Females - How many sport bras do you own?

Options

Replies

• IsaCaliBel
    IsaCaliBel Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    8 bras

Two of them are high impact that I use for running.
    A couple I like for lifting and the others are for yoga, walking, cleaning the house kinda deal.

73529108.png
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    how do you all function with only 2 or 3 bras or even 2-3 sports bras?

Are you doing laundry twice a week? I think that's just as relevant of a question- I mean I have easily 10- and I got through at least 4-5 a week.

I run on monday, I wash the bra in the shower with me. I do weights on tuesday, bra at home. I do pilates on tuesday, bra at work. I run on weds. Wash the bra in the shower with me. Weights on thursday, the bra from tuesday is just fine. Pilates on thursday, bra is just fine. Then bring the bra home from work. I run on friday, wash the bra in the shower with me. On sunday I wash the weights bra and the pilates bra and the running bras again.

oiy- way to much work LOL- I pulled 8 from my dryer tonight- along with 9 pairs of workout pants- and that's just from this week.

What did my friend say tonight- I have way to much going on to be worried about if I have clean things or not. I give you girls props- no way I could do that- I just bought another one tonight b/c I couldn't stand the lack of good bras!!!
    I don't own any sports bras. Don't need them, and don't like them.. I do everything in a good quality, good fitting underwire bra, of which I have about 12, various colors. I do launder them as needed, in a mesh bag, on "delicate", of course.
    not a big fan of jump roping I see.

As someone else said it's clear levels of activity play a big roll in this as well- in my world I couldn't function without well fitted sports bras and I have recently (in the last year or two- become addicted to either layering- crappy compression bras with underwire- or going out of my way to purchase foam molded (and/or) underwire sports bras. BEST.INVENTION.EVER.

I'd like to think most of my street bras are in good shape- but I can't be having them beat up from bouncing- that just kills the elastic even faster- so I try to refrain from using them to much for "sporty" type activities.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have 8 and wear them daily, need to buy new ones... My favorites have seen better days!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I have... one. From years and years ago, so it's a C cup. I'm an F now. Yeahhhh, that's not gonna work :P
  • rrcoffey
    rrcoffey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have about 15, none of which are great on their own, so I double up. I have a list of recommendations for good bras that I'm going to try to see if I can pare my supply down.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    how do you all function with only 2 or 3 bras or even 2-3 sports bras?

Are you doing laundry twice a week? I think that's just as relevant of a question- I mean I have easily 10- and I got through at least 4-5 a week.

I run on monday, I wash the bra in the shower with me. I do weights on tuesday, bra at home. I do pilates on tuesday, bra at work. I run on weds. Wash the bra in the shower with me. Weights on thursday, the bra from tuesday is just fine. Pilates on thursday, bra is just fine. Then bring the bra home from work. I run on friday, wash the bra in the shower with me. On sunday I wash the weights bra and the pilates bra and the running bras again.

oiy- way to much work LOL- I pulled 8 from my dryer tonight- along with 9 pairs of workout pants- and that's just from this week.

What did my friend say tonight- I have way to much going on to be worried about if I have clean things or not. I give you girls props- no way I could do that- I just bought another one tonight b/c I couldn't stand the lack of good bras!!!
    I don't own any sports bras. Don't need them, and don't like them.. I do everything in a good quality, good fitting underwire bra, of which I have about 12, various colors. I do launder them as needed, in a mesh bag, on "delicate", of course.
    not a big fan of jump roping I see.

As someone else said it's clear levels of activity play a big roll in this as well- in my world I couldn't function without well fitted sports bras and I have recently (in the last year or two- become addicted to either layering- crappy compression bras with underwire- or going out of my way to purchase foam molded (and/or) underwire sports bras. BEST.INVENTION.EVER.

I'd like to think most of my street bras are in good shape- but I can't be having them beat up from bouncing- that just kills the elastic even faster- so I try to refrain from using them to much for "sporty" type activities.

jumping rope?? I haven't done that since I was a kid, and I've never been to a gym.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jumping rope?? I haven't done that since I was a kid, and I've never been to a gym.

lol- I love my Jump rope- I use it at least 3 times a week.

And I"m sad you haven't been to the gym- it's like the greatest place on earth. I'd rather go there than Disney any day!!!!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I have 2, red and black. I only workout 3 days a week and I have 2 kids at home, so I'm doing laundry every day.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    8 :)

2 expensive VS ones I picked up on a bogo deal :)!
    3 from ardeens, surprisingly really supportive and they normally have a 2 for 1 deal
    2 are super old ones from lazensa
    and 1 is a random one from old navy I think.

I have all the colors of the rainbow! green, pink, blue, orange and black. sure sometimes it clashes but my workout clothes are predominately ugly dark colors so its okay :)

I used to only have 4, but since ive increased my workout intensity theres no way I could wear one twice a week, waaaaay to much sweat :(
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    8 although I live in a house full of girls so there are at least 20 sports bras floating around our house between me, my 11 year old and my 8 year old.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have 10. Some lulu's, under armour and VS....My favorites are a toss up between UA and lulu
  • DragonflyBoudica
    DragonflyBoudica Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    only 3: I wear them at the gym running and/or weight training. When at home with weights and other exercises, I use regular bra or no bra (just a padded tank top), because I need to buy more sports bras!!! Running at home -I wear sports bra.
    1 is from Victoria Secret & I love it. I run in that one at the gym: totally cool!
  • agriffi1
    Options
    I own at least 8-10 sports bras but for some reason can only find like 2-3 any given week. So I usually wear a normal bra or a sports top with a built-in shelf bra or layered tops.
  • raingirl21
    raingirl21 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have about 7 so that it will last a week before I have to wash. I have some that are thin and not for cardio days, but others that are better for support. I want to pick up some cute ones but the VS ones seem so expensive when its under clothes (although I do buy their bras). I like the ones from Costco, they are Champion and come in a two-pack and are reversible. Not sure if they carry them all the time, but great for the money.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    too darn many and not enough good, supportive ones. I want to get some soon from victoria secrets.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I have lost count, maybe somewhere around 12 or so.... I own more sports bras than regular bras. I have them in all different colors and some are in patterns and match a pair of running shorts.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

lol- I love my Jump rope- I use it at least 3 times a week.

And I"m sad you haven't been to the gym- it's like the greatest place on earth. I'd rather go there than Disney any day!!!!

I love the jump rope also, sometimes the most supportive sports bra still doesn't hold the girls in place when I am doing this, but oh well.

That said, I have 8, 3 are really good and I wear them most. washing and hanging to dry isn't too much trouble, I am doing laundry anyway. I would buy more, but can't justify the expense right now. A friend of mine was over recently and looked in my closet and did comment on the fact that I have more workout clothes than anything else.
  • dispatcher939
    dispatcher939 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have 8, one of which bleeds color when I sweat which really sucks but the bra is super comfortable so i don't mind. The problem I have is nipples showing through because there is not much padding to prevent it. Anyone else have the problem?
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Zero. When I train at home I often lift braless. Otherwise it's just a regular old bra.