welcome to this great supportive and encouraging thread

:flowerforyou: ChshireKat, waking up early is something I do against my will sometimes and then pay for it with a sleepy afternoon

:flowerforyou: I'm sending too much time sitting lately because of the need to do our income tax.......good for getting the work done, bad for exercise.
  • jam0525
    Options
    We went to Red Lobster for DS' 16th birthday. I swear that boy picks the most expensive and fattening restaurants. I planned ahead by checking the website, but then opted for the shrimp lover's platter. I put the shrimp Alfredo in a box straight away and ended up only 100 calories over for the day. Mom and Dad came with us. It was free day for Dad in that I did not measure his sodium for the meal. I mean he is 91 and we don't go out that often.

Barbie - Thanks for the thoughts about bread. I hope to find the "low sodium" bread the doctors keep talking about.

Later all,

JAM
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I just tried Jillian Michaels Shred It with Weights - WOW!! Nice workout and I did sweat - not like I do on the elliptical but I feel like I got a workout. I did it with a 3-pound hand weight as I don't have a kettlebell. Since I stopped going to the gym, I do miss the weight workouts. I found this DVD at the grocery store yesterday and it was only $8.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all. I'm still not my best due to TOM but each day gets better. I think I'll be back to my regular self by Tuesday. Since today is my designated "rest" day I decided to take it light. I walked for over an hour around a local shopping pavillion. I did not go into any stores, I just started at the first store when you enter the shopping plaza and walked it in it's entirety. I started off really strong but couldn't maintain a 5 mph walk but when it was all said and done I walked for well over an hour and burned over 300 calories in the process.

Tomorrow is my first day back in the office so once I finished walking I completed all my grocery shopping and came home and prepared meals/snacks for the next few days. Once I'm done posting I will iron my clothes for the week and then chill out and watch tv.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday! Quick post since I'm back in the office. Alarm sounded at 5 am and I got right up and began my workout. Today I completed the Insanity warm up and then Push Circuit 1. Once the workout was completed I ate breakfast, showered and was out the door.

Hope everyone has a great day
  • jam0525
    Options
    I did my Dad's exercises with him yesterday but I wore 1 and 2 lb weights. I could certainly feel it. Dad can't remember the exercises, so you have to do them with him for him to do them. He has to do a series of overall strength exercises every day for 6 weeks. For those new to the group - Dad is 91, lives with me and just got out of the hospital mid January.

Happy Monday all,

Jeannie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Jeannie, a long time ago I heard that getting a dog was a good way to make sure you'd get some exercise because you'd have to walk the dog several times a day........for you, your dad is serving the same purpose except that you can get your exercise indoors.........your daughter and her "Gut 'n' Butt" exercises got you moving too......you are certainly getting exercise nudges from a higher power. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Happy Monday! (yeah, right! :yawn: )
    Back to work for me after a busy weekend. My daughter's all-star team won their game Sunday which means they will continue on to Sectionals. Lucky for me, we do not have to travel very far, as a neighboring city is hosting it. I found Billy Banks Cardio DVD on ebay for $3 and I am waiting anxiously for it. Has anyone tried it or any of his workouts? I REALLY enjoy doing kickboxing, and I REALLY want the Trubo Jam set, but right now paying $60+ is not in our budget. Since TOM arrived Saturday so I decided to weigh in again and lost another .8 WHEW! I think I am back on the weight-loss track!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I will start a new thread tomorrow and post the link in here. It is time to reflect on January and look forward to February.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    Here is the link for February:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165599-fun-fit-sized-february-11

We are finally having winter. Even schools in Albuquerque are closed. Everything out where I live is closed, but I may have to go in to work as I have an important project due tomorrow and it is a national website, so.......................

Be safe and warm and see you on the February forum.

JAM
  • barbiecat
    Options
    oops I started to post here....go to the new thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165599-fun-fit-sized-february-11