Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can men and women maintain a platonic relationship?

Options

Replies

• NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    If by platonic you mean not hooking up more than once a week - then yes, it is possible.
  • rockgoddess2016
    rockgoddess2016 Posts: 8,663 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • Stacy80651
    Stacy80651 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Only if they want to
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,120 Member
    Options
    Why not? There are women to whom I'm not sexually attracted, but who are great people, and we would want to be friends. I just don't understand why there is even a question about it...
  • Raechel120
    Raechel120 Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Absolutely
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yes they can ....... I have lots of male who are just friends..... it is not hard to do
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    what kind of question is this? Of course men and women can be platonic friends... NOT all men... and NOT all women... things like maturity, self security, and the contextual definition of "friendship" determine the "success of such friendships... BUT we are the id and ego of the same species... on a personal level... would I entertain moving to a more intimate level with a female friend?...why not? of course the situation is hypothetical... relationship status' would have to see each of us available to explore the potential... then there's the question of emotional availability...as a side note I have always ended relationships on positive notes... save for one... so I am and consider myself platonically friendly with all the women I have had an intimate relationship with.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I do think it's silly to think you can only be friends with one gender and that the other is always thinking about getting in your pants. Not everyone has sex on the brain.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Since some of my VERY closest friends are guys, I'd have to say,Most definitely. Heck one of my closest buds, used to take baths with me... when we were 3. There's nothing romantic, Ever. But if I ever needed a BIG brother, he'd be there in a heartbeat!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Yes, though technically not a fan of it.
  • ShawtyShawt
    ShawtyShawt Posts: 2,540 Member
    Options
    Absolutely possible
  • Simplifi
    Simplifi Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When I was dating I always took the "I just want to be friends " line as "I don't find you attractive at all"
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    When I was dating I always took the "I just want to be friends " line as "I don't find you attractive at all"

Those things are not mutually exclusive. You can use that to end a relationship and then go tell your best girl-friend (not girlfriend) about it.
  • adiaz155
    adiaz155 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Not if they are both attractive
  • windee52
    windee52 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I used to think so, but experience had proved otherwise
  • BreezyPeezy5
    BreezyPeezy5 Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    No. Someone has a crush on the other
  • sburns469469
    sburns469469 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No
  • RyanRox80
    RyanRox80 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Absolutely... sometimes people confuse compatibility with attraction.