Got 30-35 lbs to lose ? Join my group and we can do it toget

Options

Replies

• qkiley
    qkiley Posts: 65
    Options
    Hello CynthiaCollin and the rest of the team, I am qkiley and would love to join the crew if possible.

I started MFP at 279 and am currently at 266.6. For my own health, and the weddings I have coming up, I would love to drop at least another 30lbs. I think this group would be a big help!
  • Angel1116
    Options
    I'm there with you. It's a good place to start.
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I've got 34 pounds to go to reach my goal weight. Currently I'm on my 4th day of p90x and am about to start week 3 of c25k. The weigh ins will definitely be motivational!
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Me me me please...

SW 160
    CW 160
    1ST GW 140
    GW 130...
    Good luck everyone! xx
  • SLPONC00
    SLPONC00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Cynthia,
    I am Slponc00 I would love to join your group.I have 37lbs to lose to reach my first goal of being under 200 for the first time in 13 years need all the support I can get ! My current wieght is 236

Thanks
  • mallory101
    Options
    Im all new to this, i would love to join your group, my starting weight it 159 and i would like to lose 30 or 35lbs!... and NEED help Bad!! ahaha
  • Nicoles925
    Options
    I am in! I really need to get the rest of this "baby weight" off!!! I am at 154 now and want to be down to 120-125. I am fed up and sooo ready to be back to myself again!!!
  • NlKKA
    NlKKA Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the team as well. My current weight is 174 and I want to lose about 30-40lbs by my 30th birthday which is in July! My motto is "Getting Me Back" (#FitByThirty). I also have a page for women on Facebook called Getting Me Back which inspires women to not only get healthy physically but emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. This is a lifestyle change for me and I love that there are people on this site to support and motivate me as I do the same for them. God bless everyone in their success!!!
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hey SlimPossibles,

Let's welcome our new members workoutchick, 9kiley, angel1116, dseng13, marymoonpiguk, slponc00 236, mallory101, nicoles925 and nikka7781.

Success is not a race, be patient.
    Success leads to success.
    Success is always a work in progress.
    Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.
    Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.
    Some people dream about success... while others wake up and work hard at it.
    Success is achieved and maintained by those who try-and keep trying.
    Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!
    If at first you don't succeed-try, try again

Hope everyone is having a great day ! Keep up the good work !

Cynthia:smile:
  • Tinkerbell09
    Options
    Morning all!

Hope you all have a good day today!

We can do this!

xx
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!!

I hope we are all having a wonderful Friday and ready for a fantabulous weekend! I know I am.

Keep up the amazing work. :flowerforyou:
  • meadows654
    Options
    Ok... so I weighed myself a day ealier than I normally do... and I finally broke into the 150's! Yes!!!!!!!!! It feels awesome!!!! I'll still weigh myself and "officially" record my weight tomorrow... but I'm so excited! I had to share. :happy:
  • randibiernot
    Options
    I want to join. Starting weight 190, current weight 189, goal 160.
  • ninjanewby
    Options
    Recipe of the week (Jamaican Curried Shrimp & Mango Soup)

4 servings, about 2 cups each

Active Time: 40 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Jamaican Curried Shrimp & Mango Soup
    From EatingWell: January/February 2011 — Subscribe to EatingWell Magazine Today!

Average:
    Cancel rating
    Poor
    Okay
    Good
    Great
    Awesome
    Your rating: None Average: 5 (9 votes)

Transport yourself to the islands with this Jamaican-inspired soup, full of fresh shrimp and sweet mangoes. We loved this soup with regular store-bought curry powder, but if you happen to have Jamaican-style curry powder, which has a hint of allspice, this is a great place to use it. Serve with brown basmati or jasmine rice with sliced pineapple for dessert.

Recipe
    Add/Read Comments (0)
    login to saveprintshare

4 servings, about 2 cups each

Active Time: 40 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

NUTRITION PROFILE
    Diabetes appropriate | Healthy weight | Heart healthy | High potassium | Low saturated fat | High fiber | Low calorie | Gluten free |

View Our Nutrition Guidelines » INGREDIENTS
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 stalks celery, sliced
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 serrano chile, minced (optional)
    2 tablespoons curry powder
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    2 cups seafood broth or stock or clam juice
    1 14-ounce can “lite” coconut milk
    3 ripe mangoes, diced (see Tip)
    1 1/4 pounds raw shrimp (21-25 count; see Note), peeled and deveined
    1 bunch scallions, sliced
    1/4 teaspoon salt

PREPARATION
    Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, chile (if using), curry powder and thyme; stir constantly for 30 seconds. Add broth (or stock or clam juice), coconut milk and mangoes. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
    Puree 3 cups of the soup in a blender. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.) Return the puree to the pot and bring to a simmer. Add shrimp and cook until pink and firm, about 3 minutes. Stir in scallions and salt.

NUTRITION
    Per serving:: 378 calories; 13 g fat (6 g sat, 3 g mono); 172 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 6 g fiber; 604 mg sodium; 704 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv), Iron (25% dv), Magnesium (21% dv), Potassium (20% dv)

2 Carbohydrate Serving
  • CynthiaCollin
    Options
    Ok... so I weighed myself a day ealier than I normally do... and I finally broke into the 150's! Yes!!!!!!!!! It feels awesome!!!! I'll still weigh myself and "officially" record my weight tomorrow... but I'm so excited! I had to share. :happy:

Welcome to the 150's ....you and I are neck in neck....lol....it is great to see the 150 and know that the 140's are too far behind ! Great job !!! I am excited for and for myself !
  • CynthiaCollin
    Options
    Thanks for the great recipe NINJANEWBY ! Sounds delicious !

:tongue:
  • CynthiaCollin
    Options
    Good Afternoon SlimPossibles ! Just wanted to wish you a wonderful weekend ! Keep up your hard work ! Exercise, eat right and drink lots of water ! Remember your goals....always do your best ! If you need support we are all here ! Can't wait to see your weekly progress on Monday ! Great job this week everyone ! Keep it up ! You are all amazing !!!!
    :happy:
  • rhinobanga
    Options
    Hi cynthia, I'd like to join please too. My starting weight is 323 and would love to get down to 250 but even if I make it to 280 I would be over the moon. I need to do this for health reasons obviously but also for my own self esteem.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well. I hope it's not too late.

I am 4'11 and currently weigh 157 lbs. (I feel adding my height puts me more in perspective).

My goal weight is 120 lbs. that might change, but that's what it is at the moment :)
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I can't wait until I can say that.