"H20" Seriously Sexy Seven pounds of Valentines Day Week 1

Options

Replies

• AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Here's the new H20 graphic, made by jsecret

valentines.jpg

I would like to thank her for taking the time to make one since Ive been down and out sick.. :) The little things like this, is what makes this group work.. Thank you for all that you do!

valentines.jpg Make the IMG & /IMG lowercase
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    am here.!! I made it back.At a weird place.My scales! One has me at 297 the regular one @ 319.am not sure where to begin.I have to start this out right.May todd them both and get a brand new one.I need to get one because I joined the pound for pound biggest loser challenge.I will record my weight on friday.
    So very happy to see you all again :):)<3
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Great graphic Jsecret :D
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Seriously sexy graphic for some seriously sexy people! Thanks JSecret!

And just in case anyone is running out of room in their siggie, you can use this:
    dJIAcc - same rules as usual, just lower case the [ img ] and [ /img ]

:)
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Great graphic Jsecret :D

Thanks guys! Our challenge just didn't feel the same without one of our H20 logos in the signatures!!! And it's nice to have other people asking about it when we're out and about on the boards. I know it's not as great as the last one but it gets the job done at least!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! Checking in. Had my breakfast, did a trainer-generated workout on the EA Sports Active 2 on my rest day but no meditation yet. I do journal. Does that count?
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this challenge. I am so excited to join. I am one of those people who doesn't particularly like Valentines day however this year should be different, my boyfriend and had some financially issues around the holidays, so instead of buying for each other, we bought for our families and decided that we would make Valentines a HUGE deal, and what better than to lose some extra weight and have a huge yet healthy celebration!

SW 173
    Valentines Goal 166

3 Things to work on

1. hating my mid section
    2. Self confidence around my boyfriends lake friends
    3.Still working on this

Workout program: Running 4--5 times a week

Does Yoga count as meditation?

Breakfast everyday: check
    Breakfast challenge for me: eat a healthy breakfast everyday not just something fast.

I recently quit smoking, the last day I smoked regularly was Christmas day (my family stresses me out) I have had two drags since then, both time thought it was awful,so that was a good thing but still a battle at times not to pick one up especially since my boyfriend smokes, although he is very supportive and tries very hard not to smoke around me. We have never smoked in our house so it makes it easier.

Super excited about this. I have another group that I weigh in on Fridays, is that okay?
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Well, I just spent the past 30min typing for MFP to clear it all :/ But here's the basics of what I had:

I have my 2nd 5k this coming Saturday, in 30-20degree weather, but I'll be warm, trust me, now I just gotta work on a little more running in the cold..gonna do that after I post this!

My bad habit to kick is sweets, bringing back my fruits instead. I love breakfast, so that's not an issue for me, thank goodness! Bringing Leslie Sansone back into my life and a little iffy on meditation as hubby plays Black Ops and Left 4 Dead A LOT, not much time alone, but I'll do what I can to find time.

Love the water bottle idea, gonna start working on something. Glad to see you all here and see many new faces, let's rock this challenge!!

So I never posted my starting weight :blushing: it was 202.6 at that point, not sure what tomorrow's weigh in will bring..
  • AprilVal
    Options
    I LOVE this challenge. I am so excited to join. I am one of those people who doesn't particularly like Valentines day however this year should be different, my boyfriend and had some financially issues around the holidays, so instead of buying for each other, we bought for our families and decided that we would make Valentines a HUGE deal, and what better than to lose some extra weight and have a huge yet healthy celebration!

SW 173
    Valentines Goal 166

3 Things to work on

1. hating my mid section
    2. Self confidence around my boyfriends lake friends
    3.Still working on this

Workout program: Running 4--5 times a week

Does Yoga count as meditation?

Breakfast everyday: check
    Breakfast challenge for me: eat a healthy breakfast everyday not just something fast.

I recently quit smoking, the last day I smoked regularly was Christmas day (my family stresses me out) I have had two drags since then, both time thought it was awful,so that was a good thing but still a battle at times not to pick one up especially since my boyfriend smokes, although he is very supportive and tries very hard not to smoke around me. We have never smoked in our house so it makes it easier.

Super excited about this. I have another group that I weigh in on Fridays, is that okay?

Welcome.. :) Yes Yoga can be part of meditation.. and Yes Friday is an ok day to weigh in.. Im not picky.. WE are here to help each other and have fun.. :) Thats what its all about.. :)
  • mrmarler
    Options
    YAY Im super excited!
  • roboray
    roboray Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nice Graphic thanks!!

