Calling all Shorties! Ladies 5'3" and under

Options

Replies

• KSML1
    KSML1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love this group! I'm 5'3" and around 135 lbs. I felt my best a couple summers ago at 120, so that's where I'm trying to get. I definitely agree with most of you...I don't mind being short most of the time, but I hate that a small amount of weight gain looks like an enormous amount on our small frames. And jeans NEVER fit.

I am 5"2" and at 129lbs. The rest of your post could have been written by me. :)
  • mayita72
    Options
    Hi
    I am no even 5.1 jajajaja!!!! but I say I am so I don't say I am just 5 jejeje!!!! I weight 151lb I wish I could be 125 lb, I am a emotional eater, need the support, love high heels!!!! I am to short for petite pants tooo, and 10 P doesn't fit good and 8 P doens't fit at all LOL
    I am latina so I have curbs, big b..... my hubby loves it, not meeee.....:flowerforyou:
  • rainbowdash
    rainbowdash Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am currently 5'0 and 140 pounds. Ugh!. My husband is 6"1 and it drives me nuts how much more he can eat and lose weight. But Im here to stay and plan to lose, so I thought I'd check in and say hello!
  • kferg0312
    Options
    i too am 5'1" and am currently at 156, which is considered right on the border of overweight and obese. and i also agree that being short shows every pound :(
  • chonnyj90
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and a half (I usually just round up to 5'3" though). I'm 186 pounds and currently obese. I've put my goal weight at 119 lbs, but I'm not sure what that will look like. Guess I'll see when get there *shrugs*.

But, yeah. Hi!!! :D
  • mustgetthere
    mustgetthere Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'1" and only want to loose 5 pounds, but it seems like it's super super hard to do! I have friends who are skinnier than me and they eat so much junk food or ones that are heavier and can loose 10 lbs so quickly. It's so discouraging to see and hear these things.

I just started this program and it seems like I don't need to eat much to reach my daily calorie intake. Which kind of sucks because I like to snack a bit. For example, I had a subway sandwich and a bun today and I already reach my day's intake. I know I should be eating things that are fewer calories like veges etc. But it's so hard!!

I'm new, so please add me to your friend's list for each other's support! wwoooh!
  • tvalk79
    tvalk79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say welcome to all the new shorties!
  • tvalk79
    tvalk79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, Girls! Victoria's secret sells some of their workout gear in shorter lengths and they are having a big sale right now!
  • Ladyloraella
    Ladyloraella Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5ft1 and on 1200 a day...some days this is easy, other days I just want to binge!!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 128 now. I started at 135. I hate how every single bit of weight I gain goes right around my middle because there's really nowhere else for it to go. :/ So, I'm working on the tummy (as much as you can possibly target one area) and getting healthier.
  • Dgimson
    Options
    I'm 5'2 1/2 too (or 5'3" to anyone above 5'5") Currently weigh 149 but find my ideal weight is 135. Anything smaller than that on my German frame and I looke like a skelton in the face. For me, being short means having any kind of curves makes me look "thick". I have a larger bust so everything has to be altered. So unfair!
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    5 feet and almost an inch - the BMI thing is a crock. Back in college, I was at 120 and had people inquiring about possibly being anorexic. It is definitely a struggle. The good news is that when I lose 20 lbs (even though I have a looooooooooong way to go) the difference is so noticeable!
  • ladysvs
    ladysvs Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm 5' almost 1" and I know! Every pound makes you look way heavier I've lost 25 since Sep 1 & have a way to go yet. Feel free to add me! :)
  • xTry2Defyx
    xTry2Defyx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow shorties!
    Last time I went to the doctor, I found out I was barely 5'3...all this time I thought I was 5'4! But i'm glad I fit the criteria to be in this group :)

I totally agree- the BMI tells us all that we should be unrealistic weights. I'm so glad to hear that I'm not alone in feeling that while I'm overweight, I'm not obese!

Truthfully, I just want to be happy and healthy. I'm trying to defy genetics...my family is full of short, heavier people and I am determined not to be one of them (although I always have been!) And as a side note- I agree with most of you- I like being short! :)
  • lbridges27
    Options
    Yay a group for me! I'm 5'1''! Anyone else struggle with finding workout pants that fit correctly?! It seems like only once in a blue moon that I can find a "short' length in workout pants.
  • Oliversmummyx
    Options
    Hiya,
    I'm petite too at 5.0, it's never bothered me too much but hate the fact we are only ever cute!!!.....& I know what you mean about slightest bit of weight gain!!.....damn that chocolate! ;-). I would like to lose 1 stone and although I seem to be losing the lb's the inches remain the same :-(
  • meadows654
    Options
    I know, the tummy is where so much of my weight is and being large chested, I'm round throughout my whole torso! I would love to achieve that hourglass figure. Any indentation in the waist would be lovely!
  • Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm exactly 5'3", unless I'm shrinking and don't know it. I have about 40 pounds to lose. It sadding to look at the stats and be told I'm obese. I would say overweight, but not obese. I'm also 31 almost 32 with no kids, so I shouldn't be this overweight (obese).
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow shorties!
    Last time I went to the doctor, I found out I was barely 5'3...all this time I thought I was 5'4! But i'm glad I fit the criteria to be in this group :)

I totally agree- the BMI tells us all that we should be unrealistic weights. I'm so glad to hear that I'm not alone in feeling that while I'm overweight, I'm not obese!

Truthfully, I just want to be happy and healthy. I'm trying to defy genetics...my family is full of short, heavier people and I am determined not to be one of them (although I always have been!) And as a side note- I agree with most of you- I like being short! :)

Same here in many ways. I always claimed 5'1 (and secretly thought I was 5' 1.5") but found out a few months ago I am only 5' 1/2"!

I'm also battling genetics here... I am probably almost the largest one in my family right now but spent some time looking around over the holidays when extended family were all together. *Everyone* is overweight. *Everyone* has my short waist and huge hips (when I was at an ideal weight my hips were over 12" more than my waist) and belly pooch. I've been watching my niece start the same weight gain that I did when I was 21/22. It makes me wonder sometimes if it is even possible to get back to that healthy weight again... much less the "ideal" weight I was as a 19 year old. Yes, that looked good... but is it realistic over 15 years later?

Trying right now to just aim for "overweight" -- with the rate I've been losing weight that will take me well into next year (my max "overweight" weight is still 52 pounds away).

A question for those of you who do still have a LOT to lose... if there are any of you: What calorie range are you eating right now? I was eating 1300-1500 and not losing a thing. I know that dropping calories down to 1200 is not going to be something I can keep up long term and am going to UP calories to my BMR (1580+exercise calories) and see what happens. Just curious if anyone has tried eating that much and still lost weight.
  • AJs_mom
    AJs_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm 5'2" and 192lbs. I never had a weight problem when I was younger, as I was so active in sports (skiing, skating, volleyball and basketball). Since college, however, I've struggled. And after 2 pregnancy (both c-section deliveries), my body is messed!

I love my height - hate my weight. My hubby is 6'4", and just over 200lbs. I hate that I weigh almost the same as him. I think both our boys will be blessed with their father's height. My 6 year old is 4'2" already!

I really want to get the weight off, as I know for my height that my weight is FAR TOO HIGH! It's also very hard to find clothes that fit and look nice - both casual and professional.

Good luck to everyone on their journey!