January Move your *kitten* Challenge....

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    4 more treadmill miles today. I'm almost there!

And vhuber--you may have noticed I changed my photo. :smile:
    Yes and it's a beauty but the snow looks like here in Montana! Are you getting sick of all the white stuff too??
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Actually, this is the best snow we've had in years, and the skiing--despite being in the midwest--has been pretty good. So, I can't really say I'm tired of it. On the other hand, I miss my bike, being able to run / walk outside, and the longer days.
  • kkwellness
    kkwellness Posts: 55 Member
    I would love to get in on this.. I do 600 calories burned 5-6 days a week although today i only did 300 :( still made food goal however with 72 calories to spare.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    2.5 on the elliptical today!
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Current Mileage: 67.10
    Goal Mileage: 75
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Hi all, another 4 days left. Total miles 1,609.
    4 people exceeded their goals already (toots99, onawhymm, darkrider, positively_me) and a bunch of us are almost there.

@ kbarrett: You can join for the February challenge. You need to set a target mileage for yourself and try to reach it. This is a miles moved challenge. We don't track weight loss or fitness levels but eventually this is what we all hope for.
    @ teamleela, nemrenu: Are you updating your tickers?
    @ gehlerc: I preferred your original picture. Still, this one is a lot better than Godzilla
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    dinos, thanks for pointing that out to me! Going to try to go for the gusto today and tomorrow and finish the challenge a few days early!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    i did 12 miles on the spinning program bike but am only counting it as 4 miles since from what i remember 1 mile walking = 3 miles biking....i also did 1 mile on the arc trainer...great burn but not enough distance....

updated my siggie below...
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,445 Member
    27.85 miles left for 150 mile goal. Major day for me. I CAN DO IT!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    27.85 miles left for 150 mile goal. Major day for me. I CAN DO IT!!!

Go get 'em girl!
  • KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124

My new year resolution was/is to move 2011 miles, so I'm going to keep logging my miles for the next months anyway. Now, if there's going to be a February MYA Challenge I'll be glad to join. I can also keep keeping track of the miles if you want me to.
    That's awesome Dinos!! Thanks for keeping track for us!! :happy: You rock!
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    12.6 miles and passed my goal!!!!!! :tongue:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Yes!!! I made my January MYA Challenge today by walking 6 miles :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • toots99
    Did another 6.25 miles today.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    2.67miles at lunch today...i'm at 88%...i'm gonna make it...updated my siggie
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member

Wow, you're on a roll toots. Great job :smile:
  • toots99

Wow, you're on a roll toots. Great job :smile:

Thanks! Just went on another walk, so I get to add 2.85 miles. :happy:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Got in my Turbo Fire workout this morning and I also walked 1.5 miles pulling my grandson on the sled!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    THANK YOU, all of you, for the comraderie of this challenge. So many times this month, it has been this challenge that got me moving. In fact, I went from zero exercise in December, to darn-near-daily exercise in January because of this. Today was another day I didn't feel like exercising, but once again I did it because I committed to a monthly total, and today in particular I wanted to say...

I DID IT!!!!! I MET MY GOAL!!!! Not so long ago, I was worried I had committed to too much. 3 more miles this evening does it for me. (And I'll keep going through the end of the month...and hope to participate again in February.)

At the risk of sounding corny, you are all great AND inspirational!

Coni
  • toots99
    THANK YOU, all of you, for the comraderie of this challenge. So many times this month, it has been this challenge that got me moving. In fact, I went from zero exercise in December, to darn-near-daily exercise in January because of this. Today was another day I didn't feel like exercising, but once again I did it because I committed to a monthly total, and today in particular I wanted to say...

I DID IT!!!!! I MET MY GOAL!!!! Not so long ago, I was worried I had committed to too much. 3 more miles this evening does it for me. (And I'll keep going through the end of the month...and hope to participate again in February.)

At the risk of sounding corny, you are all great AND inspirational!

Coni

:drinker: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.