Skinny Dating

Options

Replies

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you are going the online dating route, just make absolutely sure you find someone before you hit the magical age of 45. . Because that's when everything stops. . I'm more fit, more successful, and more awesome than ever, lol. But, sadly, it took too long. :ohwell:

Try being a woman over 40 :sad: :sad:

I haven't had a boyfriend in over 2 years :mad: :explode:

Well. .then reply to my damn messages I keep sending you on OKC!. . lol. .

I gotta say that's one cesspool I'd rather stay out of. Bad enough I was on PoF for 6 months :grumble:

Let me tell you about the guy who got so drunk on our date that he got a DUI on the way home and called me from jail :explode:

whats okc?

OK Cupid. . it's a dating site. . It's pretty bad. . i have to admit. . lol. but I think they all are. .

they are definitely entertaining, though.

The problem with me is that I'm not a 'joiner'. .Going to a meetup with a bunch of people I don't know is waaaay out of my comfort zone. . I'm a likeable guy, but I'm just not extroverted enough. . so meeting women IRL is tough. . combine that with the fact that I work from home and don't drink (anymore) . . Well. .the options are pretty limited. . Online dating is annoying and frustrating and replete with LIARS! (yeah, the women lie too!). . But at least it offers hope until I can work up the courage to leave the house.

that's why I'm online dating, too. I work 2 jobs and don't go out often at all.

So. . any quality guys. or just a bunch of introverts who are afraid to leave their homes? :laugh:

its hard to tell at this point, but definitely have some funny stories. I mean, it is what you make of it.

Indeed. . my favorite is the girl who offered sex if I would disavow the existence of God. . good times. .
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    If you are going the online dating route, just make absolutely sure you find someone before you hit the magical age of 45. . Because that's when everything stops. . I'm more fit, more successful, and more awesome than ever, lol. But, sadly, it took too long. :ohwell:

I gotta say that's one cesspool I'd rather stay out of. Bad enough I was on PoF for 6 months :grumble:

Let me tell you about the guy who got so drunk on our date that he got a DUI on the way home and called me from jail :explode:

whats okc?

OK Cupid. . it's a dating site. . It's pretty bad. . i have to admit. . lol. but I think they all are. .

they are definitely entertaining, though.

The problem with me is that I'm not a 'joiner'. .Going to a meetup with a bunch of people I don't know is waaaay out of my comfort zone. . I'm a likeable guy, but I'm just not extroverted enough. . so meeting women IRL is tough. . combine that with the fact that I work from home and don't drink (anymore) . . Well. .the options are pretty limited. . Online dating is annoying and frustrating and replete with LIARS! (yeah, the women lie too!). . But at least it offers hope until I can work up the courage to leave the house.

that's why I'm online dating, too. I work 2 jobs and don't go out often at all.

So. . any quality guys. or just a bunch of introverts who are afraid to leave their homes? :laugh:

its hard to tell at this point, but definitely have some funny stories. I mean, it is what you make of it.

Indeed. . my favorite is the girl who offered sex if I would disavow the existence of God. . good times. .

people are crazy! Yesterday some guy asked if I would trade sexy pics. Um, no thanks, but thanks for asking....
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    people are crazy! Yesterday some guy asked if I would trade sexy pics. Um, no thanks, but thanks for asking....

I don't need to go on OKC to get those questions. I had someone on MFP ask me what my preferred method of *kitten* is and what my sexual fantasies are. :grumble: :noway: :ohwell:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

I don't need to go on OKC to get those questions. I had someone on MFP ask me what my preferred method of *kitten* is and what my sexual fantasies are. :grumble: :noway: :ohwell:

that par for the course on here, sadly enough, hence the reason we all joke about this being the number #1 dating site.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    when i get on tinder i don't even look at the pics, i just swipe to the right for everyone, saves time lol
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Church.
    That's where all the freaky ones are.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Let's be completely fair: your stated current weight on your profile is 227 and says you want to lose about 30 pounds.

So don't discount a woman because she's not fit - because you're not exactly fit yourself. Knowwhatimean?

You can't demand in a partner something that you yourself cannot offer.

So say you meet a woman who's a little overweight. How do you know she's not working on her goals just like you are? Because that "fit" woman may very well look at you and think the exact same thing you think about that overweight woman who's trying to lose 30 pounds.

I agree with the others: join an activity group.