Well things are going well, (other than smoking). Haven't been late for work yet. (wow can't believe I actually posted that lol)
    I downloaded some free apps onto my iphone for meditation, and I listed to them in bed at night. I don't know if I'm actually meditating because I fall asleep after the first 3 mins. Does anyone have any suggestions for staying awake?? Yesterday, I even sat up and then laid down and fell asleep. sheesh!! I'm so thankful for this challenge because I havent budged on the scales since I have started to work out. any ideas on a plateau?? I would appreciate any help, I have been drinking tons of green tea but it doesn't seem to be working. I am terrified of getting too frustrated and giving up, my usual pattern. Thanks for the great group.
  • mrmarler
    Options
    I just signed up for the Get healthy Texas 5K on January 22nd and North Texas folks wanna join me?
  • bjshooter
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! Checking in. Had my breakfast, did a trainer-generated workout on the EA Sports Active 2 on my rest day but no meditation yet. I do journal. Does that count?

OOO I got the EA active 2 game for xmas, its still in the box though :blushing:

Is it any good, how are the fun levels? how are the getting sweaty feeling like you are going to die levels?
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Posted a new picture on FB.. and on here under my pictures. Ive gotten lots of comments already.. :) Although ive not been losing I still see change in myself. Which is what matters the most.. :)

My new picture

163597_10150350810720371_507430370_16273332_6592126_n.jpg

(sorry its foggy) took it as I was getting out of the shower today. :)
  • mrmarler
    Options
    Posted a new picture on FB.. and on here under my pictures. Ive gotten lots of comments already.. :) Although ive not been losing I still see change in myself. Which is what matters the most.. :)

My new picture

Your are toning up, I think I like it more when I see a difference in my body! Great JOB!
  • kattungen
    Options
    Fridays are my weigh-in day, and I'm so disappointed today - I've gained 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) since Monday :( I don't understand HOW though, I've done everything "correct" calorie and exercise-wise. :(

I'm going to up my calorie intake for a week and see if that might help speed things alond a bit - I am worried that 1200 cals is way too low, that I'm actually in starvation. That would explain why I lost weight over the holidays (with loads and loads of food) and not before or after (with strict calorie-plan).

Happy Friday, y'all!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Nice Graphic thanks!!

Well things are going well, (other than smoking). Haven't been late for work yet. (wow can't believe I actually posted that lol)
    I downloaded some free apps onto my iphone for meditation, and I listed to them in bed at night. I don't know if I'm actually meditating because I fall asleep after the first 3 mins. Does anyone have any suggestions for staying awake?? Yesterday, I even sat up and then laid down and fell asleep. sheesh!! I'm so thankful for this challenge because I havent budged on the scales since I have started to work out. any ideas on a plateau?? I would appreciate any help, I have been drinking tons of green tea but it doesn't seem to be working. I am terrified of getting too frustrated and giving up, my usual pattern. Thanks for the great group.

You're so smart! I never thought to look for a meditation app for the iPhone. I'll have to give that a looksie!

April your new picture looks great. You're definitely making positive changes.

Kattungen, you just have to find that sweet spot with your calories. You'll find it!
  • bjshooter
    Options

My new picture

You are looking really good april, sometimes I find more of a difference when I havent actually lost. You are defo toning up.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    OOO I got the EA active 2 game for xmas, its still in the box though :blushing:

Is it any good, how are the fun levels? how are the getting sweaty feeling like you are going to die levels?
    Seriously, TAKE IT OUT THE BOX!! LOL

I think it's good to get you moving. I'm on the medium intensity level since it's been some months since I've regularly worked out. I think that the medium is enough for now! With the 9 Week Challenge, the program will actually up how many reps and how intense the workout is as it's going off the fact that your endurance and strength should be building throughout the program. I'm only on workout 4 but I have felt the burn during the exercises and you do work up quite a bit of sweat! The HRM is also great because it more accurately measures how many calories you're burning.

You can create groups on there as well. I'm part of a group of people from here as well as a group with my friends. I think it's good to see everyone's progress. It keeps me motivated.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Good morning all! I'm here but soooo ready for the weekend. The kids had a two-hour delay (for barely a dusting of snow!) and I envied that they got to sleep a little longer. I stayed up watching some show about the secrets of the Secret Service that didn't go off until midnight and now I'm paying for it!

I did workout 3 of EASA2 last night and it actually felt a little easy. It focused on upper body. I used the resistance bands that came with the game but probably should have just used my own weights. Next time, I suppose. Had my breakfast (Kashi oatmeal - yummy!) and I have journaled once already. Enjoy your day, everybody! I'm going to actually try and do some work today instead of browsing the forums. :)