lose thigh and calf muscle

Options
1235»

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    You guys need to stop falling for trolls.
    tumblr_lmvpfaj1Co1qeohkwo1_500.gif
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    mmmmm...hammmmburrrgers
    :blushing:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I sympathize. I would also like to lose some of my leg muscle. Years of biking and hiking have left me with enormous thighs and calves. Even after I lose the fat, I'll still look bulky when I'd rather look slim.

Men on this thread will never understand it, but it's a reasonable thing for a woman to wish about her body.

That said, it really can't be done. One way or another, you have to learn to live with it.

I'm a woman who doesn't understand it. It is not a "reasonable thing" for a woman to wish about her body. It's correct that you can't do anything about it, but instead of "learning to live with it" how about you give your body some credit for building a sturdy foundation and you learn to love yourself the way you are.
    It is very reasonable to wish you had a certain bodily trait,

Maybe you love everything about yourself, but many people wish they could change certain things.

I cannot believe you have so little imagination that you cannot understand that some people wish certain things about themselves were different, even if you love everything about yourself.

I haven't always loved everything about myself and if I could wave a magic wand to remove my cellulite or loose skin I would do it. I still absolutely love myself the way I am because I have chosen to be happy about it.

The problem is wishing for something that is absolutely genetically impossible. If you can't change it then stop worrying about it. That's 100% unreasonable. It's like wishing you were born a year earlier or that you were six inches taller. You can't change that. It's unreasonable and futile, so get that out of your head. Focus on what you can change and sometimes that's your mentality.
  • arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have weirdly huge calves (thanks a lot, dad). It's a little annoying but I've come to terms with the fact that I'm just gonna have to learn to accept buying wide-calf boots. And learn to be thankful that I'm naturally strong, which does come in handy.