HELP!!!! someone brought donuts!!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Chls122
    Chls122 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OMG i can smell the donuts from the breakroom right behind me. The lady that brought them,... its her b-day but she is also dieting... she also knows that most of the office is watching what we eat and walking at lunch- supporting each other. why on earth would she bring a fricken dozen donuts? My will power is failing. I want to eat the whole damn box. :/

Some people are just mean like that. You can eat one if you only eat one.. make sure and put it in your food log!
  • mummato7
    Options
    I wouldn't personally have one as I am loving seeing weight come off but if you are due a treat day why not try and fit one in to your calorie count :) For me I am trying to have a low sugar diet so donuts don't fit :)
  • Rinny73
    Rinny73 Posts: 21
    Options
    So this post is hella old... I still have to say, why did so many people shame this woman for asking us to share in a moment of her vulnerability? She did the right thing by reaching out for support.

Most people just need us to be present with them in the moment and empathize, not tell them what to do!

orrrrrrrrrr we could help her realize that she doesnt need to eliminate donuts from her intake.

seems to me that's more helpful than circling around the OP singing kumbaya while we all perpetuate her fear of foods she loves.

Orrrrrr...maybe...just maybe, the OP builds up a lot of anxiety from time to time and listening to a nice harmonizing round of Kumbayah actually calms her down enough to realize that she's overreacting? :D
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    So this post is hella old... I still have to say, why did so many people shame this woman for asking us to share in a moment of her vulnerability? She did the right thing by reaching out for support.

Most people just need us to be present with them in the moment and empathize, not tell them what to do!

orrrrrrrrrr we could help her realize that she doesnt need to eliminate donuts from her intake.

seems to me that's more helpful than circling around the OP singing kumbaya while we all perpetuate her fear of foods she loves.

giphy.gif

LOL
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't that be her decision? She may or may not need to eliminate doughnuts from her intake.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Totally understand. Where I work the office manager keeps the break room stocked with Nature Valley granola bars, Nutri-grain bars, Lance sandwich crackers and cookie packs, and 6 different candy jars full of candy! Not only that, but every Friday at 3:30 is an ice cream social where ice cream and tons of toppings are set out. Then once a month there is a pizza party to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. Oh and the VP regularly brings in donuts - at least once or twice a month.

It's nice the company provides some perks, but it's all junk/empty calories in my opinion. Ever since I started logging I decided the calories weren't worth it. I do participate in the pizza party cause I can't refuse pizza :)
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    We have donuts, and bagels, and home-made cookies and brownies, and chocolate all the time. Some stuff I do not care about (tried donuts once and did not like it at all), some stuff is tempting. First, it was hard sometimes, but eventually I got used to it and barely notice all the food now :) Give it some time, maybe you'll start ignoring it... It's here today, it will be here tomorrow.
  • beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was reading through this thread and I had no idea people got so worked up about donuts..... :explode:
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Send out an email that says:

Dear coworkers,

You cannot have doughnuts because I am on a diet.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Dear coworkers,

I want to be CC'd on that!!
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options

7 hours is "hella old"?

The OP is from 3 yrs ago.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

7 hours is "hella old"?

The original post is dated October 1, 2014 11:34 AM...

Now, I'll admit, I have a horrible sense of time, but Im pretty sure that was yesterday morning and not 3 years ago!! Then again, time does fly...it really could be 2017 now for all I know. My sense of time can be just that bad Hehehe!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

Dear coworkers,

^ Excellent idea right there!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

7 hours is "hella old"?

someone is looking at when OP joined, methinks..... Oops.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

7 hours is "hella old"?

Possibly brain fog from too few carbs... good thing someone brought donuts!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

7 hours is "hella old"?

Possibly brain fog from too few carbs... good thing someone brought donuts!
    Yay! I love a good excuse to have a donut!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OMG i can smell the donuts from the breakroom right behind me. The lady that brought them,... its her b-day but she is also dieting... she also knows that most of the office is watching what we eat and walking at lunch- supporting each other. why on earth would she bring a fricken dozen donuts? My will power is failing. I want to eat the whole damn box. :/

Some people are just mean like that. You can eat one if you only eat one.. make sure and put it in your food log!

Why does she have to only eat one? Depending on how she chooses to use her calories today, she could have more than one. Aside from the fact I think she said originally that there were a dozen, and depending on the size of the office, might be rude to take more than one...
  • trish916
    trish916 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This was a long time ago... and I am just now reading the last few posts. THANK you to all of you who understood I just needed to vent and have a compassionate ear to do so. Those of you who were mean spririted... well yeah u can move along. :)