Why do women wear tank tops to the gym more than men?

Options

Replies

• JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    rumsfeld.gif

*snort*:laugh:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Not this girl. No matter how much I work out and how muscular my arms get I still see bat wings. I'm very self conscious about my arms.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I wear this:

PAGAADNBMBHKACND.jpg

Really accentuates my excessive chest hair.
  • lmjannin
    lmjannin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like to show off my sexy arm fat.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It's just seen as a more feminine style. You'll find more women than men wearing tank tops outside the gym, too. You'll also find more women than men wearing short shorts, yoga pants and sports bras.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    You could ask the same question about yoga pants. Those are great for checking depth on squats.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Boob sweat. Nuff said.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't know but in my experience women tend to wear less clothing than men overall. Compare a skirt and blouse to a suit and tie, or board shorts to a bikini. I'm really not too upset by any of this.

^^ This.

Why do you care, OP? I like the eye candy and if they're comfortable, what the hell does it matter??
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I pick that days workout attire depending on what activity I'll be doing.

For example, if its upper body I am more likely to wear something like this
    KsryjTuVxMPcFebZmYuWbtaiFPqMhMvEAAyZ-610xh.jpg

But, lower body:
    rfdyxhZUDbtMigmvSYXdzzmyWBjgERZVcCMD-610xh.jpg
    But wrist sweat bands always.

I don't wear cotton however. Give me the synthetics because I pig sweat something fierce.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I like wearing tanks because I hate feeling uncomfortable when I'm hot. If I have sleeves and I'm sweating, I'll try to hike the sleeves all the way up to the shoulders, which feels too bunchy and annoying. On the days where I forgot to shave my pits, I'll wear sleeves and all I'l be thinking is WTF COULDN'T YOU JUST TAKE FIVE MINUTES TO SHAVE lol.

I just wear the tank top and say "eff it" if I haven't shaved. idgaf
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    rumsfeld.gif

OMFG! This made me laugh!

A lot of girls I'm friends with straight up hate clothes. So they begrudgingly wear as little as possible. It's awesome.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I couldn't help but notice that at all gyms I've been to the women are more likely to be found with sleeveless shirts showing their arms and shoulders than men are. Typically you would think that arms are something that men are more likely to show off rather than women. Are women really that proud of showing off their arms?
    Then another idea came to me as I was trying to get an armpit stain out of some of my workout shirts. Maybe they just don't want to deal with pit stains in their clothes and it has nothing to do with showing off their arm muscles.
    I wear tank tops because when I exercise, I get hot and sweaty and they'e more comfortable.

I'm not showing anything off.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Whaaaaaaaaat? Why on earth would a woman wear a tank top in public??? That's just scandalous.
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Because it's cool, and I am hot?

Who gives a flying toot?

If you are turned on by my sweaty tanktop that's your own weird fetish. Don't put your bull$hit on me. :)
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Women are far more likely to be attention *kitten*, that's why.

Wow. I hope for your sake none of the women in your life read this. If there are any...
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I think it's because most tank tops have built-in shelf bras, which gives our 'girls' extra support.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing tanks for years, much longer than I've been going to the gym and it's because I overheat too quickly and cannot stand wearing clothes around my shoulders/pits etc feels so restrictive. There's no way I would wear a T-shirt to the gym, as I rarely wear them anyway.

Nothing to do with looking for attention!!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Is this a real question?
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Whaaaaaaaaat? Why on earth would a woman wear a tank top in public??? That's just scandalous.

Scandalous is trying to do downward dog in a bhurka. It makes a giant puddle of fabric around the face. Men don't even know how embarrassing that ish is.