This isn't totally true. I demand that my partner have cute feet. It's a deal breaker.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Church.
    That's where all the freaky ones are.

have honestly considered going on some church retreats. they sometimes have ones that are actually geared towards singles meeting.

not sure what to expect
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    POF date got arrested for DUI right in front of me! I hardly drink so was plenty sober to drive so the highway patrolman didn't understand why he didn't let me drive (mystery to me as well). I'm sure he still wonders why I didn't see him again.

OKC guy said it "takes time" to date but thought it was perfectly reasonable to ask for naked pics until this magical "time" had passed. Blocked immediately.

Match guy was actually dating a much older woman who was giving him $$. Also blocked once I found out, but that took some time. Actually a POF guy did that same thing too. Strongest man in North America >40 so was a shame to let him go....I <3 muscles.

Hopeful Romantic...table for 1 please. :)
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but that made me snort out loud.

Yeah sure...it's all fun and games until you get a call from the Hillsdale, NJ police department at 3:30 in the morning :noway:

That's when block caller comes in handy.
  • crzdirector
    crzdirector Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    OK - I don't want to sound like a jerk, but if you're 'far from skinny' maybe you shouldn't make snap judgements on women who also 'far from skinny'? Nothing wrong with a woman with a little junk in da trunk, my friend.

Shallowness aside: Maybe join a local running club?

I'm 41 and the only single person in my social circle and I know how hard it is :sad:

Online dating is the work of the devil lololol I tried it for over a year and all I got from it was a lot of bad date stories.

I'm very pro trunk junk lol...My *kitten* is huge and ain't going away. I guess I should have come up with a better title for the post. ;)
  • crzdirector
    crzdirector Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    One day I will actually learn to read posts before putting them up lol...

To be clear, I'm not discounting people that aren't skinny nor do I think that I am an adonis and should be treated as such.

Having said that...good ideas guys, I'm not truly looking-looking but I would like to be in places where folks that like to be active are and since I'm new to the activity thing anyways I had no clue where to start.

Thanks gang

SK
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    when i get on tinder i don't even look at the pics, i just swipe to the right for everyone, saves time lol

Lol, tinder is fun but I've found there's a severe lack of good looking women in my area that use Tinder. :ohwell:
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

Lol, tinder is fun but I've found there's a severe lack of good looking women in my area that use Tinder. :ohwell:

I found a lot of hipsters and guys who like to take pics of themselves with tigers.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Match guy was actually dating a much older woman who was giving him $$. Also blocked once I found out, but that took some time. Actually a POF guy did that same thing too. Strongest man in North America >40 so was a shame to let him go....I <3 muscles.

lol how old was his trick?
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

I found a lot of hipsters and guys who like to take pics of themselves with tigers.

i see a LOT of profiles where women are clearly lying about thier age, or they are 40 something and using a pic from college.

but my favorite tinder quark is when a girl rejects you for some shallow appearnce or image issue. I mean, I have no words in my profile at all, I have to assume you said yes based on the pics.... so why do you send me a second message just to inform me that me how ride sport bikes are girlie?
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

lol how old was his trick?
    [/quote]

57 at the time - 12 years older than I am. She is also a fitness instructor, but teaches water aerobics to older ladies. I hear she is a very nice person & was devastated to find out about me. It was a mess really.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Let's be completely fair: your stated current weight on your profile is 227 and says you want to lose about 30 pounds.

So don't discount a woman because she's not fit - because you're not exactly fit yourself. Knowwhatimean?

You can't demand in a partner something that you yourself cannot offer.

So say you meet a woman who's a little overweight. How do you know she's not working on her goals just like you are? Because that "fit" woman may very well look at you and think the exact same thing you think about that overweight woman who's trying to lose 30 pounds.

I agree with the others: join an activity group.

I've seen a couple of comments like this - I'm not so sure that the OP was saying he wouldn't date anyone that wasn't fit (you weren't OP, were you?). I think in the context of his post 'fit' meant 'active'.

As a fellow singleton, I know that 'activity' level is important to me now -- I wouldn't write someone off for not being 'fit', but I know that , unlike before, i wouldn't want to date someone who just wants to sit on the couch watching movies all day or eating out for every meal.

I've worked hard to get my results and it's going to take a great deal of vigilance to maintain the good habits I've developed - falling in with someone with a counter mindset might be setting myself up for failure.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

Hopeful Romantic...table for 1 please. :)

^^ This explains where all the 40+ women are. . .Dating younger guys and giving them money!. .
  • _windy
    Options

kiss.jpg

If I attempted that ^ one of us would end up tangled in barbed wire. Fkn Murphy.