Calling all Shorties! Ladies 5'3" and under

Options

Replies

• lillmssy
    Options
    Yay a group for me! I'm 5'1''! Anyone else struggle with finding workout pants that fit correctly?! It seems like only once in a blue moon that I can find a "short' length in workout pants.

I found great pants on line at "Lands End" they come in short and they fit great :) I am going to order again but next time in a medium instead of a large......LOL I hope :)
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I started to read this and then realized there are a lot of pages. So I'll have to go back and read the rest. I am a 27-year-old that stands at a very tall 5' 1 3/4". [I used to be 5' 2", I swear!!] But anyway, I fell all of your pain! My heaviest that I have officially been ware of is 176. I am currently 141.2. My goal is to be 116 but I feel as though I have a medium to large frame so even at 116 I feel like I will still look thick. Argh. Ahh well. But it's nice to meet so many other shorties! hah.
  • hummingbird314
    hummingbird314 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone what a great group. I'm 4'10 so I think I qualify for this group : ) I,m working hard to lose all this extra weight I've put on the last few years.
    I think I looked really good when I weighed 125 but for my size that is still considered overweight. If I could get down to 125 and keep it there I would be happy.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I am in this group for sure! I am 5'2" and 118lbs. I do not dislike being short but sometimes I do feel some insecurities w/in myself when I am around other people. I always feel like I am looked at like a child even though I am 29 and a mother of 2 awesome kids. It an inside thing I suppose.

I am ok w/my weight in general but I am trying to lose a few more pounds. I just wish that when I sit down I didn't have the rolls that I have. I don't have much "fat" on me but I do have a few rolls, especially when my posture isn't up to par. I am glad to read others feel the same way.

I hope that losing a few pounds and toning what I have will help.

Here is to us!
  • jennygurumi
    Options
    I am also a shorter woman. 5'3" and 101 lbs. The best workout pants I have found are C9 at Target they come in short length and XS - they are perfect!!!!! They come in all sizes..check them out! :heart:
  • AJs_mom
    AJs_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5ft1 and on 1200 a day...some days this is easy, other days I just want to binge!!

I hear you - 5'2" and 1200 - I'm the same. Right now I'm on an I what to binge streak! Grrrr.....
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Hello shorties! It's been quiet in here. I hope everyone is great and working towards reaching their goals!
  • Wocawa
    Wocawa Posts: 136
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am 5'3" and 188 pounds. I have such a hard time too with sizes of clothes. Because I see myself a lot larger because of my stomach, I tend to buy clothes that are too big. But the problem there is that the clothes are made for taller people and just look crazy. So even though I would still be considered obese my goal weight is 140.

Have a good day!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    5' even here. My new goal is 135 lbs...still considered overweight but that's good enough for me! I'm at 157.2 now.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    5' even here. My new goal is 135 lbs...still considered overweight but that's good enough for me! I'm at 157.2 now.

This is my goal as well. I'm 5 feet 1/2 inch and considered overweight for me, but I figure that's in the middle of the 130s which is where I want to be. I'm at 152 presently. Good luck!!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    This is my goal as well. I'm 5 feet 1/2 inch and considered overweight for me, but I figure that's in the middle of the 130s which is where I want to be. I'm at 152 presently. Good luck!!

I haven't even seen 150 in over 9 years so hitting 135 would be AMAZING! Being where I am now is fantastic! lol
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to find my vertically challenged friends!!! I'm 5'2" and eyes of blue (Grandpa used to sing that to me!!). I've never been truly happy with my body, I don't mind being short, but being round is pretty hard. I met my husband when I was 16 and at that time I was around 117lbs. Then I went to college and gained a few (eh-hem, few) pounds but had a breast reduction that really helped even out my body, but I still wasn't happy. Then I gained a lot more, then lost it, then had a baby, then another... you get the idea. Before I delivered son #2 I actually weighed in at 204!!! Wow, that's a lot for me! I've been hovering between 165-185 in the almost 12 years since that kid and can't wait to finally be the hot mama on the sidelines for a change!!! I have an overweight hubby who's a truck driver since being downsized over a year ago and I'm hoping to be an inspiration to him also. Both my sons play football and this will be the last fall that I'm hiding in my oversized hoody out there.... I want to look as good as those cheerleaders again!!!! Currently working out 4 days a week, started running 9 months ago which I never thought I would do and finding this site has really helped me find the accountability I need to get these extra pounds off! My weight as of yesterday is 163, and my current goal is 140. Once I get there I'll decide if I can keep going. In the past that's about all I seem to be able to get to, but that's ok!!! My mom is short (4'10") and probably weighs about what I do and is very sick with diabetes... I really don't want to end up like her! That's a huge part of my motivation.. that and my kids!

Good luck to all of you and if you want to add me as a friend that would be great!!! I like being short, even when I don't!
  • portabellos
    Options
    5'2" here @ 153 currently. 155 was the heaviest I have been and last year I managed to get to 136.8 by following a primal, low-carb diet, cycling, and running. needless to say I didn't stick to it for very long. I have been doing IF and lifting heavy weight and I'm now in the process of figuring out what calorie range works best for me for fat loss. At first I wasn't doing any cardio, but now it's almost been 3 months and I haven't lost much (body has done some recomp though) So I think I need to adjust my calories and do a lot more cardio. It seems to be the only thing that really helps me with weight loss. Now, I'm experimenting with 1600 calories on workout days and 1400 on rest days. Some days I get so frustrated and think I will never ever see 130lbs.
  • rachelowow
    Options
    Hi!!

Im 5'2, and mfp does set very low limits for us, its very dificult to stay with in the limits,iv come and gone alot of times lol but im gonna try as hard as i can this time!! everytime i have something "bad" i get very discouraged and stop doing this .. lol i know this is stupid, so im going to change!! well good luck with everything!! :)
  • megansoriano
    Options
    5'2 and 3/4 and actually I like needing a stool to get to my top shelf in my cabinet! My weight is currently 170 and I think my highest weight was about 185. So right now that BMI calculator is not my friend! I am trying to get down to 120 so my height and my weight are proportional so I will look much cuter standing on my tippy toes trying to reach something high up!
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    you are so right, sister! i totally agree with your post. i am 5.3 tall and at 155 am considered way overweight by the charts, but i feel pretty good and only want to lose twelve more pounds to "officially" be in the "normal" range. Petite sizes are great for skirt length, but assume you are petite in the waist too! :)
    Let's keep losing! and have a great healthy holiday season!:smile:
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I use to be 5' now I am 4'11 1/2 inches. I find that getting older and being short makes it harder to lose weight. I also love to eat....lol
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in, i am 5'1" and currently 179lbs. I agree that weight on us looks so totally different than on someone taller! I carry all of my weight in my belly and chest, so i feel like a bowling ball! :o) My husband is 6'4" and weighs less than i do. I guess that makes him my bowling pin!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Add another short shot to the bunch! 5'3" and 153 and I lose 5lbs and you see it in my face. Everywhere else I feel like has always been thick even when I was working out with my mom and weighed in at 132. that is my realistic goal but I'd love 125. Doctor told me that my goal should be 133.
  • Galletakek
    Options
    5'3 136lbs goal weight is 129lbs for now....... would like to be 125....but its hard to get to 135lbs -.-......... but.... im happy to be 5'3 :) soo thats a good thing lol