Walking Challenge: Back to the Basics

Options

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    well...i forgot to get in my miles all weekend. Booo. I will make up for them tomorrow and then get back on track. Ive been off since thanksgiving and it finally caught up with me, i gained...so im determined to get back to healthy living and losing.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    4 Miles in today to make up for wussing out all weekend! Man I'm beat! I'll be happy to resort back to my 1 mile a day tomorrow lol
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Well we are having pizza for dinner... gonna have to hit the road so I can be back under my calories for the day lol. I'll update later with how many miles I end up doing.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Just got in a 1.5 mile walk :drinker:
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Got in 2.5 miles to day. We are suppose to get 4-6 inches of snow tonight. I hope not!! I want to go walking tomorrow!! :sad:
  • bbgirl
    bbgirl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have been really busy, so I am off to a slow start, but I plan in picking up the pace starting tonight.
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    The weather is hindering my walk. I don't have a treadmill nor a gym membership. I want winter GONE!!! Three to four inches of snow fell this morning and the temp is in single digits with wind chils below zero tonight. How is a person suppose to do a 3.5 mile walk/jog. Hopefully this cold snap will break soon. I have an impressive goal set for January and I would very much like to attain that goal!!!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Been missing a few days of walking :( - but I have 18 miles in total this month. I want to make my 60 mile for the month of January goal. Need to pick up the pace. I will do it.

Congrats all on your walking :)
  • jjbcc99
    jjbcc99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day 3: 2 miles today. 6 total. Missed a couple of days, but trying to get back on track this week. Great work everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Awesome job everyone so far! I'm going to try to put together all our walking so make sure you post how much you've done or update your tickers tomorrow. :)

I got in my mile today. I did it at at night, and now I'm all awake. boo :( But at least I got it in!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    BTW for all of you getting snowed in, try some of the Leslie Sansone DVD's. They are pretty much all walking DVD's, This way you can still get your walking in, all in the comfort of you own home.

They are only $10 at walmart, or cheaper if you look online. :)
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I hope you all don't mind if I jump in a little late. I've recently decided I want to be able to run, but I have to get my fitness up and conquer walking first, so this is perfect. I know it sounds low, but I'm going to start with a gentle goal of 10 miles for the month, seeing as it's already the twelfth. Thanks for organising this!
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    1.5 miles done, and it feels awesome! Maybe I *can* do more than 10 miles this month!
  • effronte
    Options
    Love the sounds of this and tracking always gives you a boost. I'm going to give it a go snow allowing!
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in as well, schedule and weather permitting. I'll be able to pick up more miles walking home from my hospital internship this month. Considering it's the 12th, I think 10 miles is reasonable. I can probably substitute cardio for walking if I miss.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I've had bronchitis for the last week and coughing too bad to do much of anything. Now that I'm on antibiotics, I'm hoping to get back to working out. I want to see my ticker move!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Welcome everyone, just jump right in :)
  • ozofeliz
    ozofeliz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yesterday

http://runkeeper.com/user/evoratec/activity/23059284

Hiking 40k / week

It's very important to prevent injuries use a good shoes with good cushion.
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well....I started with a walking club in June last year and finished a half marathon in October. I lost 23 pounds in the process, but with the winter in the Midwest, I have gained about 10 of it back. I want to do 2 "mini" marathons this year - one at the Indy 500 Festival and the other back in Columbus in October. I have a great training plan if anyone would like to see it.
  • Risa1955
    Options
    I'm still here I haven't posted ir anything because Sunday I fell and twisted my ankle and sprang my wrist so not doing anything but laying around. I am still trying to get all my water in and stay under my calories but that hasn't happened but haven't been over by 50 calories yet so don't think I will lose any this week hopefuly I don't gain my lb back. Will still try to get my miles after my ankle gets better good thing I only have 16 miles ti go and half a month.