Walking Challenge: Back to the Basics

Options

Replies

• Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I went walking tonight and got in 2.5 miles... feels great!
  • ababygrace
    Options
    I finally get to walk today. It is hard when you can't find a sitter. I plan on the ticker moving today.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Another 2.6 Miles done yesterday. Forgot to post it.

Will try to get another 2.6 in today.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Today is my brother-in-law's birthday... I think he is having a party. Damn freaking last minute people I swear... I like to know ahead of time and make sure I reserve time for people/events. I'm sure his girlfriend will call at 6pm and say 'hey we're going to such and such in 30 mins!'. Drives me nuts!

Anyways, back to the point I was going to make before I got sidetracked :laugh:. Not sure if I will get in a walk tonight, I'm really hoping I can squeeze it in somewhere. If not there is always tomorrow!
  • frostiegurl
    Options
    Oh and just a little note. I'll be leaving tomorrow morning to go on a week long cruise. The internet prices on the ship are sky high so I highly doubt I'll be able to log in every day to update my walking total. I'll keep track while I'm on the cruise and update it as I'm able to do so.
  • mnmorneau
    Options
    I want to join!!! I've been walking 3 miles everyday. What are you guys basing your goals on? Just whatever you want to do? I think I will do 3 miles everyday for the rest of the month and go up to 4 in Feb. I used to walk 4 miles a day 4 years ago and lost 85 lbs just from doing so! Hope I can do it again!

I based mine on just the fact that I thought I would be able to get 10 miles a week in with hopes of doing more but didn't want to defeat myself if I posted a bigger number and then didn't make it. Nothing real scientific for me!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post each day.:blushing: Will try to remember. But happy to say have been doing my 2 miles each day...so total 10 miles so far....YA!!!!!

Great to read so many of us are getting our walking in each day. WTG:flowerforyou:

Your still doing great. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    It's getting easier to get up each morning at 5:15 than it was on Monday. I doing pretty well with watching my calorie intake so hope with all the walking this week that at weight in on Monday I will have lost a little. May weight on friday so I can feel good. When my daughter leaves to go back to school I have a tendency to eat junk and comfort food all day. That occurs on Friday so if I weight early in the morning it will look as though I lost weight ,at least until I weight on Monday and see all the extra pounds. Being that I am trying to turn over a new leaf, I am going to combat that with doing a 2 hour Zumba class on Friday night to give me exercise and to raise money for breast cancer.( maybe I can work off all that junk food). Hope I can survive 2 hours of Zumba. Nice knowing you if I don't . Keep up the good work evceryone.

You can do it! I tend to do that too, so I have to get rid of all the junk in the house to keep me from eating it. lol
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Everyone is doing great :)
  • frostiegurl
    Options
    2.7 Miles Done today.

Go Me. :D
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post each day.:blushing: Will try to remember. But happy to say have been doing my 2 miles each day...so total 10 miles so far....YA!!!!!

Great to read so many of us are getting our walking in each day. WTG:flowerforyou:

Your still doing great. :)

Thanks Virgo:heart:

I did my 2 miles today soooo--- total so far is 12miles done. 48 more miles till I meet my goal.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Another mile in today. Thank goodness I decided to go slow this month...I'm barely making my 1 mile a day, if I had tried to pile on more I don't think I would make my goal. :o/
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Another mile in today. Thank goodness I decided to go slow this month...I'm barely making my 1 mile a day, if I had tried to pile on more I don't think I would make my goal. :o/

Hang in there... as you get back in the swing you'll be doing more miles. So maybe you're doing a mile now, but in a couple weeks you'll be doing 2-4. Just keep at it
  • Risa1955
    Options
    I didn't have time to log yesterday but I git 1 mile yesterday and 1 in today. My weighin is tomorrow I sure hope I have lost some weight.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 2miles today. Total 14 miles so far. Sticking with goal plan on 60 miles this month...so working on 2miles a day.
  • ababygrace
    Options
    3.4 miles today. these little challenges make working out more fun.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. I've been too sick to walk.
  • mnmorneau
    Options
    Had a big jump in miles today because I went and did 2- 5 K volksmarches, thus giving me 6 miles. It was a great day for a
    walk, just a little breeze and sunny. If no one is familiar with volksmarching it's a wonderful family activity that is FREE. You can take kids ( any age) hubby and grandparents if you like. It's a noncompetitive, do at your own pace walk on a marked route So if you want to go outside and do your walking and see some nice scenery while doing it try volksmarching. I was going to ask where everyone was from but realized that if I click on your names it shows that if you posted it. Did I say that I wasn't real computer savey. Guess I best go and add my info. Hope you are better soon cricketkatie.
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Got in 3.5 miles today in 14 degree weather. Didn't get any in yesterday. Will have to do better. I have set a high goal for January so I better get crackin!! :laugh:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Got in a 2 mile hike yesterday... hoping to get a small walk in today if my knee stops hurting.