trying to get out of the 170's...anyone else?

Options

Replies

• purplespeckle
    Options
    whoever gets out of the 170's first i guess can start another thread for getting out the 160's lol!!
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    179 riight now!

Can't wait to get to 160 :)

I love weighing in daily. small gains or losses don't bother me as long as the general trend is downwards
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    And, as expected, I am back up to 171.8 this morning. GRRRrrrr. Of course, i sorta expected it since I didnt get to workout yesterday (sick baby :( ) , but I know that one day doesnt mean Im really gaining weight. Likely just water...fingers crossed.

I plan to workout today when/if my daughter finally gets some sleeeeeep today. And I already entered all my food into the diary and it says I will still have 200+ calories...so exercise will give me more room to eat more.

Anyone have any fun weekend plans? We were gonna head to Disney for the day tomorrow, but with a coughing toddler, it might not happen. Im DYING to get out of this house!!!
  • kumamushi
    kumamushi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week, and lost 4.5 pounds. I definitely know the second week will be harder, but I think I'm stubborn enough to persevere. Especially since I haven't seen my weight at 175 for months! Honestly, I'll be happy if I can eventually reach 160 because that's a maintainable weight for me but it would be interesting to see if I could reach 140. I haven't weighed 140 pounds since I was in middle school.
  • ddstumph
    Options
    I'm 175 and would like to get down to 135. Today is day 1 after taking the Holidays off. Let's see what all of us can do!!!!
  • Lauz_88
    Lauz_88 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9in and my starting weight was 190, i'm now at 179/180 but it doesn't seem to be coming off that quickly. I'm aiming to get down to 140 by June/July hopefully!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I'm at 179.4 :/
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    177.6 Woohoo!! Almost!!
  • kumamushi
    kumamushi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I gained a few pounds since yesterday, but I'm convinced most of it is muscle since I spent an entire day moving heavy things out of a garage for someone.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    sw: 177
    cw: 177

here is my exercise schedule for this week:

MONDAY JANUARY 17:
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX
    -SELF WORKOUT

TUESDAY, JANUARY 18
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 19
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

THURSDAY, JANUARY 20
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 3

FRIDAY, JANUARY 21
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

SATURDAY, JANUARY 22
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

SUNDAY, JANUARY 23
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JACKIE WARNER UPPER BODY
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 3

NUTRITIONAL GOALS THIS WEEK:
    -DRINK @ LEAST 64 OZ WATER/DAILY
    -NO FRENCH FRIES/MUSHROOM SWISS SNACK WRAP/BURGER
    -DO THE SPECIAL K CHALLENGE THIS WEEK
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    178 How is everyone else doing?
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    MONDAY JANUARY 17:
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ( i needed a few drinks AFTER jillian kicked my booty...lol)
    -SELF WORKOUT :sad: :sad: :sad:

my first day of FINALLY doing the cardio kickbox and for a 30 min workout i burned 105 calories...SWEATED LIKE CRAZY towards the end....UNFORTUNATELY though i didn't make it to the self workout...

TODAY after i go to sleep and wakeup this is what my day looks like:

TUESDAY, JANUARY 18
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

BONUS: (IF I HAVE TIME)
    SELF WORKOUT
  • runracer11
    runracer11 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck in the 170's since August-September. I started trying to lose weight in earnest on 1/1/11 and joined MFP shortly before that time.

My weight is 173.0lbs. I was 172.0 about 9 days ago, and since then it has been 172.5-173.5 every day (yes, I weigh in daily). I'm rather frustrated because I've been just below my calorie allotment every day, and I've exercised 6 out of 7 days each week. MFP keeps telling me I'll be 163 lbs in 5 weeks based on my net calories... but the scale isn't budging!

Anyway, I know this is all about being consistent and patient, so I'm sticking with the healthy eating and exercise plan! I will just be so thrilled to see the scale read 169.5lbs someday soon, I hope!!!

Good luck everyone!
  • Lauz_88
    Lauz_88 Posts: 29
    Options
    177.6!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    gre job everyone. i've not weighed in lately but i will be tomorrow if i remember. but yes i'm a daily weigher too. :D
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    MONDAY JANUARY 17:
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ( i needed a few drinks AFTER jillian kicked my booty...lol)
    -SELF WORKOUT :sad: :sad: :sad:

my first day of FINALLY doing the cardio kickbox and for a 30 min workout i burned 105 calories...SWEATED LIKE CRAZY towards the end....UNFORTUNATELY though i didn't make it to the self workout...

TODAY after i go to sleep and wakeup this is what my day looks like:

TUESDAY, JANUARY 18
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

BONUS: (IF I HAVE TIME)
    SELF WORKOUT

you can do it!!
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck in the 170's since december. i've been stuck at 170 for the past 2 weeks.

To get into the 170's was a big accomplishment for me all together. In November of "09" i weighed 230 pounds. Since that time i got down to 179 than during the summer i gained 10 pounds back. I celebrated my weightloss a little too much. I didn't really start getting back on weightloss journey again until november. Now i am at 170 and am dying to get into the 160's. My ideal weight for me would be 130's and that would be a first. I been in the 190's for most of my life.

I would definately enjoy talking to ya ladies
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    YES

Started at 185, now, my scale teeter-totters between 179-180.

I'd like to get to the 160's quick, fast and in a hurry.. far far away from that pesky 180 range. lol
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I've been stuck in the 170's since december. i've been stuck at 170 for the past 2 weeks.

To get into the 170's was a big accomplishment for me all together. In November of "09" i weighed 230 pounds. Since that time i got down to 179 than during the summer i gained 10 pounds back. I celebrated my weightloss a little too much. I didn't really start getting back on weightloss journey again until november. Now i am at 170 and am dying to get into the 160's. My ideal weight for me would be 130's and that would be a first. I been in the 190's for most of my life.

I would definately enjoy talking to ya ladies

Great job You've accomplished so much already! Have you upped (is that even a word? lol) your workouts or anything to get out of the slump? I cannot wait to see the scale read at least 167 .... #'s 169 & 168 don't count because it always lingers back to 170's lol
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    YES

Started at 185, now, my scale teeter-totters between 179-180.

I'd like to get to the 160's quick, fast and in a hurry.. far far away from that pesky 180 range. lol

my scale does that too! stupid scales! lol we'll get there though!