HELP!!!! someone brought donuts!!!

Options

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    This always puzzles me. Be strong.
    A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.
    Also, remind yourself that you'll never be sorry you didn't eat that donut.

How is whining being strong?
    So your telling me that by over eating for years, I can't lose weight?
    And depending on the donut yes I may be sorry I didn't eat.

but i eat things I want in moderation, and make it fit into my daily macros/calories
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

This puzzles me.
    I am strong, I work out every day and lift weights. I eat cookies, donuts and what have you when I want to and make them fit into my calorie count. They don't show up on my hips (and didn't when i wasn't working on losing weight and ate them).

I'd be sorry if I didn't eat the donut.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Try coming to work and having your coworkers bring this sucker - about 20" diameter (apparently it shifted on the ride into work)

dPxSSGbl.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    If there are any left at lunch time, I highly recommend...

l.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

If the second line is true, that means that no one would ever be able to lose the weight and change their body for the better. That is obviously not true - judging by the vast number of success stories we have on MFP..

The third line is also not true. I would be very sorry if I didn't eat that donut.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It's her birthday. She can have donuts if she wants donuts.

Either work one into your day and thank her for bringing them, or exercise self-control and don't have one.

I agree with this. Have it or don't. Make your choice.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    It's her birthday. Let her eat donuts.

No one is forcing you to have one.
    You're an adult right?
    You can make decisions?

So put these on and go about your day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS79XkvxKt_KtBu4uZ3rvlu93ZeHgu9gAGccpAR_oDaTK6S-gnp
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

be strong. lol

is it cancer or a donut?

and what part puzzles you?

the part where people decide what they bring in to share on their birthdays?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I'm so going to get a doughnut before I pick my kids up from school.

tumblr_muiq55QvVn1s1clzao1_400.gif
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Seriously though. That is just life. You will be constantly tempted. You can't control what other people do. You can only control what you do.

Amen.
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It's her birthday. Let her eat donuts.

No one is forcing you to have one.
    You're an adult right?
    You can make decisions?

So put these on and go about your day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS79XkvxKt_KtBu4uZ3rvlu93ZeHgu9gAGccpAR_oDaTK6S-gnp

:laugh: :laugh:
  • da_bears1008
    Options
    Get your hands on the maple long john before some other jerk takes it!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm so going to get a doughnut before I pick my kids up from school.

tumblr_muiq55QvVn1s1clzao1_400.gif

Ditto
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Why?

Maybe your coworker understands that donuts aren't what caused her to get overweight or that one donut isn't going to wreck her progress...why not just have one? You're an adult. You can choose to have one or not.

This!

If there's a boston creme I'll take it thanks

AMEN! Hopefully there's 2...otherwise it's either split it or fight to the death...
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the lucky few who isn't attached to donuts. I just think about the friedness and calorie loaded witch they call donuts, then that's very persuasive for me. If you need to see the numbers that are in donuts, I suggest googling calorie and nutrient's information through google. I guarantee those numbers will help make that donut less appealing to you.

Have done it...still eat them. LOL
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Self control is developed and strengthened by practicing it in exactly situations like the one you described.
    Expecting that those who surround us adjust to our needs and make things easy for us does nothing for self discipline.
    I would suggest that you decide how much enjoying some of a doughnut is worth to you, or stay away from it.....you are 100% in control !
    I personally would not eat a doughnut, because if I have a treat I want something really special to make it worthwhile and a doughnut just does not fall into that category......for me, because it's my life.
    Good Luck !
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the lucky few who isn't attached to donuts. I just think about the friedness and calorie loaded witch they call donuts, then that's very persuasive for me. If you need to see the numbers that are in donuts, I suggest googling calorie and nutrient's information through google. I guarantee those numbers will help make that donut less appealing to you.

Yeah, pretty much if we're logging on this site we know what the numbers are. We probably don't eat them every day, but eat one once in a while. They're pretty appealing, even knowing the numbers.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    1 Doughnut won't kill your entire diet.
    just enjoy the Doughnut if you don't want it do not eat it! :flowerforyou:
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this thread

cutest_donuts_bath__contemporary_food_culture_Schmaus_Esskultur_Geschmackserlebnis_Kochkunst_Essgenuss_FeinkostausItalien_Tropfl_Ognigiorno_.jpg
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Yeah, pretty much if we're logging on this site we know what the numbers are. We probably don't eat them every day, but eat one once in a while. They're pretty appealing, even knowing the numbers.

Exactly. Donuts are always appealing to me. But I have enough self control not to eat them all the time.
    Life's too short to freak out over a donut. I'd eat one whether it fit onto my calories or not. It's one day.