lose thigh and calf muscle

Options

Replies

• pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I dont know but when you find out, let me know. Lady-muscles are so disgusting...

I see what you did there.
    :wink:
  • kittycatz200
    Options
    I've seen some teenagers who are obsessed with not having their thighs touch. Some magazines are also airbrushing in a gap between the thighs to make models seem skinnier since the gap is supposed to be attractive. It's unnatural in most women and it's gross in my opinion.

mines natural! and thighs rubbing together to me is gross.
    That still doesn't change the fact that most females thighs touch naturally unless they are standing with their feet slightly apart. In which case, they won't touch. Most females do stand with their feet slightly apart though.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Don't tell me....you want a thigh gap :huh:

Thigh gaps are gross. Looks like the person has a hoohah so wide she can't close her legs.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Straight lines aren't any fun.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Don't tell me....you want a thigh gap :huh:

Thigh gaps are gross. Looks like the person has a hoohah so wide she can't close her legs.

<---- :sad:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I think there are a lot of teenagers who log on to complain that they miss their adolescent bodies and want them back. So I looked to for a good site explaining the natural development of the female form from late adolescence into adulthood but I'm having trouble finding anything much. But could this be part of OP's problem?
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I sympathize. I would also like to lose some of my leg muscle. Years of biking and hiking have left me with enormous thighs and calves. Even after I lose the fat, I'll still look bulky when I'd rather look slim.

Men on this thread will never understand it, but it's a reasonable thing for a woman to wish about her body.

That said, it really can't be done. One way or another, you have to learn to live with it.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'm sad someone doesn't want their muscle. :huh: :embarassed: :frown: :noway:
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I sympathize. I would also like to lose some of my leg muscle. Years of biking and hiking have left me with enormous thighs and calves. Even after I lose the fat, I'll still look bulky when I'd rather look slim.

Men on this thread will never understand it, but it's a reasonable thing for a woman to wish about her body.

That said, it really can't be done. One way or another, you have to learn to live with it.

I'm a woman who doesn't understand it.....
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Wish we can just swap legs. I would love to have more muscles in my legs!!!

I can relate. I think my last post on here was about what a "success" I felt because I can now feel a rather sturdy, well-defined quad muscle. And I'm working on attaining the same in my calves and hamstrings, because I have toothpick legs.

Maybe we can arrange a transplant? Lol

Why do we seem to admire the things that we don't have? Yeah, back in the 80's I used to perm my straight hair too. *sigh*
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I'm a woman who doesn't understand it. It is not a "reasonable thing" for a woman to wish about her body. It's correct that you can't do anything about it, but instead of "learning to live with it" how about you give your body some credit for building a sturdy foundation and you learn to love yourself the way you are.
  • Calren2
    Options
    Posting to echo the "it's genetics" crowd. Play the cards you've been dealt, maybe take up dancing for fun, whatever sounds fun - socializing is a plus. Seriously, whatever fashion magazines or shows you're watching that are pushing this image on you, stop reading/watching. You're not a barbie doll and it's totally okay to be real living, breathing woman.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Straight lines aren't any fun.

see, this guy knows what he's talking about!
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    1. You can't burn muscle. 2. Unless there's a layer of fat around your legs you can't reduce their size. They are the way they are and you just have to embrace them.

Also, muscles are good. They give you strength and endurance and muscly legs are actually very nice and attractive. So be proud of your muscular legs. They are a gift and not a curse.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    , Gimme more muscle! I love my leg muscles, it means I have power. I'm working on bigger. Forget about those stick thin models, to each their own, I guess.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

I'm a woman who doesn't understand it. It is not a "reasonable thing" for a woman to wish about her body. It's correct that you can't do anything about it, but instead of "learning to live with it" how about you give your body some credit for building a sturdy foundation and you learn to love yourself the way you are.

Agreed.
  • jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You guys need to stop falling for trolls.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

yeah, but there are actually people getting calf muscle reduction surgery to fit into designer boots...so...
  • jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

yeah, but there are actually people getting calf muscle reduction surgery to fit into designer boots...so...

oh, loll
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

It is very reasonable to wish you had a certain bodily trait,

Maybe you love everything about yourself, but many people wish they could change certain things.

I cannot believe you have so little imagination that you cannot understand that some people wish certain things about themselves were different, even if you love everything about yourself.