Walking Challenge: Back to the Basics

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    I managed 5.25 miles today! Thank Heavens for the baby's afternoon nap!:laugh:
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    I haven't been able to get anything in these past two days. Weather in the Midwest sucks with snow and wind chills below zero! :noway: Hopefully the weather will break soon so I can get back out there.
  • have gotten my walking in but not been on the computer to post my miles. Hope I can keep up the 2.5 to 3 miles a day. Congratulations to everyone for doing a good job and we will all wish for the weather to change so that those that are snow bound can get out soon.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Guys, I didn't get in on the sign up to the challenge, but I have been walking each day. My favorite days have been the snow days. Speed isn't as great, but getting thru the snow takes more effort than walking on dry pavement. I just bundle up really well and as I get warmer and warmer I start loosening the scarves and lowering the zipper on my coat. You might find that you like walking in the snow!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    ANother 2 miles in for today. Soo making my total to 20 miles walked so far. Need 40 more miles to get to my target. On and onward :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Aww, I hope the weather lets up on some of you. I know the snow can be really heavy in some places. I only got in 1 mile today, I think I'm going to try to start my 30 day shred tonight, we'll see how that goes.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    I got 1.75 miles today.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Whatever I ate the other day I think gave me food poisoning, that said, I missed my walking. :( I'm hoping to make up for it today now that I'm feeling better.
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    I got in 3 of my 10 miles this month!
  • Did not get my walk in today and tomorrow doesn't look much better. Did alot of walking but forgot to wear my meter, guess I rely to much on the gyms' treadmill to do that for me. Had to be at a work meeting this morning ( how boring). Good new is that I lost 2 lbs this week. Hope that continues. Also, I learned something today, Everyone may already know this and I just didn't but I was told by a medical source today that the people who are most successful with weight loss are ones that keep a log of food eaten and exercise, and they are the ones that continue to keep it off as long as they continue to keep track of it. Thought that was cool . No wonder I am addicted to MFP. I tell everyone I see MFP even if they don't want to hear, particularly those that mention they want to loose weight. Keep up the good work everyone.:wink:
  • Lost .6 lbs this week not bad since I hurt my ankle and been laying around. I am going to try to do a little walking this week may take 2 days to get a mile in. My ankle is still sore.:huh:
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    I just joined mfp. I am a couch potato. As I got on my treadmill tonight I thought I could not make it past the 3 minute mark. Basically, because it was boring. I set my Bible on the treadmill and read as I walked. Time really flew by!
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Logging in another 1.5 miles tonight. I'll be doing another 1.5 miles when I walk home in the morning.
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Challenges r great! Since the month is half over I'll aim for a smaller number but hope this keeps me moving! Gonna try for 15 miles by the end of the month-starting slow
  • NeuroticVirgo
    I just joined mfp. I am a couch potato. As I got on my treadmill tonight I thought I could not make it past the 3 minute mark. Basically, because it was boring. I set my Bible on the treadmill and read as I walked. Time really flew by!

I have problems being on the treadmill as well unless I multi task. lol Good for you for finding a way to stick with it.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Got 3 miles in last night. Had to make up for the days I missed when I was sick.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Alright I tried to put together a neat graph showing all of our walking. If I missed your name or your totals let me know :) This is my first time trying to put everything together lol

janmiles.jpg
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Haven't been feeling great for a few days, but getting back into it this evening, I hope!
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Hi Everyone,

Today I was able to get in 3.5 miles. Yay!! :happy: Hopefully the weather will hold out and I'll be able to continue. I have a long way to go if I plan on achieving my goal for January!!
  • the graph looks great. I better get a move on it.
This discussion has been closed.