You know you have wavy/curly hair when...

Options

Replies

• Ashley___916
    Ashley___916 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    When you look like chipmunks sleep at the crown of your head
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I don't, but my daughter is biracial with very thick/coarse/dry/curly/coiled hair. We were at a party and her hair was soaked from the pool. Her hair was in exactly the same shape before getting wet.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    No product under the sun has ever tamed mine- you know what works?! Hysterically, it's classic wet set rollahs and a bonnet hair dryer. When used, and yes it is more time consuming, the results are amazing: smooth, silky, softer than its ever been. Old school. Secret revealed.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    :|
  • dgoodie92
    dgoodie92 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    When you have to keep your hair short or you look like a mop :(
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Hm. It's been many months since anyone posted here, but I bet a few people who have joined MFP in that time will be amused and able to relate, so....bump! (If this is the first time you've seen this thread, start at the beginning).
  • dozenmonkeyz
    dozenmonkeyz Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'll date myself with this one, but, as a kids I used to get called Michael Landon when my hair got long enough and would poof out into a weird '80's mullet. Always hated it and still have a lot of hangups about my hair. Lot's of familiar feels in this thread.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    When your mom says you hair looks like a block of Ramen noodles lol
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    When you ask for a 2 inch trim (just the tips), but forget you have curly hair and it seems like it was a 5 inch haircut instead!
  • imclynn
    imclynn Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    When I leave home and my hair length is like 5-6 in past my shoulders ( I've not ever tried to straighten it ) then I drive 5 hrs to the coast for a visit and my hair has shrunk to collar bone length! :s It kind of gets a Rosanna Rosanna Danna thing going on. :D I have since discovered Mixed Chicks leave in hair product. It's the best:smile:
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    nkf5mu895nve.jpg
    I love this, this is hilarious. But since I've stumbled upon a place filled with curly haired women, can I ask, in all seriousness, how the heck you get it under control?!?! I'm a no fuss sort of person, and I have always just left the house with my hair still wet and it looked great when it dried. Now that I live in Florida (and it seems to be getting worse as I get older too), my hair is crazy poofy and frizzy and since I've never really done hair, I can't seem to figure it out!!

Go ahead, laugh at me. Then give me your best and easiest tips, please?!?

I am a wet head leaver, too! I do have 1 advantage...the crown of my hair is as straight as a pin! Weird, huh? John Frieda (sp?) Frizzease is my go to! About a golf ball sized glob of mouse scrunched through in the morning keeps my curls sift & tamed all day! Even in the high humidity bof southeast Nebraska!

• Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    you take the easy solution. you have your hair cut real short so all you have to do is towel dry it. I don't own a comb or a brush anymore. However I have some great pictures when I wore my hair long in the 70s and early 80s
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    When only a professional blow dry makes it look almost decent :neutral:
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    Umm... when it's curly?
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Bump. This hasn't been active for months, so probably new folk haven't seen it. More chances for a mild chuckle.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Y'all still looks too adorable, puffy-frizzy what not with your curls. I don't have any curls(
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    When you try to put your hair in a pony tail and the hair tie breaks.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    When you use the exact same products and do the exact same routine, with different results every damn time.
  • Keaghanryan
    Keaghanryan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    When hair-product instructions begin with " Take a dime size amount to start..." you laugh so hard you fall on your butt.

If this isn't the truest thing I've read all day...
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    When you snap combs trying to comb conditioner through it in the shower.

Although, I've recently discovered 2 things that help: 1) Kinky Curly Knot Today Detangler & Leave-in Conditioner--this stuff has the best slip I've ever found & 2) not piling my hair on my head when I wash & condition it--just put the shampoo or conditioner on my hands & smooth it over my hair before working it into my scalp & pulling it through the rest.

I also love the Kinky Curly Curling Custard. I put a couple scoops of custard on & usually plop my hair in a Turbi-Twist after I wash it while I finish getting ready. Then I scrunch it with a microfiber towel just so I'm not dripping everywhere. The custard does a great job defining the curl. It dries a little crunchy, but that scrunches out after it's dry & then I have soft, non-frizzy curls. I get several days out of one application. The next couple days, I just spray my hair down with water mixed with a couple squirts of my regular conditioner (Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner) & re-scrunch & it's still defined & not frizzy. I never straighten my hair & I don't generally blow it dry. Even with a diffuser it puffs up like crazy. I just spend half of every wash day with wet hair & let it air dry.